Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
espelir spring

anyone try/heard this brand before?

any comment?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:40 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Haven't tried them, but they're not an unknown brand, so you should have nothing to worry about.
Look quite nice in that dark blue colour, but they're fairly aggressive on the drop, IIRC.

*edit:

"After participating in the top levels of racing, including Japan GT Championship which is the top production car based racing series, 24 hours of Le Mans, Sebring, etc.... we have tested and studied to find the right combination of power for the real world!

EXHAUST

GT racing is fierce competition that draws great support everywhere from the race fans to car manufacturers. Japanese top race drivers dream to participate in this professional racing series. ESPELIR has been participating in this racing series as a racing team. We innovate new technologies in order to win, then, apply these innovations and techniques into our JGT 500 exhaust. We will take you to the top of your class with our products.

We have succeeded in keeping the sound to a minimum, but have also retained a low, deep powerful signature sound. By controlling the exhaust flow, we have kept the internal exhaust resistance to a minimum which increases torque.

The exhaust system weight has been kept to a minimum and every application keeps a minimum ground clearance by utilizing a compact main muffler.

Our innovative exhaust silencer has a unique spring that eliminates sound vibration and potential damage to muffler internals.

The ESPELIR JGT 500 exhaust is a landmark composition in this industry. The best material - technology and performance learned from racing - real world results.

SUSPENSION

In accepting the challenge to develop superior suspension springs that meet governmental minimum ride height requirements while at the same time enhancing the need for road hugging good looks, ESPELIR proudly introduces LOW FORM.

LOW FORM continues the legacy of durability, refined road responsiveness, and superior technology that driving enthusiasts expect from the company that defines "Unrivaled Automotive Suspension Engineering."

Our advanced methods and experience with vehicle lowering enable us to keep a 90mm ground clearance. Our suspension give a comfortable and most importantly a stable ride.

Keep proper stroke during compression.
Less fatigue.
No loose spacing between the spring end and spring perch.
Our products utilize SAE9254 and new material SAE9254MHT (Vanadium mixed material) under strict quality control during all aspects of manufacturing - during heating of material, cooling, and winding to ensure proper stroke volume and spring lightness.

By combining high powered technology of manufacturing and real world testing on the street and track, we can produce the best suspension setting for each specific car make.

For surface coating methods, we use 3 steps of shot peening to ensure super durability of the spring. Of course, epoxy resin power coating is the finish of choice.

This spring is desirable for big sedans, medium sport sedans, sports cars, wagons, SUVs - all of them"
Old 04-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
my friend had them years ago when they started selling in US. he didn't liked it so he swapped for eibach pro
Old 04-20-2007, 11:12 AM
BU
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Espelir is a famous brand in spring (may not popular in US)

On other hand, if you are into JDM spring set
You may want to check out Swift, too
They are specialty in producing spring & stabilize bar

Swift Spring
Old 04-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Instructor

i believe theyre either made or distributed by Mackin industries
Old 04-20-2007, 05:24 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Distributed, unless you meant either is a subsidiary of the other?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:10 AM
BDI aka Booty Man

They are pretty popular amongst the S2K crowd.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Advanced

what if compare to Tanabe, Tein or H&R.

i found a used set of Espelir but i'm debating i should get H&R, Tein and Tanabe instead?

i understand it's all personal preference, my goal is to reduce the gap with factory handling and comfort.
i don't really run hard on the car so performance is not first prority this time(as long as it's not reduce the handling).