Mustang Sally

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 09:23 AM
> 100K Mile Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Mustang Sally

So I am on my way home from work yesterday (I have about a 100 mile round trip commute to work each weekday - don't hate me!) and I come up behind a new Mustang. It's dark so I am not sure if it is a GT or not. Anyway, I notice that we are only doing about 55mph - which is the speed limit on this two-lane highway. There are a couple of passing opportunities coming up and I decide if he continues to drive the speed limit I will pass him. Well, he does continue at the speed limit but there are cars coming the other way so I cannot pass. Less than a mile down the road the highway goes to four lanes for about a quarter mile. You know what I am thinking...He chooses the left lane so I get over in the right lane and speed up to about 70. He speeds up as well, to about 72. I get to about 75 and he is still beside me and I now have less than 100 yards to slow down and get behind him or get around him. So I bury the gas pedal. I shot up to over 90 in a hurry. Check the side view mirror and he is at least 3-4 car lengths back and I had plenty of time to get over before the road went back to two lanes.

I laughed my butt off the rest of the way home. Could he have buried me in the pavement? Sure. But sometimes racing is the most fun when you prove you have the biggest balls. Just thought I would share my story...
Old 01-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts