Recent Recall for ECM/PCM Issue: Do I have a valid reimbursement claim?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:09 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recent Recall for ECM/PCM Issue: Do I have a valid reimbursement claim?

Just received the following from Acura for my 2004 TSX:

In 6/2012, the TSX wouldn't start. Dealer tech replaced ECM to fix the issue.
here is the Repair Invoice

Will you have a look at the reimbursement notice and the invoice and let me know if you think I have a good claim ?

Much appreciated
Old 04-21-2013, 01:14 AM
9th Gear

Sorry here is the Reimbursement Letter

Reimbursement Letter about ECM/PCM Corrosion.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TomTeal
Just received the following from Acura for my 2004 TSX:

In 6/2012, the TSX wouldn't start. Dealer tech replaced ECM to fix the issue.
here is the Repair Invoice

Will you have a look at the reimbursement notice and the invoice and let me know if you think I have a good claim ?

Much appreciated
It definitely looks like you have a claim. You should submit the paperwork and see what happens.

Acura may fight you on the claim since the repair invoice does not have the magic words "DTC P0606" or "no communication between the HDS and ECM/PCM"

If Acura fights you on it, you should go to the dealer that did the repair work and ask them if they changed the ecm because of this DTC P0606 or no communication between the HDS and ECM/PCM (which is probably what happened but they just did not write it on their invoice.)

If your dealer confirms this, have them write up another invoice this time incorporating the magic words into it.

Questions: 1)What state do you live in? 2) Are you the original owner of the car? 3) If you are the original owner of the car, did you originally buy in the same state where you presently live?

Good luck and let us know what happens with your car.
The following users liked this post:
TomTeal (04-22-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM
9th Gear

I'm in NY I bought it 2nd-hand
Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone had this recall work performed and then experienced electrical issues shortly afterwords? We had the recall work done Saturday and noticed the AC compresser was not turning on two days later when the weather turned hot. The AC had been working great previously..
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
POWER!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by vollum
Has anyone had this recall work performed and then experienced electrical issues shortly afterwords? We had the recall work done Saturday and noticed the AC compresser was not turning on two days later when the weather turned hot. The AC had been working great previously..
I got it done maybe 1.5 months ago, people at the dealer were surprisingly very professional about it, took only 45 min to do, and I have not had any issues at all after I did the recall.

However I did take apart the center part where the ECU is, but I didn't really see anything different than what I did before the ECU recall, meh. As long as everything works whatever.

They even washed and vacuumed my car
Old 06-14-2013, 12:44 PM
4th Gear

I have my car in the dealer now and they are saying they need the red key in order to finish programming/installing the PCM. Any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2019, 08:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
for the person who asked if anyone has had electrical probs after taking car 2 dealership for this recall well i have.

i just got my car bk from my brother who borrowed it for years and never bothered going to the dealership for the recall. not even a mt after i took it in the car goes into limp mode where there's no throttle response. I've tested wiring & even bought a new throttle actuator control module but still haven't figured out WTH is going on!

anyway since i had to tear the paneling out and unhook connectors to the PCM & TAC i got a good look at what they did for the recall... they put a thin piece of plastic on top of the PCM. in my case the plastic wasn't even in place like they just threw it in the hole where the PCM is located. i can't see how even if it was in place that that flimsy cheap plastic would help anything!

anyway i wouldn't be surprised if the dealership screwed with something knowing it'd mess up shortly afterward. regret taking the car in now!!
Old 06-10-2020, 04:28 PM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ECM Failure

I had the recall work done back in 2014 (cover installed) and now in 2020 the ECM finally did corrode and fail. This tells me the recall did not fix the issue. Local Acura delayed said too bad because they "fixed" the recall issue already.

Quote on new ECM is $2500....

Thoughts?
Old 12-07-2020, 01:49 PM
10th Gear

My car is currently sitting at Richmond Acura in Vancouver Canada now. Even though the ECU is obviously corroded and they are trying to deny the recall of replacing the ECU.

They said i don't have that P0606 code therefore they can only put the cover on for me. I have pictures of the corrosion on the casing and even inside the circuit board plus i had a shop to scan for me with multiple scanners, and it has no "communication or read" with the ECU at all. But still, the dealer is trying to deny this recall at the moment.

So what happened is, I just bought the car and it cranks but doesn't start. Changed the battery, still nothing. When key on, there is NO "check engine light". So the shop scanned for me and had no communication with the ECU. Then i found out that the car has an outstanding recall of the ECU, so i told the shop to take a look at the ECU and that's how they found out the corrosion.