Possible MAP sensor problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible MAP sensor problem?

Hey guys, haven't posted very much on here but I creep on the forum quite a bit lol . I tried searching for a thread but didn't find anything that relates to my problem. I need your help with a problem I've been encountering with my car as of late. Lately I've been noticing that my cars been a bit sluggish from time to time, what I mean is some days the engine runs strong and pulls hard and some days it feels as if the power just isn't there. I have a CAI and on days where it feels like power is lacking, the intake sounds like it isn't sucking enough air into the engine. I've already got a new air filter put in, cleaned the fuel injectors and fuel system and I still get the sluggish feeling sometimes.

I know a bunch of things might be causing it but I believe it might be my map sensor. But before I go and buy a new MAP sensor I'd like to have your guys' input and see if anyone else has experienced this. I'm worried cause something just isn't right if the engine power isn't consistent. My car is a 05 6mt with 91xxxkm.

Anyone know where the map sensor plugs into the intake? I think it is wired through the inlet air temperature sensor but I'm not certain on that if anyone can clarify it.
Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
...and why do you think it's the MAP sensor??? They have a pretty low failure rate in my experience.

It's mounted in the intake manifold just under the throttle body.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reason why I thought it to be the map sensor was because I thought the map sensor sends info to the ecu like how much air is being pulled into the engine and the ecu then decides the amount of fuel to mix with the air? I couldn't find any info on the tsx map sensor so if it's not the map sensor I'm not sure what it could be. I'm fairly noob when it comes to engine diagnosis, hence why any input is much appreciated