Please Help!!! Odd AC problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010 | 02:12 PM
2nd Gear

Please Help!!! Odd AC problem

Well, like many of you, my ac compressor exploded at the end of last summer. I decided to do the work my self and screwed something up. My a/c compressor clutch and condensor fan will not disengage when I hit the off button on the dash. The clutch kicks on about 5 seconds after the car is started whether the ac is on or not. Here is where I screwed up. The aftermarket compressor has one wire coming from the compressor. It goes hot wire to plug, to thermal protector, to clutch to ground. Wired this way if the thermal protector goes open it just cuts power to the clutch and shuts the compressor down. The Acura compressor has three wires. Wire 1 and 3 go to the thermal protector. Wire 2 is the hot wire going to the clutch then to ground. Wire this way, if the thermal protector goes open it tell the computer to cut power to the compressor. When I first wired the aftermarket compressor up, I thought the three wires coming from the Acura compressor where all the same (since they were all red) so I cut the Acura plug off and soldered all three wires coming from the plug to the one wire coming from the aftermarket compressor. When I started it, it cycle very quickly 4 or 5 times before I shut the car back off. After looking at it more, I reallized all of these wires were not supposed to be wired together as explained above. So now I am searching for what fried because i had 12volts on all three wires. I have check the relays and have replaced and reflashed the ecm since this is what tells the compressor to turn on and off. I am getting crazy cold air out of the vents because the compressor won't shut off. 20°F. The Acura dealer in Austin will not look at it since I don't not have an Acura compressor on it. Please help!!