Wiper chatter TSB

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrow Wiper chatter TSB

Just want to let those with OEM wiper chatter issues know that there is a TSB out for the problem. The TSB number is 07015 and involves the replacement of the wiper assemblies. I just had mine replaced today and the wipers themselves look slimmer, and have two notches cut in (I assume to help distribute the pressure).

Rained today and they seem to work like butter with the same wiper inserts that would chatter immensely before the replacement. However, in all fairness, cannot judge the fix after a single use.

Hope this helps some of you

Last edited by dmikon; 04-01-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by dmikon
Just want to let those with OEM wiper chatter issues know that there is a TSB out for the problem. The TSB number is 07015 and involves the replacement of the wiper assemblies. I just had mine replaced today and the wipers themselves look slimmer, and have two notches cut in (I assume to help distribute the pressure).

Rained today and they seem to work like butter with the same wiper inserts that would chatter immensely before the replacement. However, in all fairness, cannot judge the fix after a single use.

Hope this helps some of you
Can you post a link to the TSB or a picture of the new assemblies (with notches)? I just had my wiper arms replaced for this problem last month, and I'd like to see if they put in the new assemblies you're referring to. I believe I just had the arms, not the assemblies replaced. Not sure.

Last edited by Jottle; 04-02-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Jottle
Can you post a link to the TSB or a picture of the new assemblies (with notches)? I just had my wiper arms replaced for this problem last month, and I'd like to see if they put in the new assemblies you're referring to. I believe I just had the arms, not the assemblies replaced. Not sure.
Here's a crappy (sorry) picture of my passenger side wiper. I circled one of the notches. You cannot see it very well, but the other notch is there too, on the other side of the wiper.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Is this TSB only for 06-08 TSX's?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Pro

This pisses me off so much. I didn't even need my wiper arms replaced. If the tech would have just looked up this tsb, I would have had new assemblies in no time. Even though my chattering has gone down (we'll see how long it lasts), I have to take my car back in to tell the techs how to do their jobs correctly by referring to a tsb that I don't even have access to, but know that it will solve the problem. Dealerships are the absolute worst. These assemblies only cost $19.00 each online. Do you all think that if I order new wiper assemblies, they'll come with the notches now? dmikon, did the dealership list the part numbers on your service invoice? If so, please post. And thanks for posting the pictures!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kaliraver69
Is this TSB only for 06-08 TSX's?
Not sure, but '06+ for sure since I have a 2006. The TSB originally came out in 2007 it seems, and has been updated very recently on March 19th of 2010. I would check with your dealership just to be sure.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Racer

This pisses me off so much. I didn't even need my wiper arms replaced. If the tech would have just looked up this tsb, I would have had new assemblies in no time. Even though my chattering has gone down (we'll see how long it lasts), I have to take my car back in to tell the techs how to do their jobs correctly by referring to a tsb that I don't even have access to, but know that it will solve the problem. Dealerships are the absolute worst. These assemblies only cost $19.00 each online. Do you all think that if I order new wiper assemblies, they'll come with the notches now? dmikon, did the dealership list the part numbers on your service invoice? If so, please post. And thanks for posting the pictures!
Sorry about your hassles, I know what you mean. I've had some multiple trips to the dealership myself, for other issues.

There is a number on my invoice: 76660SEC305 - Wiper Blade Set, I believe that's the part number. I would just go to the dealership and refer them to the TSB specifically. If you order the wipers yourself, you could get the old version.

These new ones are different period, it seems that the material is different, they're slimmer, and they have the notches. My neighbor coincidentally has a 2006 TSX as well, and I compared my new wipers to his and they're about 40% slimmer. I would imagine the size decrease was done to increase pressure due to the smaller area.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by dmikon
Sorry about your hassles, I know what you mean. I've had some multiple trips to the dealership myself, for other issues.

There is a number on my invoice: 76660SEC305 - Wiper Blade Set, I believe that's the part number. I would just go to the dealership and refer them to the TSB specifically. If you order the wipers yourself, you could get the old version.

These new ones are different period, it seems that the material is different, they're slimmer, and they have the notches. My neighbor coincidentally has a 2006 TSX as well, and I compared my new wipers to his and they're about 40% slimmer. I would imagine the size decrease was done to increase pressure due to the smaller area.
Thanks. I did a search online, but these part numbers don't show up anywhere. I'll try contacting the dealership. If I'm lucky, they'll let me install them myself. It's a 10 second job to replace wiper assemblies!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Pro

Anyone else have a line on how to order these wipers for cheap? I can go into the dealership to hassle them to order, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had the new wipers installed according to the tsb?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Out n about

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize these were known for quite some time (since 2007).
NHTSA Number 10021970 TSB number 07015
Bulletin date: 5/4/2007
Summary: Windshield wipers chatter when used

I still can't find the TSB (if anybody knows, lemme know).
Old 04-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Sojournin
Wow, I didn't realize these were known for quite some time (since 2007).
NHTSA Number 10021970 TSB number 07015
Bulletin date: 5/4/2007
Summary: Windshield wipers chatter when used

I still can't find the TSB (if anybody knows, lemme know).
Hona has blocked the public release of their TSB. Only honda/acura techs can get access to them Boo. I looked as well. I'm glad the OP posted this. There are TONS of threads about the 06+ wiper chatter. But this is the first I've seen mention of a TSB fix!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Pro

Found TSB thanks to Hoosier_Buddy here on the forum.

click here
Old 04-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Out n about

Smile

Found TSB thanks to Hoosier_Buddy here on the forum.

click here
Many thanks! I'll be going to my dealer tomorrow morning!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Pro

Many thanks! I'll be going to my dealer tomorrow morning!
Please let us know how it goes! I plan to do the same. More picture would be helpful. The new wiper part numbers are so new that no one online has them yet! The TSB was updated just last month, Marth 2010.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Out n about

Here's what happened: I brought by car to the dealership on Friday to get my oil change and to get the blade replaced as per the TSB. I gave the Service Advisor the TSB. When I got my car back, I noticed that the replacement part (76630-SEC-A11) looked just like the one they replaced....and it wasn't the same replacement part that was listed on the TSB (76660-SEC-305). Before leaving the dealership, I inquired my SA about why the part didn't look like what it said in the TSB (supposed to have two notches in it and looked different). He said that he asked his Parts person to look into it, and that the installed part "superseded" the TSB and that he couldn't find any part referred on the TSB. Since I didn't have the TSB on hand anymore (I gave it to SA earlier), I had forgotten that it was very recently dated (March, 2010), so I took his word for it. I have gone to this dealership for the past 2 1/2 years since moving to Fort Lauderadale and haven't had any problems. I want to give the SA the benefit-of-the-doubt but I came away not completely satisfied. I wondered whether a) the parts guy wasn't doing his job, b) the SA wasn't correct or that c) I wasn't correct.

Several questions come to mind:
a) Are TSBs "suggested" and therefore not covered under warranty? According the SA, I would have to pay for the replacement - which I did - $24. My car has 53K miles on it, I think my warranty expired already anyways.

b) What do you think of the scenario? If the TSB was so new, would the parts guy and SA NOT know about it/or that their computer systems had not been updated? (despite me bringing in the TSB).

Before I e-mail him back (and possibly make a stink ) I want to do due-diligence on my end and get my facts straight. Did anyone have any problems at their dealership?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Racer

Here's what happened: I brought by car to the dealership on Friday to get my oil change and to get the blade replaced as per the TSB. I gave the Service Advisor the TSB. When I got my car back, I noticed that the replacement part (76630-SEC-A11) looked just like the one they replaced....and it wasn't the same replacement part that was listed on the TSB (76660-SEC-305). Before leaving the dealership, I inquired my SA about why the part didn't look like what it said in the TSB (supposed to have two notches in it and looked different). He said that he asked his Parts person to look into it, and that the installed part "superseded" the TSB and that he couldn't find any part referred on the TSB. Since I didn't have the TSB on hand anymore (I gave it to SA earlier), I had forgotten that it was very recently dated (March, 2010), so I took his word for it. I have gone to this dealership for the past 2 1/2 years since moving to Fort Lauderadale and haven't had any problems. I want to give the SA the benefit-of-the-doubt but I came away not completely satisfied. I wondered whether a) the parts guy wasn't doing his job, b) the SA wasn't correct or that c) I wasn't correct.

Several questions come to mind:
a) Are TSBs "suggested" and therefore not covered under warranty? According the SA, I would have to pay for the replacement - which I did - $24. My car has 53K miles on it, I think my warranty expired already anyways.

b) What do you think of the scenario? If the TSB was so new, would the parts guy and SA NOT know about it/or that their computer systems had not been updated? (despite me bringing in the TSB).

Before I e-mail him back (and possibly make a stink ) I want to do due-diligence on my end and get my facts straight. Did anyone have any problems at their dealership?
1. TSBs are fixes for known problems, they are not free outside of warranty I believe. Recalls, on the other hand, are free even outside of warranty.

2. Your SA/parts guy are not doing their job. The TSB clearly outlines the part #. If they did not have it, they should have told you so, and should have ordered it. The TSB has been out since 2007, and has simply been updated in March of 2010. It makes no sense that another update would come out to this TSB, less than a month after it has been updated previously, with yet another part #, which looks like the original wiper. If the parts guy claims the ones you got 'superseded' the TSB, you should ask him to show you the TSB version he was referencing.

Also, I would imagine all dealerships get this information from a common database. It would be very inefficient if new TSBs would have to be uploaded to each and every dealer's own database.

In my case, I simply mentioned the TSB # to my dealer and they replaced the wipers with the new ones, no questions asked.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:23 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
When I took my car for service yesterday I mentioned the wiper chatter and the tsb to the service manager. He found it and told me they would fix it. Today he called me to tell me they had to order the correct wipers and they would be in tomorrow. Since I will not be able to get there for a few weeks they are keeping them on hold for me.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:50 AM
2nd Gear

Is this TSB also in Canada too?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:02 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
When I took my car for service yesterday I mentioned the wiper chatter and the tsb to the service manager. He found it and told me they would fix it. Today he called me to tell me they had to order the correct wipers and they would be in tomorrow. Since I will not be able to get there for a few weeks they are keeping them on hold for me.
UPDATE: The dealer replaced the wipers and they work great.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
I have the same problem with the wiper blades on my girl friend 07 TSX. We could not find any aftermarket passenger wiper that would actually fit properly without hitting the black trim around the window.

I have looked everywhere for the TSB and I cant find it anymore. Can someone please provide the pdf or link where I could find one. I appreciate it. Thank you
Old 12-21-2010, 06:46 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by mlody
I have the same problem with the wiper blades on my girl friend 07 TSX. We could not find any aftermarket passenger wiper that would actually fit properly without hitting the black trim around the window.

I have looked everywhere for the TSB and I cant find it anymore. Can someone please provide the pdf or link where I could find one. I appreciate it. Thank you
I told the dealer about the tsb. they then looked it up,found it and they installed the new ones. Had to order them
Old 12-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
I told the dealer about the tsb. they then looked it up,found it and they installed the new ones. Had to order them

Last night I went to my dealer, mentioned the TSB and they replaced the wiper blades/arms with completely different one. The wipers look great and defenitelly work better without any rattles, and the passenger side seems to even sit lower, thus less visible from inside

Thanks all for help
Old 12-29-2010, 03:52 PM
d0wN sHiFtInG

I guess i'm lucky and bought my car with the new wipers already..
Old 01-22-2011, 02:45 PM
it's a car-drive it

amazed how much better the replacement wipers are.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Out n about

amazed how much better the replacement wipers are.
Mine too! It's amazing how something as small as this could be so annoying, but a great fix nonetheless.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:40 PM
10th Gear

sorry to bring this back up but does part number 76660-SEC-305 contain both wipers since it says "Set"? or only 1 of two sides? if so im guessing just drivers side?

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine...0-SEC-305.html
Old 07-23-2013, 03:11 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by blackcivic11
sorry to bring this back up but does part number 76660-SEC-305 contain both wipers since it says "Set"? or only 1 of two sides? if so im guessing just drivers side?

Late response, but my guess is no, since there are different PN for the driver and passenger side. "Set" probably refers to the matching blade, and refill for that side.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by blackcivic11

Originally Posted by redpoint
Late response, but my guess is no, since there are different PN for the driver and passenger side. "Set" probably refers to the matching blade, and refill for that side.
I looked into getting the wipers myself and noticed PN 76660-SEC-305 does appear to be a full driver and passenger set, based on this post.
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/693812-post32.html

I'm in for a set from oemacuraparts.com

I'll post back here what I find out. Total cost including $15 shipping and a $10 glove box damper - $50
Old 07-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Instructor

PN 76660-SEC-305 DOES in fact have both wiper blades and inserts for driver and passenger sides. I picked the set up for $25, and they appear to contour to the windshield much better than the Silblades I thought I got a good deal on.

This is one of the few OEM parts that appear to be superior and have a reasonable price.

We're in our 3 months of nonstop sunshine in Oregon, so I can't comment on performance until late September.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
We've gone ahead and added this set to our site here:
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/product.php?productid=66728

Also for those with 04-05 TSXs, we have an upgrade for you to the 06-08 blades:
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tech-arti...-08-units.html