rought ride since day one

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
rought ride since day one

I know there have been a bunch of threads on here about this, but I'm curious if anyone has found any subtle issues with their suspension that would cause it to be harsh. I bought a CPO 06' AT TSX in November of last year and it only had about 10,000 miles on it. I've only had 09 tsx loaners, so I really can't compare other tsx's suspensions. But my car (with stock tires/rims) has a pretty rough ride. It's comfortable on smooth roads, but I feel every bump and crack in the road all the time. Maybe it's just the stiff suspension and I'm just being crazy. The ride is just pretty damn stiff compared to other cars I've been in. My tire pressure is a-ok and pushing down on the corners of the car doesn't reveal any messed up suspension. So is there anything else that could make the ride so rough? Tread is good on my tires...so I'm thinking about replacing the stock tires in hopes that it will lighten up the ride. It's just tiring to get assaulted by little cracks in the road here and there. I'm assuming my car is fine because suspension issues should be pretty obvious when something has gone wrong. Anyone else do anything to improve the bumpiness of the stock ride? I like the feel of the road, but I definitely don't like to be hit with it

I know now that I would never be comfortable with aftermarket springs. Ah well...mb hondata to make up for it!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You should have just continued your other thread instead of starting a new one exactly where the previous one left off...
Edit: Nevermind, that was some one else with the exact same question.

The TSX is a luxury sports sedan. The new one is considerably more biased to the luxury and the suspension floatiness reflects that. The stock tires are pretty much garbage as far as everything but wear is concerned so ditching those things might help.

What kind of cars are you comparing this one to? Sounds like you might have been better off going with Lexus for what you're looking for.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by LukeaTron
You should have just continued your other thread instead of starting a new one exactly where the previous one left off...
Edit: Nevermind, that was some one else with the exact same question.

The TSX is a luxury sports sedan. The new one is considerably more biased to the luxury and the suspension floatiness reflects that. The stock tires are pretty much garbage as far as everything but wear is concerned so ditching those things might help.

What kind of cars are you comparing this one to? Sounds like you might have been better off going with Lexus for what you're looking for.
I was aware of the suspension before purchasing the car, but I figured there might be some tricks to soften it up a tad. I've heard that others have replaced the stock tires with Yokohama Avid V4's and have experienced a more controlled ride...
Old 06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Most of the tricks stiffen the ride up more. A different brand of tires or 16 inch wheels (they do fit) with bigger sidewalls are the only things I can think of. For what it's worth, my winter tires on 16 wheels offer a much, much smoother ride. A lot of handling goes out the window though.