VTEC Broken?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this thread is so ridiculous.

my vtec is broken too, everytime i am racing with my sTrEeT rAcInG kReW mY aZn FrIeNdS wItH tHeIr ciViC sI tYpE r'S aLl hAvE vTeC kIcK In aNd FiReBalLzz sPiT oUt Of tHe eXhAuSt bUt Not On mY tSx dOeS aNyOnE kNoW wHatS WrOnG?
also my navigation screen usually flashed VTEC in birght red on it when i turn the vtec on and it no longer does this, i also dont hear the blow off valve sound anymore when it shifts to the vtec gear, can anyone help me solve this problem?
i also installed a big type-r sticker on the back window of my car and the guy at the tint shop said it would add 15 hp at the wheels but havent noticed a big difference, about how many miles does it take to break in my type-r sticker? has anyone else done this mod?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ the thread REALLY became ridiculous with your post..
Old 02-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Mugen freak

Originally Posted by slfmade
this thread is so ridiculous.

my vtec is broken too, everytime i am racing with my sTrEeT rAcInG kReW mY aZn FrIeNdS wItH tHeIr ciViC sI tYpE r'S aLl hAvE vTeC kIcK In aNd FiReBalLzz sPiT oUt Of tHe eXhAuSt bUt Not On mY tSx dOeS aNyOnE kNoW wHatS WrOnG?
also my navigation screen usually flashed VTEC in birght red on it when i turn the vtec on and it no longer does this, i also dont hear the blow off valve sound anymore when it shifts to the vtec gear, can anyone help me solve this problem?
i also installed a big type-r sticker on the back window of my car and the guy at the tint shop said it would add 15 hp at the wheels but havent noticed a big difference, about how many miles does it take to break in my type-r sticker? has anyone else done this mod?
Ummmm why exactly are you insulting me? I came to this board with a legitimate problem, and hoped to get it adressed by people with expertise in these areas. I didnt come here to be ridiculed. Way to turn people off of posting here.......
Old 02-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by crazybaboon6000
Ummmm why exactly are you insulting me? I came to this board with a legitimate problem, and hoped to get it adressed by people with expertise in these areas. I didnt come here to be ridiculed. Way to turn people off of posting here.......
I wouldn't pay any attention to him. He doesn't seem mature enough to be able to maturely discuss any problems with the word "vtec" in it.

BTW, have you checked the engine oil level and tried warming the engine up fully and going past 6000rpm again?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:58 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
slfmade must be from honda-tech.com lol We all know when VTEC kicks in there is a noticable sound difference. Honda's VTEC is by chance one of the best variable valve timing engines on the market, and they have done an amazing job with creating 100 hp per liter while maintaining some of the best fuel mileage on the market. To clear up this VTEC thread and the stupidity of some people with their "rice" comments directed to you lets talk about what EXACTLY I-VTEC does, yes I-VTEC is different from VTEC. Once everyone understands VTEC then maybe people can put this shit to rest. This is from a great post on k20a.org by nikos:

The K20A2 in the Type-S works the way you expect VTEC to work. The two camshafts are equipped with three cam lobes and rocker arms for each cylinder's pair of intake and exhaust valves. At 5800 rpm, oil pressure activates pins that lock the outer rocker arms to the center arm. This forces both valves to use the higher lift, longer duration center camshaft profile. However, this is augmented by VTC on the intake side, which manipulates the timing of the cam itself. This can be used to augment torque, reduce emissions or a variety of different things depending on what the computer thinks is best at the time. The RSX's K20A3, the Si's K20A and the CR-V's K24A1 use i-VTEC differently. First, it only operates on the intake valves. But even then, the philosophy is changed. Until the VTEC threshold is reached, the lesser K engines essentiality only use one intake valve per cylinder. The other is opened just a crack, enough to keep fuel from pooling behind the valve, but that's about it. In addition, the VTC is tuned primarily to keep emissions as low as possible. All this weirdness results in excellent swirl inside the combustion chamber and very efficient combustion. It's great for fuel efficiency and low emissions. However, it isn't so great for driving fun, as the engine inhales less deeply and revs lower.

I reccomend ANYONE having an issue with what VTEC really is to read this, this is where you can find it: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74

So pay no attention to some people and their rice talk, they drive a TSX as well and if they're on this forum they most likely are modding it and by their definition are "ricers." So that being said, do what the legitimate members suggest by warming up the engine and oil temp. Make sure the oil level is correct, and if VTEC still fails to engage take it to the dealership.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:32 PM
10th Gear

wtf is a vtec?
Old 03-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i'm the VTEC KILLAH
Old 03-03-2007, 04:06 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jmathew34
i'm the VTEC KILLAH

VTEC killah.. Representing that IVTEC to the fullest!!
Old 03-04-2007, 02:26 AM
10th Gear

wtf, oil level has no effect on oil pressure. That's like saying the car might not run if the gas tank isn't completely full.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by beannns
wtf, oil level has no effect on oil pressure. That's like saying the car might not run if the gas tank isn't completely full.
Yes it does if your oil level is close to minimum. The oil return to the pan is not as quick as the oil being sucked up by the pick up.