rattles, but not from the door

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Pharm.D. Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rattles, but not from the door

curious if anyone had this happen to their TSX,

after about 2,500 miles, i hear this notorious rattle as i ride over bumps on the road. otherwise, no rattles, only when driving over bumps. but it's not coming from the interior of the door, like i've been reading about since researching the TSX months before i bought my own at the end of august. instead it's coming from where the windshield meets the car frame on the passenger side of the car. i dunno what exactly to call this part of the car, but basically the piece that says "SRS AIRBAG" or something along those lines. it does get a lil annoying while i'm driving to hear it rattle everytime i hit a bump. i'm currently at 3,200 miles and i'm willing to put up with it until my first scheduled maintenance visit to the dealer. but i guess my questions are...

1) anyone else had rattles come from that area of the car?
2) if yes to #1, did u get it serviced?
3) if yes to #2, were they able to successfully resolve the rattles?

thanks!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Instructor

the seatbelt adjusters rattle too.really noticable in my car since its right by my head
Old 10-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Instructor

I have the same problem I think. It's this popping sound I head near the passenger side windshield area. No fix yet for me. I heard it has to do with the lining of the rubber and the windshield not aligning properly. Will has it check out when I go in Tuesday to address some alignment issues.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:40 PM
9th Gear

yeah i have the same problem. kept thinking it was a windshield or cowl problem like i've been reading on the threads, but I'm now pretty sure it's from the driver's A-pillar. A friend mentioned that he saw people mention loose clips or something in the pillar on other forums.

Its like a clicking noise almost, particularly prominent when going over bumps/bumpy-roads. Mine only manifests when it's cold though. i complained about it last spring, and the service center i took it to said that they adjusted something even if they couldn't reproduce the noise. And it was mostly inaudible during the summer, but now that fall's creeping back I am starting to hear the noise again.

not sure if your problem is temperature sensitive as well. anyways, if you get a chance, while driving over a bump, lean forward over your steering wheel. helps narrow down where the noise is coming from.

i'm gonna try to get them to look at it again come my next major visit. btw, if you take it in make sure the weather is gloomy. whenever i've taken it in it always ended up during a heat-spell. its no wonder they could never reproduce the problem.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:31 PM
6 speed yo!

haha this is so weird! today i made my appointment for that problem and yes it only happens serverly when its cold weather. last night, this morning and tonite only cause its so cold. so we will see on monday if it gets fixed. btw, car has 3700 miles.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, the rattles' topic has been beaten to death, I would think with some research you'd find a case similar to yours, there are a plethora out there.

Re: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16030

Moving and closing.