seat sliding

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seat sliding

Has anyone gotten the dealer to fix the seat sliding problem? When i break hard my seat slides.

If so, how long did it take them to fix it?
Old 02-10-2004, 05:24 PM
such a dirty birdy

I had the sliding problem as well as the grinding problem. Dealer replaced some parts (seat rails I think) and that fixed the grinding but not the sliding. I'll be bringing it up again at my next service.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

Re: seat sliding

Originally posted by meeh
Has anyone gotten the dealer to fix the seat sliding problem? When i break hard my seat slides.

If so, how long did it take them to fix it?
Hi,

To fix my seat it took two visits to my dealer. The first one was because they did not trust my description of the problem. They insisted on observing it. I then waited over ten days for them to get the part before returning for a second visit. Each visit they had the car for the full day.

The chair no longer rocks or slides, but they introduced yet another creaking sound. The new base of the chair now creakes and rattles as the car interior warms up on the morning.

I traded one problem for another!

Acura - 'Let the dealer handle it!'

Good luck!

Joe Kotran
Old 02-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Intermediate

Is the creak just during the warm up? Also, does it say what part they replaced?

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Racer

i have this problem too when i break hard.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:38 AM
bleh...

Originally posted by tsxer.ca
i have this problem too when i break hard.
I had this problem last summer. I took the car to the dealer and they fixed it. The seat still does make a noise when I apply the brakes, but its not to the extent that it slides a bit.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:19 AM
10th Gear

Talking DRIVER'S SEAT

Reported to my dealer 2/9/04 that Driver's Seat rocks front to back. Especially with hard braking. They reported "Seat Track Has Excessive Play." They have S.O.P. (Special Ordered Part). Will advise you all if this fixes the problem! Stay-Tuned!
Old 02-11-2004, 08:32 AM
wiz
Pro

I had the same problem. I ended up just moving my seat all the way back to the end of the track (so it's pretty much in the back seat) and the seat does not rock anymore when I break. I have to move the seat up now a little bit if somebody wants to ride behind me, but it's not that big of a deal.

I did take mine to the dealership and complained about it and they said that they tested it out and could not replicate the problem. I told them that it happens under heavy breaking (or even normal breaking) and they said they took it out and could still not replicate the problem. They tightened the seat up and it still did it. Luckily I am a pretty big guy so I just moved the seat all the way back and problem solved. I know most people might not be able to do that though.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:13 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

I had the same problem. My seat not only moved front-back when I braked, but also side-to-side when I cornered.

The dealer ended up replacing the entire seat tracks on both the floor and the seat.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Older. Wiser. Faster.

My driver's seat slides to the side, but only on medium-hard left hand turns. Something to add to the list for the first oil change. I have a feeling I'll be getting new seat tracks too. My 00 Accord had a similar problem that the dealer attempted to fix by adding shims somewhere but no luck. I fixed the problem myself by trading it in.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:38 PM
wiz
Pro

My seat is now moving side to side. Since I have the seat all the way back on the track, I don't feel the shift when braking, but I do feel the side to side shift when going around corners now. I complained about it last time I got my oil changed, but that didn't help matters any. When I go in for the 30k mile maintenance, I'll bring it up again. I'm sure they'll have the car for the full day so hopefully they will look into it and find something. Maybe I can get a new seat. :-)
Old 07-06-2004, 06:06 PM
10th Gear

I had mine fixed just last week. It took two tries; the first time they couldn't replicate the problem. The second time I told them I would ride with the tech which they agreed to. When I dropped the car off, they said that wasn't necessary. Sure enough a few hours later they called to see if I could come by and drive with the tech. Luckily I was close by; I drove first and had the tech put his hand on the seat and told him when it shifted so he could feel it. He felt it once (barely - he was a little skeptical), then tried himself but couldn't get it to do it again; we guessed it might have been a difference in seat position since he was taller than me. I was able to get them to replace the seat base which I had to wait almost a week for since it was "on national back order". The positive to all this is that the problem disappeared completely.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:52 PM
10th Gear

i had the same problem a few months ago, when the windshield was creaking...anyway, they replaced something on the tracks i believe but said that it still does have a little play. it doesn't do that anymore though
Old 07-16-2004, 10:52 AM
10th Gear

Seat Shift... Again

Bringing the car in next week for the 6th try on fixing this - I have had the plastic base replaced, the entire seat replaced, and will now try getting the tracks replaced. I think the seats are engineered for really lightweight people. I think they start sliding front to back or right to left when anyone is over 150 pounds. Just my theory.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Intermediate

I just noticed that my seat is shifting side to side when i turn. Anyone else like that? Or just when breaking?
Old 07-16-2004, 12:23 PM
10th Gear

Mine was side to side, not front to back.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:25 PM
such a dirty birdy

Mine is back in again for about the 4th or 5th time to try fixing it. Grrr. So far, I have had the seat base, the seat back and the track/rails replaced. I'm interested to see what gets replaced this time. I'm getting tired of this.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:45 PM
6th Gear

Add me to the growing list of people with the Driver's side seat shift (forward when braking). I have had my car to the Dealer twice. It always comes back. The first time I had my car in for the problem they lubed the seat rails. The second time they replaced the seat rails. Neither of the fixes solved the problem. Does anyone know if there is Technical Service Bulletin for this issue? This is not the first car forum that I have read about the TSX seat issue.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:20 AM
Banned

I got this problem and my dealer won;t fix it. They kept ignoring my complaints and I doubt they even care about it. I can feel it right after I took off from the service center and how could that be "CANNOT DUPLICATE"? They did the same thing to the rattle. Now the rattle seems like a fixture. No matter what the door still ratles and the dealer still says "CANNOT DUPLICATE" ......I will not get an Acura as my next car..

EDIT: These problems started 2 weeks after I got my car which it's about 1 year soon. AND the dealer still say they can;t hear or feel anything. Never thought Ray Laks would be so bad when it comes to service.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:47 AM
10th Gear

Hi folks - an update - it's been three weeks since I brought the car in for the seat slide issue. My seat was moving front to back on breaking, and side to side upon turning. THIS WAS MY 7th SERVICE CALL ON THIS!!! Looks like replacing the tracks finally worked. BUT... they broke the plastic base for the fourth time, and I'm bringing it back for the 8th time on Monday. The dealership couldn't care less about this, the amount of time and aggro bringing this car in. Everyone comments that I should contact the state regarding the Lemon Law, but I don't think that covers issues like a driver's seat slide. Any thoughts?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:52 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by katya424
Hi folks - an update - it's been three weeks since I brought the car in for the seat slide issue. My seat was moving front to back on breaking, and side to side upon turning. THIS WAS MY 7th SERVICE CALL ON THIS!!! Looks like replacing the tracks finally worked. BUT... they broke the plastic base for the fourth time, and I'm bringing it back for the 8th time on Monday. The dealership couldn't care less about this, the amount of time and aggro bringing this car in. Everyone comments that I should contact the state regarding the Lemon Law, but I don't think that covers issues like a driver's seat slide. Any thoughts?

8 times, Holy crap !

I had this problem and they repleced the seat track awhile ago but the problem remained. But it seems to have gone away all by itself
Old 09-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Master in Science

I have the side-to-side motion problem, too. Took the car in twice and they said they tightened the screws on the seat. It solved the problem for about a week, then it came back. I have officialy given up! Just had the 20k service, and forgot to mention it to the new dealer altogether.

Maybe when I bring the car in for 25k I'll say something. My steering wheel is also not aligned right, but I forgot to mention that, too.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A-Q-R
I got this problem and my dealer won;t fix it. They kept ignoring my complaints and I doubt they even care about it. I can feel it right after I took off from the service center and how could that be "CANNOT DUPLICATE"? They did the same thing to the rattle. Now the rattle seems like a fixture. No matter what the door still ratles and the dealer still says "CANNOT DUPLICATE" ......I will not get an Acura as my next car..

EDIT: These problems started 2 weeks after I got my car which it's about 1 year soon. AND the dealer still say they can;t hear or feel anything. Never thought Ray Laks would be so bad when it comes to service.
How stupid can you be to NOT have the tech drive with you so you can show them the problem??? And I dont know whats more dumb, this, or the fact that you actually drove away from the dealer without the problems getting fixed...