Seat Discoloration Along Outside Seam of Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 02:54 AM
The Power of a Grill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dingdongman

You have nothing to lose by trying every option you have available to you.

DD
except maybe my dignity over a blue line on my seat

I will pursue it, but im not gonna make a federal case out of it.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$30,000.00 car vs. a drive through burger order

I find it extremely dignifying when exhausting all my available options to resiolve a problem, in any situation. If you think standing up for your rights is doing something wrong or somehow demeaning, there is no hope for you anyway.

I bet you don't send back incorrect orders at resturants because you think it will offend the wait-staff, right?

People with your attitude have let today's corporations think they can provide substandard products with no accountability. They know if they make it just hard enough where you actually have to "think" to find a solution, you'll give up! Looks like they were right in your case.

BTW...You must not be originally from Texas!
Old 09-09-2006, 11:09 PM
The Power of a Grill

hehe, wow. making it personal because i dont agree with you. you must be a republican.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by San-AnT
hehe, wow. making it personal because i dont agree with you. you must be a republican.
lol, this coming from someone from Texas...
Old 09-09-2006, 11:52 PM
The Power of a Grill

yes, from someone from Texas. we don't all wear cowboy boots and blindly follow idiots. well, we don't all blindly follow idiots.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Who's the idiot?

Me or George Bush?
Old 09-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We have a Religion & Politics forum for this. Lets leave the personal stuff out of this very useful thread.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:06 PM
The Power of a Grill

i agree
Old 09-11-2006, 07:40 AM
Advanced

You Agree

You are the one who started it this.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:38 PM
The Power of a Grill

dude, let it go.

I have asked my service rep at Gunn Acura to contact acura about possibility of replacing bottom portion in warranty. he's gonna find out for me.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dingdongman

You have nothing to lose by trying every option you have available to you.

Let us know how it goes.

DD
you know...time is money

mine hasn't happen yet...hopefullly it never will
Old 09-11-2006, 09:06 PM
The Power of a Grill

Originally Posted by kyotousa
you know...time is money

mine hasn't happen yet...hopefullly it never will
you have parchment seating?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by San-AnT
you have parchment seating?
yah...pwp parchment
Old 09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
3rd Gear

I have the same issue with the driver's seat. It does appear that a marker was used on the inside of the seat side. Shows up distinctly on the parchment. Now the question is will my dealer buy the story, and I get a new seat upholstery
Old 09-19-2006, 02:36 PM
8th Gear

half done

well, went back to the dealership for other repairs as well as to get the seats recovered. When we picked up the car, only the driver's seat had been replaced. Didn't do the passenger seat, althought it clearly stated both seats on the work order. To top that off, they tried to charge me for the repair. I told them that they had agreed over the phone to replace the seats. After a talking back and forth , the service manager agreed not to charge for that seat, but they would for the other one. They have to be kidding...........
oh well, back to the phone.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by dottie2
well, went back to the dealership for other repairs as well as to get the seats recovered. When we picked up the car, only the driver's seat had been replaced. Didn't do the passenger seat, althought it clearly stated both seats on the work order. To top that off, they tried to charge me for the repair. I told them that they had agreed over the phone to replace the seats. After a talking back and forth , the service manager agreed not to charge for that seat, but they would for the other one. They have to be kidding...........
oh well, back to the phone.

Who's the dealership?? Give us a heads up/warning.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Racer

i don't know you kids let stuff like this bother you. the discoloration is uniform and its barely noticeable.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

I also have wearing on my driver seat from where the seat belt rubes it so i'm wondering if the dealer will cover it! I'm going in a few months for my 40k service, and i'll have a sweet list with me for them to go over!!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Got Ramen?

i bought a souveniere picture of me and my friends at six flags a few weeks ago...it has one of those colored cardboard "frames" and unfortunately i left it in the backseat of my car while it was sunny and some of the coloring has gotten itself onto the seat. I can't seem to remove the faint colors that are now imprinted on the leather...is there anyway to remove this?
Old 09-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TypeRS
i bought a souveniere picture of me and my friends at six flags a few weeks ago...it has one of those colored cardboard "frames" and unfortunately i left it in the backseat of my car while it was sunny and some of the coloring has gotten itself onto the seat. I can't seem to remove the faint colors that are now imprinted on the leather...is there anyway to remove this?
Post this question in our Wash & Wax Forum. You'll get better visibility and a number detailing pros frequent that forum so you'll get some good suggestions.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by feelgood13
i don't know you kids let stuff like this bother you. the discoloration is uniform and its barely noticeable.
I'm guessing you don't have parchment, nor do you have this problem, so I'll say you have no idea what you're talking about and don't bother mucking up this thread with your opinions
Old 09-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by xizor
I'm guessing you don't have parchment, nor do you have this problem, so I'll say you have no idea what you're talking about and don't bother mucking up this thread with your opinions

Old 09-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by xizor
you're right, i have black interior and i've seen pics of the discoloration youre talking about. if i had it, i wouldnt let it bother me to the point that i'll let someone rip apart the seat to "check it out".
Old 09-20-2006, 08:42 AM
8th Gear

I guess my take on this is the car is only barely a year and half old. To me, an Acura is a pricey automobile and the discoloration on my seats is very obvious and actually darker than some of the pictures posted. The car just cost too much for them not to take care of this. JMO
The dealership is in Georgia.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Instructor

So does anyone actually has a SOLUTION for this discoloration problem (other than getting the seat repalced) ??

I heard the "Awesome" cleaner mentioned. How did that work?

Any other ideas?
Old 09-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by matvey
So does anyone actually has a SOLUTION for this discoloration problem (other than getting the seat repalced) ??

I heard the "Awesome" cleaner mentioned. How did that work?

Any other ideas?
If it indeed is ink bleeding through from the inside (and all indications are that it is) there is no cleaner that will get it out.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Advanced

Cannot be cleaned

This is discolored uniformely and originating from underneath the material into the fibers of the side of the seat cover(pleather in this case. If I am not mistaken only the perforated area of the seats would be real leather, along with the front of the headrest and the bolsters. Most of the other areas are material that simulates leather, thus the unusual staining uniformity. Leather would not dissipate ink in a uniform manner as this....otherwise if cows pooped too much in the wind they would be instant zeebras.

The point of the thread is indeed that these cars cost too much to have something so noticable when entering and exiting the vehicle. Maybe a blue stripe on the trunk carpet I could live with...but not this.

Can someone else shoot a few pics to document the problem with more proof. Thanks!
DD
Old 09-25-2006, 08:19 AM
8th Gear

I am going to try to post a couple of pictures. This is the passenger seat which did not look as bad as the drivers seat. We didn't get pictures of the drivers seat before they replaced it.
Still haven't heard anything from the dealership. I guess I really didn't expect to.
I guess I'll be back on the phone this week.

How do you post a picture?
Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Team Owner

I am going to try to post a couple of pictures. This is the passenger seat which did not look as bad as the drivers seat. We didn't get pictures of the drivers seat before they replaced it.
Still haven't heard anything from the dealership. I guess I really didn't expect to.
I guess I'll be back on the phone this week.

How do you post a picture?
From our FAQ section: How to post pics
Old 09-25-2006, 10:27 AM
8th Gear

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5...atsx008qd8.jpg

this is a test?
Old 09-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Team Owner

Image shows up fine. Mine looks the same.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Instructor

My seat looks just like that pic too. I have no warrany, so replacing the seat is not an option.

Has anyone tried any cleaning solutions?
Old 09-25-2006, 03:17 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by jlukja
Image shows up fine. Mine looks the same.
Thanks Jlukja,
Did you get your seats replaced?
Old 09-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Team Owner

Thanks Jlukja,
Did you get your seats replaced?
No. I plan on addressing it with my service advisor the next time I take it in (next oil change). Its one of a number of items I need to discuss with them.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:04 AM
8th Gear

Good luck with your service advisor. I've been told they will redye the other seat as a goodwill gesture, but why replace one and not the other? I just can't be convinced that it is wear and fading from clothes!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

I just got a call from the dealership. The seat cover came in and I'm going in Thursday to have it replaced.
Will update after that...
Old 09-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Cruisin'

Well I took my car in today 9/29 to the Acura Manhattan Dealer in NYC. I brought in the printouts from this whole thread and some that i found via google. They told me that my seat cover is on order to be replaced. Now I hoep when I actually get the work done they dont turn around and tell me that I must pay like they did to another user in this thread. I i will report back next week when I bring it in once the seats are replaced. I also mentioned that I called the Corp Head Quarters of Acura to file a complaint.
Good Luck Guys. Ding Dong is right if you fight you shall receive and why not, we pay over 30k.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by defeasance
Well I took my car in today 9/29 to the Acura Manhattan Dealer in NYC. I brought in the printouts from this whole thread and some that i found via google. They told me that my seat cover is on order to be replaced. Now I hoep when I actually get the work done they dont turn around and tell me that I must pay like they did to another user in this thread. I i will report back next week when I bring it in once the seats are replaced. I also mentioned that I called the Corp Head Quarters of Acura to file a complaint.
Good Luck Guys. Ding Dong is right if you fight you shall receive and why not, we pay over 30k.
I just went to my dealer as well and showed him my seat which was not discolored but it was actually starting to crack a little from the seatbelt wearing on it. He looked at it and said let me get your VIN number and i'll order the part. Everything is under warranty and they even said they would give me a brand new TL w/ Navi as a loaner as it would take a whole day to redo!! I'm not complaining. He then asked me that we make the appointment to have a list of anything else that i want them to look at! Nice service from Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Intermediate

Good news!
Got my seat replaced under warranty. No more looking at the ugly blue line.
However, like some of you have pointed out, who's to say that the new seat cover won't have the same bleed thur problem? So I'm currently in discussions with the service manager about this...
Old 10-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

i know there is a spray out there can help protect the leather, and vinyl (seperate spray) against stuff like that. Its like the color guard you can put on your sofa's and stuff too but i can't remember what its called.....anyone know what i'm talking about? I'll look it up when i go home from work!

Quick Reply: Seat Discoloration Along Outside Seam of Seat