Neuspeed Koni Super Cup pics (no dial up)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:12 AM
OEM plus!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neuspeed Koni Super Cup pics (no dial up)

I have been asking a lot of suspension questions trying to get opinions and I finally decided on the Neuspeed Koni Super Cup kit with the sport spring swap. I just installed them this Sunday and the whole Jorb took about 5 hours.

I went with the middle perch up front and -1 in the back. As far as the damper settings I cranked all of them to full soft and went a 180 degree turn counter-clockwise. I am pretty happy with how the car handles. Very close to stock, believe it or not. The ride is very compliant so far. As far as average potholes go, the Koni kit takes it better than the stock...now actual bumps in the road, the stock setup has a slight upper hand. On bumps the car is tad more jumpy with the Koni's...nothing too alarming though, still a nice ride.

These pics were taken right after the install and since then (driving about 100 miles) the back left side has come down about another 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch from settling. So now the back is a little uneven. The back right is about 1/4 of an inch taller than the back left. I will wait it out a little more to see if the back right comes down to the level of the back left. Hope it does. I didn't take any pics of the car after settling. I will wait until I get my OEM body kit ordered and installed to take more pics, in the hopes everything will fall into place.

Below are some before and after pics on the install day. I cleaned the car earlier in the day, but during the 45 min drive to my friends house in Bufu, IL I collected all sorts of mess on the whip.

Some before shots...

After shots...

This picture fooled me into thinking that I could leave this driveway without scraping. It looked like I had some room to spare, boy was I wrong...later that day when I left, I thought the f**cking strut went through the hood, with the noise the car made.

Then I took another pic and figured that I didn't have that much room to play with after all...
Old 05-30-2006, 02:16 AM
OEM plus!

I forgot to mention that I would like to thank jackacc and OldManTSX for all of their input in the pre-installation phase. They made choice of the product and the installation quite smooth.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:30 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A Cake On
I forgot to mention that I would like to thank jackacc and OldManTSX for all of their input in the pre-installation phase. They made choice of the product and the installation quite smooth.
No problem Andre
Your car's stance looks much much better! Great work!
Old 05-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Instructor

No sweat! Your car looks waaaay better

Enjoy!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
looks nice!

if you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase your koni shocks/springs from? and how much did they cost?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:15 AM
OEM plus!

Originally Posted by jmathew34
looks nice!

if you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase your koni shocks/springs from? and how much did they cost?
I don't mind at all....I ordered them from here...super cup link

I didn't order them online though because I didn't order the super cup kit as it comes, I had them swap the springs for the sport springs. I called them via the number listed on the "contact" link. They were very accomodating right out of the gate, maybe because I mentioned the forum.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Have camera, will travel

Car looks great!
Old 05-31-2006, 02:02 PM
no0bIe

Car looks awesome, your definetly going to have to be extra careful w/ the OEM lip kit, because from the looks of it you already are going to scrape. Once you live through your first scrape, you begin to become accepting of it. Trust me the first couple scraps I got from lowering + OEM Lip I felt as if I could feel it running through the spine of my back. All in all again your car looks awesome.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:08 AM
OEM plus!

Thank you all for the compliments!

An update on the back settling situation I had. I think my DUMBA$$ left the perch on the back right tire on the middle setting. I really am pissed off about that, cause I was very careful with everything realted to this project. Anyway that would account for why my back end is "on lean" to the left, cause the back left setting is -1. I am going to bring the car back to my buddies house tomorrow AM to verify, and if I do find the perch settings to be different I am actually going to take the back left and bring it up one setting to the middle. I want a little extra clearance in the back, cause I may have to put some goodies in the trunk pretty soon . Right now as it stands it looks almost like I am tucking tire on the back left, which I don't really care for. Another .25" will do it just right.

Here are some pics of the back gap on both sides as it sits right now. It is kind of hard to notice since it is only a .25" difference but I can tell in the pic and you can definately tell in person.

Back left

Back right
Old 06-01-2006, 01:32 PM
OEM plus!

OK so I may have jumped the gun a bit! The perch settings were the same in the back. Both at -1, I can't believe I doubted myself like that. Everything still looked a little off, so I finally took it in to get it aligned. After the alignment, the difference in gap is now insignificant. The alignment guy was pretty shocked at how off the back end was in regards to camber and toe. The front right camber was a bit off but by very little. I don't think I'm too worried the front. As far as for the rear they fixed the toe but weren't able to do anything with the camber as we already know. I went to Sears Auto Center to get the work done and surprisingly they had a better alighment machine than my dealer. Here is the spec sheet that they printed for me.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:29 AM
OEM plus!

Just wanted to put up this update for some folks that are researching suspension setups like I was.

I should have listened to everyone that has done this install in the first place. I had to go against the grain and turn the dampers back 180 degrees from soft to start with. Let me just say that with today's change to a full 360 degree turn from full soft is the way to go. There was a little bit of bounce before that was kind of annoying, that has now been remedied. It is by no means annoyingly firm, it just feels like there is more rebound contol now. I am liking the setup more and more now.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:35 PM
OEM plus!

As much as I liked seeing my girls boobs bounce from the stiff suspension I decided to change the settings again. Before I got the car I wanted rims first and I went this route first and it bothers me every day that my car isn't rimmed yet. But on the same token I was staying away from the thought of getting rims since the ride quality would be even worse than now. I don't think I would be able to live with that. So I decided to go full soft on the Koni's. It feels so nice...It's cush all day long. Car leans now in turns, not like an old Town Car but it leans...I will deal with that cause now I can afford to give up some comfort with the addition of rims. The search begins....
Old 06-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Looks really nice!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:46 AM
OEM plus!

^Thank you, thank you