Yet another ac problem

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another ac problem

Iv got a 07 that the ac doesn't work on. when you turn the ac on the fans blow hot, the compressor clutch does not engage and the aux fan does not turn on. i have checked all fuses and they are fine. i checked the compressor relay and it was fine. i then bypassed the relay with a jumper and the compressor turned on. i tested the coil contacts of the relay in the box and they were not getting energized so the ecu is not telling it to turn on. i put the relay back in and jumpered the pressure switch and still the compressor still did not turn on. what else can be stopping it from turning on?
Old Today, 06:34 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update, I found a wiring diagram and found the thermal switch that is inline with the pressure switch. I jumpered that and still nothing, I then jumpered the pressure switch as well and the aux fan kicked on so it looks like I found the problems. I'm going to replace the thermal switch but now I would like to know if I can replace the pressure switch without having to drain the freon? I'm still not sure if it has enough freon(the high and low side does have pressure, I'm just not sure if it's enough).

Now my question is can I replace the pressure switch without draining the freon?