Height adjustment problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005 | 02:23 AM
Advanced

Height adjustment problem!!!

I lowered my car by using the Eibach springs last month with stock shocks, of course i found that my ride is much stiffer than before. Now I decided to purchase a set of aftermarket shocks to combine with my Eibach!

Here is my question, will my ride becomes a little lower than with (Koni or Eibach system) before i just lowered by Eibach springs. If the answer is "NO", what other choices I can go for(except coilover)?

Thanks for any responses!
Old 06-01-2005 | 02:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Koni shocks are height adjustable. Get the Neuspeed Koni shock and you will have 5 settings. The middle height will set your ride height the same as your Eibach springs + stock shock set up. From there, you can raise or lower your car another 1/2" (in 1/4" increments).

If you go with the Eibach Pro-System dampers, your height should remain the same.
Old 06-01-2005 | 03:14 AM
Banned

Alter put it best, although I suggest if you have the dough, going with TIEN coilovers or any other new set...
Old 06-01-2005 | 01:15 PM
Got Milk???

Tein Basics to start with
Old 06-01-2005 | 02:27 PM
Advanced

Does anyone know about "Tokico" or "Takico" shocks?

any adjustment (height or damper) with that?
Old 06-01-2005 | 03:37 PM
Racer

koni sport shocks (yellows) are NOT height adjustable. I have those koni shocks with my prokit and it is just a tad lower than with stock shocks. I dont feel its too low though, perfect drop for me.
Old 06-01-2005 | 03:50 PM
Senior Moderator

The Koni yellows are height adjustable via the spring perch. However, the adjustment are fix steps instead of fine adjustments found on coilover setups.
Old 06-01-2005 | 09:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Triz08
koni sport shocks (yellows) are not height adjustable, so please dont tell people they are. I have those koni shocks with my prokit and it is just a tad lower than with stock shocks. I dont feel its too low though, perfect drop for me.
Take a look at your Koni instructions. You will see there is limited height adjustability. There are 3 spring perch positions. The Neuspeed version of the Koni sports have even more adjustments. Here's a picture clearly shows the 5 height adjustments:

In addition to these height adjustments, Koni also sells a threaded collar that locks onto the spring perch C-clip which allows for a wider range of height adjustability in finer increments.

Please don't mouth off unless you know what you are talking about.
Old 06-01-2005 | 10:47 PM
Advanced

Can anybody tell me how much would be a set of Neuspeed Koni?
Old 06-01-2005 | 11:54 PM
Burning Brakes

They're pretty expensive at about $550 for a set. You can get them through ebay from a seller by the name of asw88. He provides very good and fast service. I received my shocks in less than 24 hrs after bidding.

Alternatively, you can wait for the Eibach Pro dampers which will be much cheaper - probably in the neighborhood of $300 or less for a set. However, these are not height or damping adjustable. But, they should be well matched to your Eibach Pro-kit springs.
Old 06-02-2005 | 01:38 AM
Advanced

Thanks for your comment, AlterZgo!

i think i will go rather the Eibach pro system shocks or change over to coilover like Tein Basic.

If anyone would like to sell his coilover...please pm me anytime!

Thanks
Old 06-02-2005 | 09:31 AM
Guinea Pig

Sorry! My only suggestion is some tein coilovers. Then sell the springs!
Old 06-02-2005 | 02:52 PM
Hondaholic

I believe the ProDampers are now not expected to ship till August, and considering their track record (already missed two target dates), I wouldn't bet on them even then.

Unless you're really patient, I'd go Neuspeed Koni's or coilovers......
Old 06-02-2005 | 04:49 PM
Racer

Well in order to adjust the height, what would i have to do? Take the spring/shock assembley apart and put the spring on the different perch setting? When i bought these at a custom shop and had them installed there, they didnt even mention anything about the adjustable height feature. I checked the Koni website also and it doesnt mention anything about the adjustable height, only the dampering.
Old 06-02-2005 | 04:52 PM
Racer

And heres the link for the perch that makes the koni strut a true height adjustable shock.
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/produ...48&vehicle=TSX
Old 06-02-2005 | 05:18 PM
Hondaholic

And heres the link for the perch that makes the koni strut a true height adjustable shock.
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/produ...48&vehicle=TSX
Right, but still a fairly limited range. That Circlip in the pic is the same one that mounts your lower perch now......

With the Koni Yellows, I believe you get a 3 grooves in the front - the middle is stock height, and 1 groove is 1/2" below stock and the other is 1/2" above stock. The rear has two grooves- stock height and one 1/2" below.

With the Neuspeed Koni's pictured above you get the 5 grooves in 1/4" increments with the middle being stock height. So you can't lower it any further than the standard Yellows, but there's more choices.

What's really nice about the Neuspeed version is the shorter strut rod, allowing less chance of bottoming the strut with shorter springs.....
Old 06-02-2005 | 07:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Well in order to adjust the height, what would i have to do? Take the spring/shock assembley apart and put the spring on the different perch setting? When i bought these at a custom shop and had them installed there, they didnt even mention anything about the adjustable height feature. I checked the Koni website also and it doesnt mention anything about the adjustable height, only the dampering.
You don't need to completely disassemble the spring/shock assembly. You just need to compress the spring enough to lift the spring perch off the c-clip and then move the c-clip up or down a notch.

JTso says that this can be accomplished while still on the car. However, my spring compressor wouldn't fit with the suspension assembly installed in the car so I had to remove it from the car. I didn't take the spring/shock combo apart though. I just compressed the spring w/ my spring compressor and made the adjustment.

If you still have the instructions that came w/ your Koni shocks, read it and you will see that it mentions height adjustment. Your installer probably didn't know or just didn't tell you.