Steering is off center, please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004 | 10:34 AM
Advanced

Steering is off center, please help!!!!

Hi,

I find that the steering wheel was off center while driving on normal speed, when I straighten the steering wheel the car go towards to the right. So I bought the car to the dealership this morning and have them to do the alignment. After two hours of waiting, they finally had it fixed and they print out an alignment report to show all the proper specs. So I took the car back start driving and I still find the steering wheel is not perfectly STRAIGHT....it's still a bit off centre. I really dunoo what to do now, should I bring the car back to the dealer and have them check it again. Also, can you all please take a look at the report and tell me is there anything still need to be adjust? On the report the caster on the front left and right seems out of spec, the final spec is 4.6 degree (left) and 4.4 degree (right). Does the steering wheel off center problem happen on most of the TSX, is it a factory fault. Please give me advices on what to do.

The following link is the pictures of the alignment report.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4285843881

Thanks
Old 08-21-2004 | 10:58 AM
04 remembrance

Links for your pleasure:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...g+wheel+center
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...g+wheel+center
Old 08-21-2004 | 11:58 AM
Racer

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM, man, i know it sucks.... i can go to the dealer to get a free alignment anytime so ill just wait...
Old 08-22-2004 | 10:43 PM
Christopher C

I have not noticed it but I will get back to you
Old 08-25-2004 | 12:34 PM
Advanced

Should I bring it back to the dealer and have them look into it again. The service guy also mention if the caster is out of spec, it will cause the car to drift when going high speed. Isn't they suppose to be fix this problem. I need some advices...pleaese help.
Old 08-25-2004 | 01:05 PM
Advanced

I've had the same problem with my tsx for a while now, check your tire pressure, sometimes that may be the problem. Hopefully your dealer actually takes time to look at it and fix it, not like mines, where they keep it for an hour and tell me everythings fine.
Old 08-25-2004 | 01:30 PM
Punk Rocker

I've had a pull to the left ever since I took delivery of my TSX. Unfortunately, the dealer is in Atlanta......300 miles away!! I guess I'll eventually take it up there to get it fixed. It does drive me friggin crazy though as I can make nice left-hand bends with the wheel perfectly straight!! Doh!
Old 09-20-2004 | 06:21 PM
5th Gear

alignment problems

I drove my brand new TSX off the lot with a pull to the left. When I called the dealer the next day and reported the prob. they said it was because of the sport suspension and which ever way the road leans the steering wheel will lean. Well, I didn't buy it and dropped off the car to them today and they agreed with me that the car was in fact out of alignment. I had to leave it there, the alignment machine did not have the software to do an alignment on a TSX? I found that to be strange. Anyways..they have 3 times to get this car to drive straight and then I get a nasty lawyer and go for the lemon law. If you have this prob. take it to the dealer right away and document everything and keep taking it back if it is not straight..you shouldn't have a new car that does this. I had a camry years ago that did this and they never could fix it and I was a softy and never really complained even though it drove me NUTS...so I'm know very sensitive and well pass my threshold of patience. I will update when I get my car back.