Park Smart Wall Guard

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Park Smart Wall Guard

OK, maybe i'm too anal, but i have a tight space in my garage, and i'm considering the following product, which seems to be the only thing a google search turns up when searching for this type of product:

http://www.autogeek.net/parsmarwalgu.html

i initially wanted it to protect the bumper when pulling in, just in case i have a close call one day, so if anyone knows of something that i can put on my cinder block wall for this, i'd appreciate it.

but now, after my neighbor parked me in tight tonight, i think i got a little ding on the door edge (touch up pain should fix this i hope???) i'll ask the dealer next time i'm in if it's an easy fix.

anyways, i know you cant keep your paint perfect, but this kinda crap bothers the heck outta me. preventable damage.

anyways, question is, does anyone have this product? do you like it, or not effective? how easy is it to install on cinder blocks (does it stick, or am i drilling something in?)

thanks!
Old 12-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just get it, your gf needs it
Old 12-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Burning Brakes

it can't hurt for its price, basically just try to find anything that is non-concrete should work. Now I'm thinking about it also...but i have a worst problem...i have no front or side room...I need someone to guide me to get close enough for the door to close.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:33 AM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only problem I see is mounting it. If there's someone parking next to you I take it there's not a wall there. How would you use it?
Old 12-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tony4311
The only problem I see is mounting it. If there's someone parking next to you I take it there's not a wall there. How would you use it?
nail it to the other car
Old 12-27-2005, 06:32 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by tony4311

there is a wall on one side of me, so thats taken care of.

they actually sell one that hangs to put between two cars, but that's like $27. considering it because it's an SUV that parks next to me.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:33 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by acn684
it can't hurt for its price, basically just try to find anything that is non-concrete should work. Now I'm thinking about it also...but i have a worst problem...i have no front or side room...I need someone to guide me to get close enough for the door to close.
acn, use the tennis ball trick. hang a tennis ball from the cieling in a place where your windshield will hit it when you have pulled far enough forward. or you can buy one of those sensors. or a parking mat:

http://www.autogeek.net/parsmargarac.html

you have lots of options.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:04 AM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by huckleberry
nail it to the other car
very very nice.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
The indestructible yellow or clear Park Smart Wall Guard comes complete with all the essential hardware to install it on drywall, studs, brick or concrete. Holes are at 16” and 24” intervals for fastening to studs.

Looks like your going to be drilling to install this. But it does look like a nice product.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
The indestructible yellow or clear Park Smart Wall Guard comes complete with all the essential hardware to install it on drywall, studs, brick or concrete. Holes are at 16” and 24” intervals for fastening to studs.

Looks like your going to be drilling to install this. But it does look like a nice product.

i called autogeek, they told me to ask someone at home depot what i can use to stick it to the wall. they said i could probably caulk it, or there might be some other compound plumbers/contractors know about.

might be able to avoid drilling i hope.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:38 AM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by bradykp
i called autogeek, they told me to ask someone at home depot what i can use to stick it to the wall. they said i could probably caulk it, or there might be some other compound plumbers/contractors know about.

might be able to avoid drilling i hope.
Personally, I find even that may be too hard for a wall guard. If I needed one, I'd look for foam sheets from Home Depot and stick them on to the wall, because it's not like they weigh much, so prolly some silicone might even hold it up. Don't know about you, but if my door hit something, I'd rather it be foam than plastic.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by HoRRo
Personally, I find even that may be too hard for a wall guard. If I needed one, I'd look for foam sheets from Home Depot and stick them on to the wall, because it's not like they weigh much, so prolly some silicone might even hold it up. Don't know about you, but if my door hit something, I'd rather it be foam than plastic.

the back side, that sticks to the wall is plastic, the part you would hit is rubber. i'll tell you how they feel when i get em. they seem like a good product from what i;'ve read online, just not many reviews of them.