what was that sound?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what was that sound?!

i was driving down a highway and wanted to test out my injen intake... i was going about 110mph and pushed my tsx to the limit.. as in red lining each gear... injen intake is very loud... so i cruise it fer a while and all of a sudden i head a real loud POP! i think it sounded like it was my intake.. im guessing all the air i was sucking in with the filter concaved the filter ... and popped out within a matter of time which made the POP! what do u think?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:44 AM
is glad to be back!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think that was dumb.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Intermediate

ok....
Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Racer

Lol
Old 04-24-2007, 01:24 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
I'm confused, are you saying that the filter popping off under your retard conditions made the popping sound, or you still don't know what made the popping sound???? Cause if it was the filter falling off then I'd say case closed. If you are running the injen as SRI, the filter isn't held on super well, infact getting the damn thing to stay on was the hardest part of the install so ellaborate on this sound.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Intermediate

seems to me that nobody likes to accually drive there car... and see what it can do... might as well get a corolla if you dont like speed and drink your coffee for all you mature people...
Old 04-24-2007, 03:44 AM
Instructor

the filter can't concave, its held together by a wiring net which is really tight. it'd double check, it might be that thing that attaches to the stop of the filter, which comes loose all the time on some TSXs.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by on3_mike
seems to me that nobody likes to accually drive there car... and see what it can do... might as well get a corolla if you dont like speed and drink your coffee for all you mature people...
Plenty of us like to push our cars to the limit. We're just smart enough and adult enough to realize that doing it on public streets is DUMB. Don't act like a fucking douche when you're driving on public roads.

EDIT: Oh, and in case you're not familiar with what can happen, check out https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37410
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,750 Likes on 2,534 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Plenty of us like to push our cars to the limit. We're just smart enough and adult enough to realize that doing it on public streets is DUMB. Don't act like a fucking douche when you're driving on public roads.

EDIT: Oh, and in case you're not familiar with what can happen, check out https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37410
I will leave it at that and not add anymore or it might get ugly.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The rest of us have age and maturity on our side and the knowledge that numb nuts who like to speed on public roads usually end up killing our sons and daughters for no other reason than being an assbag and fucktard.

Don't expect to get much honest feedback about a problem you're experiencing at 110 mph b/c we honestly could give a shyt less.

Now, ask us a question without the situation being around a clearly illegal act and you'll get the respect and honesty this site has to offer.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:15 AM
East Coast Crew

It might be your VTEC kicking in.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Instructor

If you hear a pop between 101 and 105mph, it's low vtec fluid. Go top it off and it should be fine. Don't use regular vtec fluid, make sure to top it off with the ivtec fluid, otherwise you might die..........
Old 04-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by tsxnation
If you hear a pop between 101 and 105mph, it's low vtec fluid. Go top it off and it should be fine. Don't use regular vtec fluid, make sure to top it off with the ivtec fluid, otherwise you might die..........
You forgot about the synthetic blinker fluid too...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Suzuka Master

You forgot about the synthetic blinker fluid too...
Rotate your brake bulbs two. Might get too much wear on one side if you leave them on too long and your camber is off.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Children.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:45 AM
is glad to be back!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

amen. this man speaks the truth!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 AM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

yeah I think your vtec is broken like another guy who posted
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ht=vtec+broken
Old 04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
It would be the rubber coupler popping off from the air inlet hose. It seems to happen to all Injen intakes.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JTso
It would be the rubber coupler popping off from the air inlet hose. It seems to happen to all Injen intakes.

Always the one with the correct answer.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Instructor

well i understand enjoying yourself on public roads. my car isnt a track car, if i wanted to have fun on a fucking track id take my moms cayman s to road atlanta instead of looking like a douche in a car with a 7 sec 0-60 on a race course. if youre doing shit to your tsx you should enjoy it once in a while! its not about being smart or adult because i know plenty of adults that are extremely smart who are fucking lunatics in their cars. hypothetically youre telling me a 40 year old princeton grad going 100 in his car is both stupid and immature? i dont disagree eratic driving is dangerous for yourself and those around you and it should not be done regularly or in the vacinity of other people, but i promise you, the way one drives their car has nothing to do with intelligence or maturity. who gives a shit about the legality of the situation? moda_way... anyone with true maturity and age on their side would present a better arguement than that of being a "assbag" or "fucktard" or a douche on the road. driving is dangerous no matter what the speed. now i believe the man deeserves some amount of the hospitality this group can deliver and save your personal views on the circumstances of his situation to yourself. with all that said...

i also have an injen intake and i push my tsx to the limit on occassion. ive never had mine pop at all even in redline (7000-7300 rpm) conditions. i suggest checking your connections (tubes, bolts, filter, etc.) and look for anything out of the ordinary.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
I should say it "could" be the rubber coupler. Another possibility is someone taking a shot at you.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JakeD
well i understand enjoying yourself on public roads. my car isnt a track car, if i wanted to have fun on a fucking track id take my moms cayman s to road atlanta instead of looking like a douche in a car with a 7 sec 0-60 on a race course. if youre doing shit to your tsx you should enjoy it once in a while! its not about being smart or adult because i know plenty of adults that are extremely smart who are fucking lunatics in their cars. hypothetically youre telling me a 40 year old princeton grad going 100 in his car is both stupid and immature? i dont disagree eratic driving is dangerous for yourself and those around you and it should not be done regularly or in the vacinity of other people, but i promise you, the way one drives their car has nothing to do with intelligence or maturity. who gives a shit about the legality of the situation? moda_way... anyone with true maturity and age on their side would present a better arguement than that of being a "assbag" or "fucktard" or a douche on the road. driving is dangerous no matter what the speed. now i believe the man deeserves some amount of the hospitality this group can deliver and save your personal views on the circumstances of his situation to yourself. with all that said...

i also have an injen intake and i push my tsx to the limit on occassion. ive never had mine pop at all even in redline (7000-7300 rpm) conditions. i suggest checking your connections (tubes, bolts, filter, etc.) and look for anything out of the ordinary.
Another example of a child that thinks experence has nothing do with driving skills.

Jake, take a look at the following fairly recent threads and see if you can spot the pattern:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=totaled
Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Team Owner

You've got to be fucking kidding me...

Do you have any clue how many people I have seen who have fucked themselves on public roads because they were doing something stupid like going too fast for the conditions (not just weather conditions either, mind you)?

And think about this...a 40 year old princeton grad driving at 100 mph on a public road is no more mature or intelligent behind the wheel than a 17 year old high school student who's parents buy him shit and lend him their Porsche. Age does not ensure maturity and a pricey Ivy league degree does not ensure common sense. Do not mistake our words when we say that people who go blasting down public roads at double the posted speed limit are both foolish and ignorant. Foolish for thinking that nothing will happen to them. Ignorant for believing that he lives in a country where people around him will actually pay enough fucking attention to get the hell out of the way.

You're young, so maybe after you experience a couple of crashes due to your own inexperience and sense of invincibility, you will understand why those of us with real track experience will continue to advocate that the only place high speed driving should happen is on a closed course under the supervision of professionals.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Instructor

i dont think that experience has nothing to do with it. its a given that the more time one invests into their driving the more experienced they become. ive gotten in a car accident racing in wet conditions. it was stupid and a direct result of my age (yes i admitted to it). however that doesn't mean im not a good driver, i simply made a poor decision. i was only advocating the mans right to get an honest response instead of demeaning remarks about the speed he was traveling.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
I think stupid driving has to do with pubecent testosterone levels lol, I am sure when we were teens (me not that long ago at 22) did some stupid things. But it as our job as "adults" and I use the term lightly haha to encourage young people, aka teens, to drive in control and follow the laws.

Because honestly; I could care less if some 17 year old drives his car into a poll at 100 mph and dies, you all know better, you've all seen the outcome so you get what you deserve. BUT, the catch is, I don't want some 17 year old plowing into me at 100 mph with my baby in the back seat. Nothing is more infuriating than an idiot at 17 or 100 years old plowing their way down the freeway driving like a lunatic because all I can see is them hitting me and painting the road with my families brains.

What thanks does that show your parents who bought you you're 30,000 dollar rolling sheet metal? Gee mom and dad thanks for the cool car, but I used it to kill myself and other people. Because alot of the time idiots crash their cars into innocent people who are just trying to get home because they think that they are the ultimate driver and need to show off their new wheels.

So next time you want to be a fucktard (moda couldn't have put it better) think about the people you could kill on your joy ride, or just do us a favor and veer into the nearest patch of trees.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I think most of the younger drivers on this board are retarded IMO. No offense.

My car hasn't seen over 80 MPH yet. Doesn't mean I shouldn't buy the car or go sell it for a "Corolla." It means I don't drive like an asshat on public roads.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,750 Likes on 2,534 Posts
Originally Posted by EuRTSX
Old 04-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
i dont think that experience has nothing to do with it. its a given that the more time one invests into their driving the more experienced they become. ive gotten in a car accident racing in wet conditions. it was stupid and a direct result of my age (yes i admitted to it). however that doesn't mean im not a good driver, i simply made a poor decision. i was only advocating the mans right to get an honest response instead of demeaning remarks about the speed he was traveling.

wander how much experience you gained from a year or two of driving. must be driving like 100,000 miles a year.

what you said is very typical for most teenagers. experience.. skill..
advices are given by older people who have gone through those stages. be wise
Old 04-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by clee109
So next time you want to be a fucktard (moda couldn't have put it better) think about the people you could kill on your joy ride, or just do us a favor and veer into the nearest patch of trees.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:35 PM
East Coast Crew

Originally Posted by EuRTSX

My car hasn't seen over 80 MPH yet. Doesn't mean I shouldn't buy the car or go sell it for a "Corolla." It means I don't drive like an asshat on public roads.
Not even 80?! Are you driving all local? On the NJ turnpike, I drive 80 and cars still cut me off =(
Old 04-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by visuelz
Not even 80?! Are you driving all local? On the NJ turnpike, I drive 80 and cars still cut me off =(

Local and Highway.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by visuelz
Are you such a lemming that if the entire freeway is driving off a cliff, you would follow?

Just because everyone around you is acting like a moron doesn't mean you should act like one too.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
experience does not equal good judgment. How much driving experience could one possibly have at the age of 17, or 22. And, even if you have 1million miles under your belt, if you're driving 110 mph on public roads then you are not exercising good judgment. And you will hear about it from us.

Now, onto the observation of the "pop". If you are redlining your engine, the airflow is the same whether you are in 2nd gear or in 4th gear. So if you want to see if you air filter imploded due to your redline, just do it in 1st gear and stay at a safe speed.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
I am by no means a saint on the roads, but I don't do anything so blatantly retarded:

Some of you may have seen this thread from a few days ago. This dude is a true fucktard asshat.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...11&postcount=1

Y'all may remember this kid as the one who thought an Audi TT vert would be better for him than his TSX because a nicer car would make him want to drive smarter

I just hope that I'm never in the path of people chasing others to complain that they ran a stop sign or going 110 on a highway to "actually drive their car"
Old 04-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Are we off topic or what? I motion we lock this thing and move on...lol

- Drive safely all.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by moda_way
The rest of us have age and maturity on our side and the knowledge that numb nuts who like to speed on public roads usually end up killing our sons and daughters for no other reason than being an assbag and fucktard.

Don't expect to get much honest feedback about a problem you're experiencing at 110 mph b/c we honestly could give a shyt less.

Now, ask us a question without the situation being around a clearly illegal act and you'll get the respect and honesty this site has to offer.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:21 PM

and if you didn't notice, you're not driving a fucking STI. If you wanna hot dog it and be drag strip ready with your redlines go get a faster car as we stroll in our corollas..
Old 04-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
back on topic

Originally Posted by cor6bro
Are we off topic or what? I motion we lock this thing and move on...lol

- Drive safely all.
Good point. Lets focus on the "pop" the OP heard and what it could be/mean. More posts beating a dead horse about speeding will result in a lock.