Shift, rattle and roll

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift, rattle and roll

Hey all.

Well I've had my TSX for 3 months now (13,000km) and I've had a total of 3 issues with the car so far. First problem was my driver seat shifting, especially when I made left turns. A new outer seat rail appears to have cured the problem. The second issue is my sport shift stopped shifting up (shifting down still works). Turns out the switch went, they've ordered a new one. But there's one remaining problem and I can't quite figure out what's causing it. My front driver side window sounds like it's rattling, but even when I hold it, the rattle continues. Any ideas?

BTW even though there've been a few growing pains, I still love this car. I sit in other cars, then get back in mine and it feels like home.

2004 TSX Indigo Blue Pearl 5AT
Old 06-03-2004, 04:31 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by adamtaylor
Hey all.
But there's one remaining problem and I can't quite figure out what's causing it. My front driver side window sounds like it's rattling, but even when I hold it, the rattle continues. Any ideas?
Check out this thread.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4142

see my updates at the end as well.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, you're probably right on both counts. I forgot to mention that one thing I noticed is that the rattle tends not to appear if I don't use the auto-up function on the driver's window switch. In other words, if I close the window with my finger on the switch and let go, the rattle doesn't happen. But when I use the auto-up feature, it seems that the switch doesn't disengage until the window is closed real tight. So it seems to me that the glass is going up too far, which theoretically, the lubricant/cleaner would help alleviate.