Vibration in 1st and 2nd Gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:54 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration in 1st and 2nd Gear

Okay, I've just noticed this yesterday, and it is apparently getting worse.

First off, '07 TSX, manual, approx. 21k miles. It has just celebrated its two year anniversary at the beginning of January.

Now, on to the problem. It has just started recently. When I start to move from a full stop, in 1st gear, there is a slight vibration (seems to follow up the peddle through my leg). Today though, I noticed that it was also right at the beginning of pushing down the gas when I shift to 2nd. I found that, if I gun the gas, the vibration is less. But the fact that it is now in the 2nd gear, and that the vibration is worse that it was has me worried. Do I need to replace the clutch? I may ride it occasionally but to replace it in 2 years? (Plus I'm not 100% sure that I can afford it right now...)
Old 02-03-2009, 01:48 AM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
at 21k miles its still under warranty. the guys here on Azine won't be able to diagnose what is really wrong so just bring it into the dealership. It is abnormal though because i also have an 07 tsx at 20k miles and it doesnt vibrate like your description.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rabidkeebler
Okay, I've just noticed this yesterday, and it is apparently getting worse.

First off, '07 TSX, manual, approx. 21k miles. It has just celebrated its two year anniversary at the beginning of January.

Now, on to the problem. It has just started recently. When I start to move from a full stop, in 1st gear, there is a slight vibration (seems to follow up the peddle through my leg). Today though, I noticed that it was also right at the beginning of pushing down the gas when I shift to 2nd. I found that, if I gun the gas, the vibration is less. But the fact that it is now in the 2nd gear, and that the vibration is worse that it was has me worried. Do I need to replace the clutch? I may ride it occasionally but to replace it in 2 years? (Plus I'm not 100% sure that I can afford it right now...)
Could be a host of things; wheel balance, bent wheel, axles (highly doubt it though) as a short list. As the previous person mentioned, it is still under warranty, take it in.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
at 21k miles its still under warranty. the guys here on Azine won't be able to diagnose what is really wrong so just bring it into the dealership. It is abnormal though because i also have an 07 tsx at 20k miles and it doesnt vibrate like your description.
Not entirely true. However, given the youth of this car and limited information, your suggestion is still the best advice.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Instructor

vibration from which pedal?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:31 PM
8th Gear

First off, thanks for the advise. When I have time (probably spring break) I will take it in since the dealer is a distance away. I realized some new information just as an update.

One, the vibration went away today. It has occurred, and then went away without much notice on another day. So I'm going to list this as one of those come & go things.

In terms of what had changed, it was a low on gas (the light had just turned on so 30 miles, about a gallon left) But the vibrations were still around for the rest of that day.

The vibrations were never in the brake, I "think" it was stronger in the clutch than the gas. If it starts to happen again, I'm going to pay strong attention to the RPM to see if it is fluctuating (I don't think it was but I could have missed it.) The thing that really bugs me is that the vibration is only momentarily. In other words, in a 3 second span, it occurs on the 2nd second only. I was just worried because it was bleeding into the 2nd gear and was thinking Oh No!