Starter issues and other things

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starter issues and other things

So today my Acura tsx 2006 decided to just die. I went to start it on, all mornings as its cold here starting it on is slow, so I tried to turn it on, it went slowly to turn on I hear the engine about to go on but, no dice, nothing, tried 2 more times. nope. I had to leave so I took my cousins car and came back a couple of hours later to see what was wrong, My cousing and aunt called roadside assistances and they came to try and jumpstart the car but that didnt work too. Now the car wont even make the slow turn noise, just the click.. No dim lights when attempting to turn on so starter....

But that is not the only Issue, I took the car to Acura, being a new owner of this car, it was abandoned for a couple of months or more and was rescued by my aunt , she repaired it enough to sell it but gave it to me.
The dealership did a full check and well here is the paper. This car didnt have a recall according to my aunt or nothing.

So i wanted to ask to the people here who have this same model, does the car has longer than usual brakes compared to newer cars? and is the steering hard? This car for me its hard to steer compared to a 2013 mazda 3, and has longer brakes, didnt pay much attention cause according to my aunt the car is like new. But seeing those warnings by the dealership. Im here to ask.. Also what is the cost of a new starter cheap? my budget to repair right now the car is less than 400$ so.. any ideas? Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails Starter issues and other things-photo_2017-03-27_11-40-29.jpg  
Old 03-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Quick reply but , I need to move this car to an autozone or any repairshop where I can check it and change the parts. I dont have the tim to order a starter nor the confidence to do a DIY so I need to head to repair this, where is the starter in this car so I can attemp the easy bang it and try to turn on the car so Ican move there?
Old 03-27-2017, 10:15 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
The starter itself isn't too expensive but the labor is. It's underneath the intake manifold and that makes it difficult to remove and replace.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:05 AM
Intermediate

Yeah, that is why I was worried, I managed to borrow my cousins mazda meanwhile , got a mechanic to come to install the replacement by thursday, for budget reasons I had to get this part:
Amazon Amazon

According to a few review it works, and seems to fit my tsx 2006...

However with this, and seeing as im gonna need more expensive repairs in the near future I will sell the tsx to get a cheaper used car that I can mantain. Gonna miss those heated seats and luxury features but I cant afford to do more repairs , at least expensive repairs.