Ingalls rear camber kit install EMERGENCY!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ingalls rear camber kit install EMERGENCY!

We could not install the toe adjustment bars that came with the kit due to poor quality of threads, the bar would not screw onto the mount properly. So instead, we just left the stock toe bar in and replaced only the camber bar. We would guess this is ok since this car has stock toe adjustment. But does anyone know if this is in someway bad for the car or handling or etc just replacing only the camber bar of the ingalls rear camber kit? anyone with this sort of experience, please reply, need feedbacks to feel safe.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:iblannym:

Shouldnt be a problem. You'll have some negative camber, so you'll chew up tires a bit faster...Just get an alignment.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:47 AM
Hondaholic

:iblannym: dammit

Originally Posted by handsomegorge
We could not install the toe adjustment bars that came with the kit due to poor quality of threads, the bar would not screw onto the mount properly.
I hope you realize that there are both right and left hand threads and nuts with this kit, so not only do you need to make sure that you get the right nuts on the right ends, but then spin them the proper way........
Old 09-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LannyM
:iblannym: dammit

I hope you realize that there are both right and left hand threads and nuts with this kit, so not only do you need to make sure that you get the right nuts on the right ends, but then spin them the proper way........
was gonna say the same thing
Old 09-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Banned

yes i know, but i am sure the threads are messed up for one of the tubes
Old 09-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Banned

what does :iblannym mean?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Quattro in.....

what does :iblannym mean?

:iblannym: = A reply/post In Before LannyM
Old 09-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ever thought of rethreading it?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

When they installed my kit, they said the same thing too. I took it home and matched up each one perfectly. I can almost guarantee that yall are trying to screw in a right-handed thread into a left-handed thread.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Is it the very end where the thread problem is? If so, just cut off that end and you should be fine. The thread rod is long enough that it shouldn't be a problem with a little bit trimmed off. You can also try to use a file to repair the thread if necessary.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:37 AM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
We could not install the toe adjustment bars that came with the kit due to poor quality of threads, the bar would not screw onto the mount properly. So instead, we just left the stock toe bar in and replaced only the camber bar. We would guess this is ok since this car has stock toe adjustment. But does anyone know if this is in someway bad for the car or handling or etc just replacing only the camber bar of the ingalls rear camber kit? anyone with this sort of experience, please reply, need feedbacks to feel safe.
I don't think you will have enough adjustment to dial out the negative camber if you still have the stock toe arms. You need both arms on each side in order for you to dial out negative camber.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by LannyM
sadly I spent a couple hours figuring this out for myself when I installed mine. you think the instructions could at least throw you a bone
Old 09-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xizor
sadly I spent a couple hours figuring this out for myself when I installed mine. you think the instructions could at least throw you a bone
LOL. I spent about 30 minutes then packed them back up ready to be returned. Then it dawned on me that the ends would have to be threaded in opposite directions so turning the adjustment nut one way would pull the links together and vice-versa.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
LOL. I spent about 30 minutes then packed them back up ready to be returned. Then it dawned on me that the ends would have to be threaded in opposite directions so turning the adjustment nut one way would pull the links together and vice-versa.
..... -_- ...... i know about the reversed threading. what im saying is the threads are really bad, half way into the pipe, it starts getting hard to twist the end into the pipe and it only does this for just one part of the whole set.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:15 AM
Hondaholic

..... -_- ...... i know about the reversed threading. what im saying is the threads are really bad, half way into the pipe, it starts getting hard to twist the end into the pipe and it only does this for just one part of the whole set.
That being the case, have you called Ingalls directly? They are truly a great company to work with; I'm sure they would get a part right out to you.

You're going to need an alignment soon; it would be a shame to pay for one only to find that you can't dial it in correctly the way it sits now and have to go do it again......
Old 09-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Luke 1:37

I was so close to calling up the vendor and getting it exchanged, but then I took a clearer look at the instructions and realized I was being a dumass.

The install should be straight forward.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by virtualbong

I was so close to calling up the vendor and getting it exchanged, but then I took a clearer look at the instructions and realized I was being a dumass.

The install should be straight forward.
omg, this forum is full of people who can not read what i write....
I repeat, i understand the reverse threading, that is NOT the problem...
so please STOP talking about the reverse threading
Old 09-28-2005, 08:59 PM

omg, this forum is full of people who can not read what i write....
I repeat, i understand the reverse threading, that is NOT the problem...
I did read your numerous posts, I was just commenting that I had the same experience. How about you just stop wasting time and send it back if that's the conclusion you've made and post again when you've figured things out.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Banned

oh in that case, thank you, i thought you were commenting about the thread again like everyone else was
Old 09-29-2005, 04:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Why are you quoting me? Clearly my message was not directed to you. We all know you figured out the reverse threading already. Here's a hint - just b/c you started the thread doesn't mean EVERY single message in it is directed to you.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Banned

Why are you quoting me? Clearly my message was not directed to you. We all know you figured out the reverse threading already. Here's a hint - just b/c you started the thread doesn't mean EVERY single message in it is directed to you.
then why dont you start your own thread about reverse threading.....
Old 09-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

omg, this forum is full of people who can not read what i write....I repeat, i understand the reverse threading, that is NOT the problem...

then why dont you start your own thread about reverse threading.....
Why so rude man? I am sure everyone is very eager to help you now...
Old 09-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Banned

im not being rude.... you guys went off into your own lil world about reverse threading when it wasn't even mentioned. It's just weird? but im very amused to hear so many of you people on this forum spent many hours figuring how to screw in something, thank you.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

im not being rude.... you guys went off into your own lil world about reverse threading when it wasn't even mentioned. It's just weird? but im very amused to hear so many of you people on this forum spent many hours figuring how to screw in something, thank you.
Sure your not. We mentioned it because we have the Ingalls Camber Kit and experienced that problem. It happens more than you think because sometimes the end pieces get mixed up in shipping. Since each end has different thread patterns, it fools alot of people into thinking the threading is messed up. Weird or not, we were just trying to help a member. I am glad you are amused because I am very amused by your attitude...
Old 09-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Well, since you started a thread regarding Ingall camber kit installation problem, other members who have done the installation are simply offering some possible solution that might help with the situation. You made it sound like people are talking about something so obvious and elementary. But the thing is, the most difficult problems are caused by the simplest thing that we sometimes overlooked.

I remember not too long ago another member was having problems with his suspension installation. Everyone was trying to help out and offering advices including pictures of where to troubleshoot the problem. The original poster insisted that he did everything right and was following the instruction. Guess what? He didn't, and his suspension almost went through the hood. He later found the "extra" parts that he didn't install when it was so "obviously" mentioned to him.

We are here to help but not all information provided will solve every problem. However, there might be someone else reading this that have the answer but you might never find out if you keep rejecting people's offer to help.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by JTso
Well, since you started a thread regarding Ingall camber kit installation problem, other members who have done the installation are simply offering some possible solution that might help with the situation. You made it sound like people are talking about something so obvious and elementary. But the thing is, the most difficult problems are caused by the simplest thing that we sometimes overlooked.

I remember not too long ago another member was having problems with his suspension installation. Everyone was trying to help out and offering advices including pictures of where to troubleshoot the problem. The original poster insisted that he did everything right and was following the instruction. Guess what? He didn't, and his suspension almost went through the hood. He later found the "extra" parts that he didn't install when it was so "obviously" mentioned to him.

We are here to help but not all information provided will solve every problem. However, there might be someone else reading this that have the answer but you might never find out if you keep rejecting people's offer to help.

Don't worry man, I say just send it back and hopefully they can get you a replacement set soon so that you don't have to run with the camber off for a long time. Let us know how it goes
Old 09-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Banned

my attitude? lol

here how about this, next time your boss at work asks you a specific question...
you can start talking about something different and see if your boss likes you

good luck guys
Old 09-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

my attitude? lol

here how about this, next time your boss at work asks you a specific question...

good luck guys
:shakehead

It was relevant, but at this point I don't expect you to understand.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

my attitude? lol

good luck guys
I see a God complex Unless you're paying for answer to your questions, live with it
Old 09-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CJams
Ever thought of rethreading it?
I guess not? Since you didn't answer.

hmmmm.......Simply rethread it or......Put it in a package, go to the post office, pay to send it out, wait weeks for it to return, get it, hope they fixed the problem, install it on your car.

I say have it rethreaded in like 5 minutes and call it a day!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

hmmmm.......Simply rethread it or......Put it in a package, go to the post office, pay to send it out, wait weeks for it to return, get it, hope they fixed the problem, install it on your car.

The "Force" is weak with this one.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

I did have slight problem with the threads on one link, but a little filing took care of it.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator

my attitude? lol

good luck guys
Well, the difference is this is a "discussion forum". Not a "paid helpdesk". Some good information do come out from open discussions, and often the solution to a problem. The information provided might not be useful to you, but it might help others who are viewing the thread.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Automobile Aficionado

or maybe........

you guys were all right about the reverse threading issue and he now doesnt want ot admit he git it mixed up . Some people dont like tovadmit they were wrong
Old 12-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Got Milk???

these advices from different members of the forum really help, i'll be installing my Ingalls this weekend, wish me luck
Old 12-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kaikai114
these advices from different members of the forum really help, i'll be installing my Ingalls this weekend, wish me luck
Ping me on AIM or MSN if you hit any snags.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:18 AM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by moda_way
Ping me on AIM or MSN if you hit any snags.

what's your msn and aim screen name?
Old 12-24-2005, 07:40 AM

Should be a simple install Kai. If you do get in a snag, just post on this thread and I'm sure someone will respond quickly.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Suzuka Master

what's your msn and aim screen name?
It is in my profile..... but

AIM = xmodawayx
MSN = moda_way@hotmail.com
Old 12-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by moda_way
It is in my profile..... but

AIM = xmodawayx
MSN = moda_way@hotmail.com

oops, mah bad LOL got you added to my list!