Someone manned up and imported some Tein CS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007 | 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TSXinHI
No problem. I'm used to paying higher shipping anyways. The extra $50 is fine, it's just that I like to know EXACTLY what i'm paying when i buy stuff, know what i mean?

2" sound alot nicer. Sorry if this is a noob question, but what exactly does trimming the bumpstop do? Does it affect ride quality?

Little off subject from susp., but since i can't PM yet, can you get ahold of 06 Euro-r kits? If you can, i may have to just lump it all in to one order.

When you lower the car you reduce the amount of travel available. The Bump stops are there to keep the shock from bottoming out when it reaches the end of it's travel. Trimming the bumpstop makes it thinner so you can buy yourself an extra 1/2" of travel or so, meaning you can lower the car a little more than you normally could.
Old 01-11-2007 | 03:55 PM
seizure force field!

cant wait to see the writups for the people who start buying these... hopefully someone who has the FLEX will switch to the CS and that will make for the ultimate writeup
Old 01-11-2007 | 04:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by rex.
hmm.. i wish i had these to install
yeah yeah, I know it was you

Originally Posted by v6cord2k5
cant wait to see the writups for the people who start buying these... hopefully someone who has the FLEX will switch to the CS and that will make for the ultimate writeup

I'm thinkin about it now, hrm...
Old 01-11-2007 | 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor

hopefully someone who has the FLEX will switch to the CS and that will make for the ultimate writeup

WHY????

All they are going to say is that it will raise the car and ride smoother. Again, these two systems are not competing. They are for totally different types of driving. Why does everyone insist on comparing teh CS with the Flex?

Marcus
Old 01-11-2007 | 05:21 PM
Is waiting in

Originally Posted by Reach
yeah yeah, I know it was you
I'm thinkin about it now, hrm...
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:54 PM
seizure force field!

is the height adjustability independent of the shock? sorry if this was covered already...

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Again, these two systems are not competing.
they are in my case! lol
heres why:
-I really dont want to but a koni/spring setup (low range of adjustability)
-I really dont want to get the SS/Basic setup because the height adjustability is not independent of the shock, being able to rebuild the shock is also a big plus for the long run...
-I really dont want to get the D2 since not many people has 'em, so I guess im scared to venture into the unknown.
-havent heard many good wraps on Tanabe
-I want to be able to use the EDFC, so that really narrows it down to the SS-P, Flex, and this now.
-Now I might end up getting these because Im looking for the softest ride (parents drive the car A LOT) I can get while having a fully adjustable ride height, I was going to pick the Flex and live with the stiffness (set it to full soft for the parents w/ EDFC)... but now that theres this option
Old 01-12-2007 | 12:38 AM
hrj
Three Wheelin'

you need to read other cars forums.. Tanabe is one of the best susp. product out there.

They recently introduced speed sensing suspension. I bet Tein dont have this (yet).
http://tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/teas.asp

Tanabe only offer 1 type of coilover for TSX and that is the S-OC
Old 01-12-2007 | 01:13 AM
seizure force field!

Originally Posted by hrj_1985
you need to read other cars forums.. Tanabe is one of the best susp. product out there.

They recently introduced speed sensing suspension. I bet Tein dont have this (yet).

I know its a highly popular brand accross other platforms, but I am inclined to believe that the TSX coilover didnt receive as much R&D as it could/should of...

hopefully its another story with these CS's

more of you buy these! haha
Old 01-12-2007 | 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

is the height adjustability independent of the shock? sorry if this was covered already...
You worded that wrong, but I know what you are askin. It is on the Flex and it isn;t on the CS. And if you can't tell by looking at the pics of the CS, are you sure you know what it means?

they are in my case! lol
heres why:
-I really dont want to but a koni/spring setup (low range of adjustability)
-I really dont want to get the SS/Basic setup because the height adjustability is not independent of the shock, being able to rebuild the shock is also a big plus for the long run...
-I really dont want to get the D2 since not many people has 'em, so I guess im scared to venture into the unknown.
-I want to be able to use the EDFC, so that really narrows it down to the SS-P, Flex, and this now.
-Now I might end up getting these because Im looking for the softest ride (parents drive the car A LOT) I can get while having a fully adjustable ride height, I was going to pick the Flex and live with the stiffness (set it to full soft for the parents w/ EDFC)... but now that theres this option

You are pretty far off base man:

- Koni yellows have a pretty far adjustment range in both dampening and in height. With the Neuspeed SP3s you have like an inch of height range. That's pretty siginificant.

-SS and Basics are rebuildable as I am sure you know. But having "full-length adjustment" really is not a factor unless you want to lower the car over 2.5" and/or want to play with spring preload...and I doubt you will be doing that.

-A lot of people do have them for different cars. I used to carry them. But they are scarcely available, and are of lesser quality. I think these cars deserve a little more.

-The Tanabe is a good suspension. I don't think it is one of the best out there, as mentioned. But I do think it is a decent kit for quality. I do not prefer the shock tuning and spring rates. The shocks are produced by Koni and the fitment is good. But because they cost more than Tein and are rarely available (and good luck getting them rebuit if you need to) I prefer Tein any day.

-The EDFC is only compatable with the Flex or the CS on the TSX. There is no SS-P kit for it. But now I just realize you probably have an accord...which actually the Flex is not available for the accord, nor is the CS, so it seems your choice would be between the SS-P, and that's it. Is the 03+ Accord sus interchangable with the TSX?

The only major reason I can see why you'd be torn between the Flex and the CS is the question of lowering. How low do you want the car????? for 1-2" down, get the CS. For 1.5-2.25" get the SS-P. For more than that get the Flex.

Marcus
Old 01-12-2007 | 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hrj_1985
I bet Tein dont have this (yet).

Actually they offer the SCO-2 as well.

And Tein was working a EDFC with VSS input for variable dampening at different speeds but for some reason it did not make it to market. That was 3 years ago. I will ask today and see what happened. I am going to grab a few kits.

Marcus
Old 01-12-2007 | 04:35 PM
seizure force field!

I dont know exactly how to word it but I have seen it done... instead of adjusting one location when altering height you adjust the bottom seat(?) of the spring so that it is not compressed more when you drop the car (something like that). I really didnt look at the CS pics, which is why I didnt notice. Plenty of people have the SP3 setup with springs and many have switched because of limited adjustability. I was not aware that the SS and the Basics were rebuidable (learned something new today). Yes I have an accord so if I go with SS it will be with upper mounts (unless I decide to use the stock non-metalic ones). And yes the coilover setups among the TL/Accord/TSX are all interchangable, also the sways. I plan on going to a one finger gap all around, dont know how much that is in inches (theres a big debate about how much a car is actually dropped, so I usually just use the finger measuring method).

You worded that wrong, but I know what you are askin. It is on the Flex and it isn;t on the CS. And if you can't tell by looking at the pics of the CS, are you sure you know what it means?

You are pretty far off base man:

- Koni yellows have a pretty far adjustment range in both dampening and in height. With the Neuspeed SP3s you have like an inch of height range. That's pretty siginificant.

-SS and Basics are rebuildable as I am sure you know. But having "full-length adjustment" really is not a factor unless you want to lower the car over 2.5" and/or want to play with spring preload...and I doubt you will be doing that.

-A lot of people do have them for different cars. I used to carry them. But they are scarcely available, and are of lesser quality. I think these cars deserve a little more.

-The Tanabe is a good suspension. I don't think it is one of the best out there, as mentioned. But I do think it is a decent kit for quality. I do not prefer the shock tuning and spring rates. The shocks are produced by Koni and the fitment is good. But because they cost more than Tein and are rarely available (and good luck getting them rebuit if you need to) I prefer Tein any day.

-The EDFC is only compatable with the Flex or the CS on the TSX. There is no SS-P kit for it. But now I just realize you probably have an accord...which actually the Flex is not available for the accord, nor is the CS, so it seems your choice would be between the SS-P, and that's it. Is the 03+ Accord sus interchangable with the TSX?

The only major reason I can see why you'd be torn between the Flex and the CS is the question of lowering. How low do you want the car????? for 1-2" down, get the CS. For 1.5-2.25" get the SS-P. For more than that get the Flex.

Marcus
Old 01-12-2007 | 07:32 PM
Former Sponsor

I dont know exactly how to word it but I have seen it done... instead of adjusting one location when altering height you adjust the bottom seat(?) of the spring so that it is not compressed more when you drop the car (something like that). I really didnt look at the CS pics, which is why I didnt notice. Plenty of people have the SP3 setup with springs and many have switched because of limited adjustability. I was not aware that the SS and the Basics were rebuidable (learned something new today). Yes I have an accord so if I go with SS it will be with upper mounts (unless I decide to use the stock non-metalic ones). And yes the coilover setups among the TL/Accord/TSX are all interchangable, also the sways. I plan on going to a one finger gap all around, dont know how much that is in inches (theres a big debate about how much a car is actually dropped, so I usually just use the finger measuring method).

Hmmm....ok.

Only a couple comments on your post:

On the SS, you can't simply add the upper pillows. You need to use stock upper hats. We can supply them for you, and we can even preinstall everything for you. But if you want the upper pillows the best thing to do is buy an actual SS-P kit. Just clarifying that.

Also, I know that the 3G TL and TSX parts are swapped. On the Accord, are you referring to 03+? And The TL also was made 98-02. All the parts are similar, but they are not direct swaps across the board. Some modifying or tweaking might be needed, and measurements on one car might not cross over to another. "Finger gap" is one of those measurement references. Just clarifying that, too.

Now, I agree that finger-gap is the best method for specifying the desired height of the car. For a 1 finger gap, you need to lower these cares about 1.75"-2". 2"-2.5" would be even tire gap, and maybe the slightest tuck.

Marcus
Old 01-12-2007 | 07:46 PM
Racer

Am I correct when I say lowering the car affects the shock travel with this specific model?
Old 01-12-2007 | 09:15 PM
seizure force field!

Also, I know that the 3G TL and TSX parts are swapped. On the Accord, are you referring to 03+? And The TL also was made 98-02. All the parts are similar, but they are not direct swaps across the board. Some modifying or tweaking might be needed, and measurements on one car might not cross over to another. "Finger gap" is one of those measurement references. Just clarifying that, too.
I meant 3Gen TL, the 2Gen TL suspension components do not fit our generation. Yes I am referring to 03+ (I have an o5, thus the "2k5" on the member name).

I have a question for you regarding importing some stuff from japan, or at least acquiring some information if you have it... Ill send you a PM...

Thanks for clarifying everything Marcus, you truly have a good amount of knowledge and expertise when it comes to this stuff
Old 01-15-2007 | 02:04 AM
Advanced

Can i order this through the website, or do i have to call up? I wanna man up and get the CS too.
Old 01-15-2007 | 05:07 AM

I dont know if this was already brought up.

But, since these are designed for a CL7 would you think the front spring rate and dampening adj. would be slightly affected?

Let's say a 1.5 drop on setting 10 dampening would feel good for a CL7 with K20 motor.

But, on a CL9 with a K24, it would need to be tweaked to setting 16 dampening to get the same feel.

Thus, actually causing a limited dampening range?

Or am I wrong? Just wondering since they are made for "CL7-R"
Old 01-15-2007 | 05:45 AM
PJS
Burning Brakes

The cars weigh the same near enough - and the Euro R (CL7) is stiffly sprung by comparison to the normal 2.0L Accord, so this is much the same or slightly more stiff again.
Therefore, the damping setting won't need to be whacked up to compensate for anything.
Old 01-15-2007 | 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AamirCWITR
Am I correct when I say lowering the car affects the shock travel with this specific model?

Hmmm, by bolting these on the car, it will lower the car and retain the necessary amount of travel, thereby avoiding bottoming out. Adjusting the coilovers up or down is going to affect the range of travel available.
Old 01-15-2007 | 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TSXinHI
Can i order this through the website, or do i have to call up? I wanna man up and get the CS too.

Call me up bro

949-295-1668

Marcus
Old 01-15-2007 | 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda
I dont know if this was already brought up.

But, since these are designed for a CL7 would you think the front spring rate and dampening adj. would be slightly affected?

Let's say a 1.5 drop on setting 10 dampening would feel good for a CL7 with K20 motor.

But, on a CL9 with a K24, it would need to be tweaked to setting 16 dampening to get the same feel.

Thus, actually causing a limited dampening range?

Or am I wrong? Just wondering since they are made for "CL7-R"

Insightful, but the vehicle weights are not really all that differnet. A K24 is not going to weigh any different from a K20 on any practical level. If the US car had a V6 or something I maybe could see a difference, but you are not going to have a problem with this setup. If anything, since the Euro-R is a sports model, the sus is tuned on the firmer side for them, and making it more reasonable for us. This is a stretch, I really don't think it is a noticable difference.

Marcus
Old 02-04-2007 | 09:57 PM
Racer

Any feedback from the customer who ordered these? Has anyone else ordered a set?
Old 02-04-2007 | 10:00 PM
hrj
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TodaSi
Any feedback from the customer who ordered these? Has anyone else ordered a set?
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=35855&page=2

Originally Posted by rex.
Well I can't give an accurate write up, seeing how I have a wheel combo that rubs, but I suppose if I switch back to my stocks everything would be perfect.

From Softest (1) to Hardest (16), my car is set on (8) for front and rear.
On the city streets, it feels just as smooth as stock, except there's a little more cushion when going over and bumps and in holes.
I expect (1) to be a lot softer when in city streets, causing the ride to be even more enjoyable.
When inside, passengers forget that the car is dropped because the ride is so smooth. It's only until they hear the wheels rub the edge of the fender that they remember.
Setting (16) is to die for! Well, It would be great if it go stiffer, but that's what the FLEX are for. You could feel the car hugging the road as steering becomes more responsive.
The handling of the car @100mph at JFK Airport made me feel as if the car was ready for take-off.

I like to cruise, and this suspension setup was the perfect choice for it. 'Spirited' driving can be enjoyed with these Comfort Sport dampers, but not that was not their primary function. These are perfect for those who want to lower their car, maintain ride quality and have little more handling. I would say these are Tein's "A-Spec" version of their coilovers. For those looking for track/race use, SuperStreet or FLEX (Basic, if there's a budget), should be the setup you're interested in.

On a side note these dampers are excellent! What inspired me to get them was a ride in my friend's 350Z when he had the Tein Comfort Sport installed. He changed them out for the Bilstein PSS 9, saying he wants to handle like a Porsche. If only they made a setup for us.

-Yea, they're 2006 "Accord" tails, you Non-American
Old 02-05-2007 | 12:29 AM
i need to update my pic

basics, or CS??? LOL i kno, dumb question but still ...

marcus?? you know what feel i'm going for... check ur PMs too
Old 02-05-2007 | 08:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ucizhunee721
basics, or CS??? LOL i kno, dumb question but still ...

marcus?? you know what feel i'm going for... check ur PMs too

I dunno man, those CS are pretty tempting. I keep trying to decide what I'd want if it was my car. Personally I think I would prefer the sportier feel of the Basics. I'll just have to wait for a local guy to have the CS installed here so I can see what they feel like.

Marcus
Old 02-07-2007 | 09:19 PM
i need to update my pic

i know ... i wish i could sit in a car that has basics, then the same car but with CS's ... if only it was a perfect world, hahah

decisions, i swear...