upgrading speakers to eliminate door rattle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 02:48 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
upgrading speakers to eliminate door rattle?

I just got my new black tsx a few weeks ago and the speaker at the passenger door is starting to rattle when i play music (rap&RB, bass&trebble +6, vol 15). I try bringing it in for service but the service people said i was using too much bass and they can't do anything abt that...I've tried putting the bass to zero and it still have a buzzing sound and it's annoying me. Anyways, I've tried to roll the window down for a fraction of an inch but it doesn't help. The only way for me to get rid of the rattle beside the speaker is to press firmly against the speaker. Obviously I can't do that while i'm driving...So I was wondering if upgrading the speakers on the front&back will help get rid of the buzzing/rattling.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in my experience my rattle was the passenger side window switch, i was able to stop that rattle with a small strip of adhesive tape.

additionally i have noticed that the speaker has so much movement that the felt seal that rubs against the glass will sometimes slap the glass. there is no fix for this because it's obvious that the actual metal of the door is moving enough to cause this to happen.
if you swap out the speakers and it stops the noise its probly because the replacement speakers have less cone travel than the stock ones do.