Michelin Primacy or Bridgestone Serenity

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:38 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michelin Primacy or Bridgestone Serenity

06 TSX driven by my wife (not aggressively). Have narrowed my choices down to either the Michelin Primacy MXV4 or the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity. I've read several threads, road test reports and reviews and it seems a toss up. The Bridgestones go on sale tomorrow and will be less out of pocket. Would appreciate any feedback from members who have experience with either or both of these tires.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:39 AM
2nd Gear

Opinion on Primacy

Hi,
I tried the Primacy's when my stock tires went in under 25k on my 06 TSX. I live in MA and hated the OEM tires in snow and rain. I also thought they were a little loud. They were great dry. I went to NTB and asked for their opinion, looking for a tire that was better in snow/rain and quieter. The primacy's were better than the stock, but I still wasn't happy with their snow performance. I recently needed tires at 60K. After doing some research I decided on the new Goodyear Eagle GT's. Even though they are classified as a performance tire and not a touring tire, I liked them an order of magnitude better than the Primacy's. Much better in rain, better handling, but a bit louder. I personally don't care too much about how the tires handling since I feel the TSX will do fine with almost anything unless you are racing. I am waiting to see how they work in snow.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Modding newbie

I switched from the stockies to the Serenities at about 47,000 miles, which is shortly after I got the car. Handling, comfort, and noise all improved significantly. They had a funny response time untill broken in that took a little getting used to. Once they were broken in, they responded much better. I'd say I have the traction in the rain with the Serenities that I had with the stockies on dry pavement. There are better tires out there in terms of handling, but after about 25,000 miles I'm still pleased with my decession. I don't track the car and have no intentions of ever doing so. I don't think they'd do well on the track, so if you ever plan to, you may want to consider other tires. I live in southern Louisiana, so I have no idea how they handle in snow since we haven't seen snow here since the '80's, and even then it wasn't significant.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Itchytoe
I switched from the stockies to the Serenities at about 47,000 miles, which is shortly after I got the car. Handling, comfort, and noise all improved significantly. They had a funny response time untill broken in that took a little getting used to. Once they were broken in, they responded much better. I'd say I have the traction in the rain with the Serenities that I had with the stockies on dry pavement. There are better tires out there in terms of handling, but after about 25,000 miles I'm still pleased with my decession. I don't track the car and have no intentions of ever doing so. I don't think they'd do well on the track, so if you ever plan to, you may want to consider other tires. I live in southern Louisiana, so I have no idea how they handle in snow since we haven't seen snow here since the '80's, and even then it wasn't significant.
How long (days/weeks driving) did it take to break in your serenities?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Pro

i replace OE to Primary MXV around 60k km (~40k miles). the OE was getting noise and stiffer (as tire age, compound get harder and stiffer). it was so painful going over small pothole on the street for rear passengers.

here is what i found,
adventages to Primacy- cost, i got a special at Tire Rack last year for 120/tire, much quieter, and softer ride. However, the tire wall is not as stiff as OE, car lean a bit more compare to OE during hard cornering, and turning is not as sharp as OE. Primacy does have gripe, it will follow through the turn although the body lean was suggesting otherwise.. if you like to drive your TSX hard then you will find there are those are trade off to Primacy's more comfortable ride. otherwise i have nothing to complain about Primacy so far (7 month, Nov 2009-May 2010).