H&R OE sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R OE sport springs

I was thinking of getting the A-spec suspension but I was also thinking about the H&R OE sport springs. The H&Rs drop the car about .75 inches but I can not find any info on the spring rate. Does anyone have these? I was going to put them on stock shocks.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Intermediate

I have been running the a-specs on my '08 AT for about three months now. IMO the a-spec kit is not worth the money as the shocks are no match for the lowered springs. The car bottoms out a lot and gets way too bouncy.. and it gets much worse with more than 1 person in the car. If you call H&R they'll tell you that the sport and OE sport springs are 5-10% higher rate than stock. The fronts are linear rate and the rears are progressive. If you check the spring rate thread there is onfo about the stock springs rates. The OE sports should work just fine with the stock shocks, although they would perform better with some upgraded shocks likie the Tokico HP. If you got the Tokico HP's and H&R sports or OE sports you'd have a better performing package than the a-specs and save yourself at least $200.

Blair
Old 04-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blair
I have been running the a-specs on my '08 AT for about three months now. IMO the a-spec kit is not worth the money as the shocks are no match for the lowered springs. The car bottoms out a lot and gets way too bouncy.. and it gets much worse with more than 1 person in the car. If you call H&R they'll tell you that the sport and OE sport springs are 5-10% higher rate than stock. The fronts are linear rate and the rears are progressive. If you check the spring rate thread there is onfo about the stock springs rates. The OE sports should work just fine with the stock shocks, although they would perform better with some upgraded shocks likie the Tokico HP. If you got the Tokico HP's and H&R sports or OE sports you'd have a better performing package than the a-specs and save yourself at least $200.

Blair
I used to have Tokico HPs and eibach prokit on my old car. The tokico blew so I replaced them with KYB adjustables and they squeaked. I was considering the A specs since they came with top hats already installed. I think they should be of better quality but you are saying you are not happy with them. I have no idea now what to get. I figured I would only put factory parts in this car since all my cars in the past were modified with aftermarket suspensions and the reliabilty sucks on them.

Oh well. I should just keep it stock I guess.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Intermediate

I rode in a car recently with HTechs and Konis and the ride was very good. Better than the Aspecs with about the same lowering. That is what I plan on upgrading to as soon as $$$ permits.

Blair
Old 04-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Advanced

I had seen an 07 TSX with an a-spec suspension kit. I was not impressed in the least. the front was fine but the rear was way lower. IMO it looked like it had a box in the trunk - not to mention, the camber was way negative in the rear.

That said, what about H&R OE Sport springs + stock dampers???

Also with an OE Sport drop, would a camber kit be required? If so, who makes good camber kits for TSX???
Old 04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sane
I had seen an 07 TSX with an a-spec suspension kit. I was not impressed in the least. the front was fine but the rear was way lower. IMO it looked like it had a box in the trunk - not to mention, the camber was way negative in the rear.

That said, what about H&R OE Sport springs + stock dampers???

Also with an OE Sport drop, would a camber kit be required? If so, who makes good camber kits for TSX???

OE sports and stock dampers is what I am curious about. Anyone have this setup?
Old 04-28-2008, 06:40 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I have HTech's with stock shocks. It's bouncy at certain speeds. I would discourage you from getting just springs. I am planning to get Koni's when I have the $. I had them on my RSX and was able to adjust them to work with the comptech sport springs. With the TSX I was looking to lower it a little and avoid messing with rear cambre kits. I like the HTech's because they lower the front more than the rear. Now the front and rear wheel gaps look similar and the gaps are about even around the wheel wells. If you want until you can do dampers and springs together you'll be much happier and pay for or perform on install instead of two!

Then again, if you are looking for minimal lowering you should be able to use your stock springs and go down 20mm with the Koni's....
Old 04-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by feuss2
I have HTech's with stock shocks. It's bouncy at certain speeds. I would discourage you from getting just springs. I am planning to get Koni's when I have the $. I had them on my RSX and was able to adjust them to work with the comptech sport springs. With the TSX I was looking to lower it a little and avoid messing with rear cambre kits. I like the HTech's because they lower the front more than the rear. Now the front and rear wheel gaps look similar and the gaps are about even around the wheel wells. If you want until you can do dampers and springs together you'll be much happier and pay for or perform on install instead of two!

Then again, if you are looking for minimal lowering you should be able to use your stock springs and go down 20mm with the Koni's....

Thanks for the input! 20mm is about .75 inch. I will look into that. I do feel that the stock shocks are a little underdamped. I forgot that the Koni shocks lower a bit. Is there a place where I can order for the best price?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Intermediate

The best place to get the Koni's is Neuspeed. They are like $612 with free shipping, plus you get more adjustability in terms of ride height than the regular Koni's.

Blair
Old 04-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Advanced

lower your car with SHOCKS and not SPRINGS?!

rly?

am i reading this right? throw on koni's or neuspeed shocks and it'll lower your car 20mm (.75")????? with stock springs?!

anyone do this ferreal???

if so i'd rather go this route - at least you don't accelerate the wear on your stock shocks prematurely. AND you don't compromise ride quality. and u can always throw the stock setup on later if you sell the car.

someone confirm this please!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:48 PM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had A-Spec for a year and it's definitely a waste of money. The ride was overly harsh for the minimal drop it provides (although it did handle well). Spend the money on some good coilovers. The ride's better and it looks way nicer.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
rly?

am i reading this right? throw on koni's or neuspeed shocks and it'll lower your car 20mm (.75")????? with stock springs?!

anyone do this ferreal???

if so i'd rather go this route - at least you don't accelerate the wear on your stock shocks prematurely. AND you don't compromise ride quality. and u can always throw the stock setup on later if you sell the car.

someone confirm this please!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Advanced

thx for the confirmation

for those looking for a mild drop, IMO this is an awesome way to go. as i'd found on neuspeed's site, they also claim that with their "sp3" version of the yellows, there is "more adjustability" than the koni offering.

so mild drop = neuspeed (or these koni) yellows + ingalls camber kit. if more of a drop is desired, than throw the H&R OE Sport springs in the mix!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Pro

thx for the confirmation

for those looking for a mild drop, IMO this is an awesome way to go. as i'd found on neuspeed's site, they also claim that with their "sp3" version of the yellows, there is "more adjustability" than the koni offering.

so mild drop = neuspeed (or these koni) yellows + ingalls camber kit. if more of a drop is desired, than throw the H&R OE Sport springs in the mix!
did Anybody do this and have pics that it actually worked
Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by CJ Majesty
did Anybody do this and have pics that it actually worked
Technically speaking it should absolutely work. The H&R OE Sport springs lower the car .75inches and if you match them with Koni shocks you can lower it an additional 20mm (.78inches) so that's a total drop of just over 1.5inches with a ride quality that is probably just a fraction stiffer than stock. Sounds like a good setup to me for a DD.