DBA or Brembo Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DBA or Brembo Rotors

Hi All,

I read lot of threads reg the after market rotors and decided to get either DBA ( most probably i will get these) or Brembo blanks ..

I have Hawk HPS Pads..

The other options i have considered are r1concepts , PowerStop Cryo and EBC..

The primary reason i am palnning to go for DBA is because of the reputation. ( also i would like to try thr slotted and drilled ones..)

Has any one of you have these rotors ??

Any inputs will be of great help..

Thanks a lot
Mars
Old 08-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Don't forget to look at Racingbrake. May favorite

I have a supplier that distributes DBA. They look to be a good high quality part. Not sure if they are carrying rear rotors yet which is something to consider if matching the rears is important to you.

Brembos are basically stock rotors. If you still have material left on your stock rotors, keep them in favor of going to brembo. You won't gain anything.

9/10 rotors are all the same with different machining and costing processes done to them. Look for a good high quality and engineered rotor like Racngbrake or DBA over the rest.

Marcus
Old 08-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My advice with DBA (I'm from Australia, where DBA is based), is to go for the slotted 4000 series. Skip the cross drilled as those are for street use only.

The difference between the street, 4000 and 5000 series is that the street are your OEM replacements, the 4000 gets heat treatment, kangaroo paw pattern vents and the temperature indicators. The 5000 gets all the features of the 4000, plus is a 2-piece design with an aluminium rotor hat.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Instructor

I have DBA4000 rotors both front and rear. Their quality seems excellent...no problems with them whatsoever.

I almost went with racingbrake because I like how they offered a 2-piece front rotor; I wish you could get the 2-piece DBA5000's for the TSX.

DBA4000:

Old 08-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Instructor

Also for the rears I think I had to do a bit of research. If I remember correctly, DBA doesn't offer rear rotors for the TSX per se, but they do for both the Euro-R and the USDM 03+ Accord. The part numbers were the same for the Accord and Euro-R rears, and since all these cars have the same rear brakes as the TSX anyway, I assumed the USDM accord rear rotors would fit and they did (same diamater and thickness, etc.)
Old 08-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by jeffbatt
Also for the rears I think I had to do a bit of research. If I remember correctly, DBA doesn't offer rear rotors for the TSX per se, but they do for both the Euro-R and the USDM 03+ Accord. The part numbers were the same for the Accord and Euro-R rears, and since all these cars have the same rear brakes as the TSX anyway, I assumed the USDM accord rear rotors would fit and they did (same diamater and thickness, etc.)
The DBA part number for the rear rotor for the TSX is 2511. You can get it only in the street model in blank, slotted or cross-drilled.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your inputs..I have got the HAWK HPS Brake pads and ordered the DBA 4000 Series (Slotted and Drilled) rotors.

Now i might need to get a mechanic to put these on.. As far as brake pads are concerned i guess i can do it my self but the rotors i am not sure..

Also they need the proper bedding..

I tried calling places like NTB and they said they won't do it if i bring the rotors and pads (i guess they want me to use their stock rotors or pads)..

Any idea how much a shop will charge for installing these ??

Really appreciate your suggestions..

Thanks
Mars
Old 09-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
The TSX rear rotor is the same as 03-07 Accord which DBA does list a product for. We'll be listing them on Heeltoeauto.com shortly.

Average prices for install should be around $100-150 per axle I am guessing. Of course I charge less than that to locals.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by mars
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your inputs..I have got the HAWK HPS Brake pads and ordered the DBA 4000 Series (Slotted and Drilled) rotors.

Now i might need to get a mechanic to put these on.. As far as brake pads are concerned i guess i can do it my self but the rotors i am not sure..

I tried calling places like NTB and they said they won't do it if i bring the rotors and pads (i guess they want me to use their stock rotors or pads)..

Thanks
Mars
If you can do the brake pads, you can do the rotors. The only additional tool you need is an impact screwdriver. To get the rotor off, you will need to undo the 2 bolts which hold the caliper to the knuckle, and then undo the set screw from the rotor using the impact screwdriver. Easy.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Hi all,

I am planning to install the Rotors myself and will post the pics once it is done..

My Front door actuator failed..It seems i need to install it as well..

Will post the pics once it is done..

Thanks
Mars
Old 09-17-2008, 12:39 PM
ridiculously good looking

what would you guys recommend for someone who wanted blank (standard) rotors? DBA or Brembo? RacingBrake doesnt seem to have any non-slotted rotors.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Was glad to find your post re DBA rotors.
Appreciate any update you can share pertaining to
mileage,warpage &/or cracks etc...
Thanks.

Originally Posted by mars
Hi All,

Thanks
Mars