Wheel / Seat Juddger fixed unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 05:03 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel / Seat Juddger fixed unexpectedly

Recently picked up an '05 TSX and off the bat noticed the feeling of brake judder in the steering wheel. Not long after I noticed the same feeling again but when I wasn't braking.

The feeling of non-braking steering wheel judder would come and go at certain speeds - typically at 60-65mpg, 70-75mph and in the 80+ mph range. I assumed it was due to an alignment issues so I got all 4 wheels rebalanced and a 4 wheel alignment. Steering definitely tightened up after that but the feeling was still there. Then I chalked it up to an axle or unknown reason and figured I'd get to it eventually.

Fast forward a few months to this week and I think may have solved it.. albeit unexpectedly. Yesterday evening I decided to try out Seafoam hoping to get some better MPG (currently getting 19-22MPG in city). I put 2/3 in a nearly empty gas tank, filled it up with premium (as I always do) and then fed the other 1/3 into the vacuum tube when I got home. Woooweee, got some good smoke when I fed it in the vacuum tube.

Now it's only been a day, but so far the steering wheel judder at certain speeds seems to be almost totally gone! Does this make any sense? Could a dirty fuel system cause excessive engine vibrations leading to the steering wheel judder I experienced? This seems hard to believe but results are hard to argue with.. thoughts?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well after another day driving around it still seems the steering wheel/car vibration has been significantly reduced although still slightly there.

I'm beginning to think it may also be due to loose cv/axle as described here: https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-problems-fixes-128/shaking-vibration-only-when-accelerating-781497/

Although prior to the Seafoam I recall feeling the vibration at certain speeds while deceleration coasting as well as under acceleration.. which wouldn't point to axles, right?