Radio problem, no sound. :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radio problem, no sound. :(

Was thumpin last night on my way home from work and all of a sudden... NOTHING. The radio is still on, it changes channels, it switches to CD and changes tracks. It has an interface for a Zune and it too seems to be doing it's job. Also have what appears to be 2 line level converters installed off the onboard amp so that it has 2 sets of pre amps to run separate amps for high pass for the front, back doors and the tweets in the dash. the second set for a sub. Everything is doing what it is supposed to do except make sound. No blown fuses, amps turn on and off..... I am leaning towards the onboard amp fried or the radio output to the amp fried.
Anyone have ANY ideas what could be the cause? Any other ideas will be checked into as well... I tested every fuse I could find, all have power, and could not find one behind the radio anywhere.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you figured out this problem.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by bktsx04
Have you figured out this problem.

NO.... I really have not had a chance to look any further into this. Been driving my S-10 for now ( it has a stereo in it ) till I can tear the TSX apart.

I can't believe 139 peeps have looked at this post with nothing to suggest. *sigh* I guess when I DO find the problem, I will let everyone know what to check.
In saying that, I KNOW I will NOT be putting a good system back into this car without some serious upgrades in the electrical system. Maybe even just adding an aftermarket HU to get away from the stock system.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by DexesRevo
NO.... I really have not had a chance to look any further into this. Been driving my S-10 for now ( it has a stereo in it ) till I can tear the TSX apart.

I can't believe 139 peeps have looked at this post with nothing to suggest. *sigh* I guess when I DO find the problem, I will let everyone know what to check.
In saying that, I KNOW I will NOT be putting a good system back into this car without some serious upgrades in the electrical system. Maybe even just adding an aftermarket HU to get away from the stock system.
My only suggestion is to perhaps assume that since the sound system no longer remotely resembles anything stock, it wasn't happy with your mods and it let you know in the only way it knows how. My days of super duper sound systems are over, and I find the OE system just fine (though a little more "good" volume might be nice). I think you have already discovered that I'm not alone in that respect here. That said, I'm sure you're not alone in your desire for a higher powered system, but this particular forum has I think more like me than like you when it comes to modifying the sound system in a first gen TSX.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
OK, try this:

Run a speaker to one of the original amp outs and see if you have sound? Heck, even a multigauge to look for output voltage beyond the amp. None there, the problem is the stock amp or head unit. Then check voltage out from head unit...that'll tell you if it's bad or not. My .50.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Cruisin'

Ok, I have finally gotten around to tearing into this. After having problems TRYING to back probe wires due to the small area to work in, I decided to just unplug what was installed and plug it up the original way. Works again... so it is not the radio or amp. Seems I blew BOTH of the modules they had installed. I don't get how they both went at the same exact time, but I have tunes in the TSX again. yeaaaaa. Not so fun to drive with no tunes, and have been for a while now. Now to fix the truck. yea front end work is soooo fun.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Simba91102
My only suggestion is to perhaps assume that since the sound system no longer remotely resembles anything stock, it wasn't happy with your mods and it let you know in the only way it knows how. My days of super duper sound systems are over, and I find the OE system just fine (though a little more "good" volume might be nice). I think you have already discovered that I'm not alone in that respect here. That said, I'm sure you're not alone in your desire for a higher powered system, but this particular forum has I think more like me than like you when it comes to modifying the sound system in a first gen TSX.
Just so you know, not that you care. I did not have this stuff put in, it was already installed when I bought the car. The old owner had removed his amp and sub, and I just put new ones in to have sound again. I guess I put a little more in than what he had though. All is good now though, back to original, sort of.