Considering Kazera and Kosei Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 10:18 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering Kazera and Kosei Wheels

What do you think of either of these on an '04 Nighthawk Black TSX? I want to replace the stock wheels with something lighter and also give it a little look of customization without going overboard. I don't have a ton of money to spend on $500 or $1000 wheels.

I'm leaning toward the grey painted (pictured) but am also considering silver (not pictured, same color as the OEM wheels, basically).

Kazera KZ-T

Kosei K1 TS

They're both available at Tire Rack, giving me some confidence that they're good quality for the price. The Kazera is 17 lbs ($134), the Kosei 13.7 lbs ($199). The lighter gives me some concern about durability but in my driving I'm not particularly hard on wheels, mostly the same highway route everyday to work and that's about it. Feedback positive or negative?
Old 08-25-2006, 10:59 AM
無限 本田 CL9

im assuming you are keeping them at stock size (17") and if that is the case the light Kosei's will not have much durability problems; the 50 series tires will give them plenty of protection
Old 08-25-2006, 11:29 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Originally Posted by evo_to_tsx
im assuming you are keeping them at stock size (17") and if that is the case the light Kosei's will not have much durability problems; the 50 series tires will give them plenty of protection
I am keeping them stock (17x7) with Avon M550s.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Burning Brakes

are you planning on lowering your car after you get the rims?
Old 08-25-2006, 01:16 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Originally Posted by jerzpwr
are you planning on lowering your car after you get the rims?
i'm not planning on lowering the car at this point -- don't want to live with a lower ride height/clearance and also don't want to spend the $800+ for coilovers at this point. what do you think of the rims?
Old 08-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by peter_bigblock
i'm not planning on lowering the car at this point -- don't want to live with a lower ride height/clearance and also don't want to spend the $800+ for coilovers at this point. what do you think of the rims?
So why bother then?

Aftermarket rims + stock sup =
Old 08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Advanced

Sounds like he just wants lighter wheels and a change in the way the car looks.

In an ideal TSX world, he would probably get the wheels, get the car lowered and a lip/body kit, turbo, etc. -- but not everyone wants to spend all that money.

Just my thoughts (that's kinda my situation too).
I just got some aftermarket wheels/tires and I'd love to have my car lowered, but I don't want to spend all that money. I had to decide what I wanted to spend my money on since couldn't get everything that I wanted.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by occdoc
Sounds like he just wants lighter wheels and a change in the way the car looks.

In an ideal TSX world, he would probably get the wheels, get the car lowered and a lip/body kit, turbo, etc. -- but not everyone wants to spend all that money.

Just my thoughts (that's kinda my situation too).
I just got some aftermarket wheels/tires and I'd love to have my car lowered, but I don't want to spend all that money. I had to decide what I wanted to spend my money on since couldn't get everything that I wanted.
Oh I can understand why. I just think, and many others do, that you do yourself a disservice by putting on aftermarket rims and not adjusting for the wheel gap. Even though he's putting on the same size rims and tires as stock, for whatever reason, the gap looks worse and hurts, not helps, the look of the car overall.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Advanced

By the way, I forgot to mention that I like the Kazera's better.

But, if you get these wheels in 17 inches, they might look a little small because they have a bit of a lip.

But if you don't mind/care, then I think they would like nice.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Koseis for me. They aren't the best looking and may look small, but at 13.7 lbs, you are bound to feel a performance difference on all fronts - accel, braking, handling, etc. Thats about a 40-45% difference in wheel weight from stock. it'll be like have a lighted flywheel.

They may not be blingy (and to some that's important), but Im sure the performance difference will be tangible.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:11 PM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by joerockt
Oh I can understand why. I just think, and many others do, that you do yourself a disservice by putting on aftermarket rims and not adjusting for the wheel gap. Even though he's putting on the same size rims and tires as stock, for whatever reason, the gap looks worse and hurts, not helps, the look of the car overall.
Sorry for the derail, but you're still running 18x8" G-games, right?

Did you notice any acceleration or braking difference? I would think the larger diameter of the wheel negated any weight reduction.

I hear what you're saying in regard to 17's + being non slammed. Even with my Aspec suspension (which is pretty much stock height), it's surely going to look funny due to the offset and rounded spokes of the Kosei's. If I go with 17", I'll surely go after a style where the spoke extends to the rim ala Ultraleggeras & Kruezers, etc.

btw - a member is running the Kosei's on a blue TSX in the wheel gallery. I think he/she is running the aspec suspension.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:45 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Thanks, guys, for the opinions on the wheels (and, of course, the standard AcuraZine unsolicited but good-natured advice). I may or may not eventually lower the car, depends on whether I feel like I've got $800 and a major project burning a hole in me.

For now, I'm interested in setting myself apart a bit visually and improving the performance of the car at the same time. Wheel gaps don't bother me, if I lowered it at all it'd be with springs (a la Modaway's Comptech springs) -- I just don't feel like getting into camber kits and all that.

I'm leaning heavily toward the Koseis, in silver.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Professional Newbie

yeah back when i was getting rims a few people told me that the Kazeras would end up getting warped by Boston roads so I went with the RonJons...I'd stay away from Kazeras if you have bad roads where you live
Old 08-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Sorry for the derail, but you're still running 18x8" G-games, right?

Did you notice any acceleration or braking difference? I would think the larger diameter of the wheel negated any weight reduction.
Yup, but their 18x7.5's. The better tires definatly helped with braking. Its been almost 2 years since I put them on, so its hard to remember how things were when stock...