One Dissatisfied Customer

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry One Dissatisfied Customer

Ok so as i've written before, i've had a poor dealer service at Paragon Acura. There are several things wrong with the car when i got it.
1)The seals around the door are all jutting out and bent out of shape, most likely because they screwed it up while putting on the rain guards (put in before i bought the car).
2) The wind diffuser at the top cracked. The car was 6 weeks old at the time.. dealer blames snowfall for that.. i complain that it's a manufacturer's defect, they said no.. fine i'll give that to them.
3) My steering wheel has sharp corners and parts the jut out all around, needs some fixing i think..
4) The bottom of my left rear door-step has a piece jutting out.
5) My "TSX" emblem is crooked.

So i bring my car in and i ask for a service, they tell me to make an appointment, they were packed. Fine i understand. I come back next week at 8am and drop the car off, and i was told 3 hours it would be ready. Ok so i leave and come back at 11:30 assuming it was ready.. but nope, so i wait and wait and wait... i ask every about 30 minutes if my car was ready and i get a reply "oh we're working on it, just a little longer". Ok i understand, its alright. 3 o'clock comes by and i'm still at the dealership and i'm raising hell. Finally i got my car back just to find that NOTHING was done to it besides the fact that they removed my cracked wind diffuser. "Sorry sir, we didn't have the necessary parts for your repair, come back next week when we've order the parts" and i raised hell yet again.. i spoke the the service manager and i told him i was told that it would take 3 hours, he argued that the service representative said 3 o'clock and not 3 hours, and i said why would i stay around and wait if it was till 3 o'clock? i would have left and done soething with my day and picked it up the next day.. so i said fine and he told me to make an appointment for next week same time. I left the dealership at around 4:30 that day.

I show up 7 days later at 8 am. I pull up and i say i have an appointment and i told them the same exact things needed to be fixed. The service manager comes out and asks me why was i there. I told him what was needed to be fixed. He told me that he fixed it last week and asked why i was there. wtf? I WAS TOLD TO COME BACK! and then he says he got the part last minute and fixed it. I said where? here? does this look fixed to you? and i pulled out part of the panel by the driver's side window. He says well we don't have the parts, leave your name and number and i'll call you back when the parts arrive. it's been about 4 weeks... no phone call, the service manager is a pompous idiot.. he actually told me to stop yelling at him.. i was like i'll yell at you all i want. He was patronizing me because i was 18.

So the point of this thread is.. how can i do something about this? No other dealership will take my warranty repair because the damage was done by paragon.. and the service manger is an ass.. who can i complain to? what would you do in my situation?

-feedback would be much appreciated
Old 04-09-2007, 07:30 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
sounds like a lousy dealer to me. I am lucky the service at the dealer I take my car to (lehigh valley acura) is excellant. I think you should complain to acura client service. you get the # either in your owners manual or under the acura website. do not let them get away with their lousy service.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
You said no other dealership will do the repairs....did you ask them and they said no? If not, call another dealership and explain your situation. And also try Acura customer service.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Pro

i emailed ralleye acura and the woman said that paragon should be responsible for the warranty service since the damage was done under their work... and thanks n2jp
Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 AM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dam man I knew paragon sucked! I'd go back there and raise hell again until I get whats owed to me. If that doesnt work then ill bring some people with picket signs and we will have a protest infront of the dealer.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
check out this thread and see how san-ant went about it. he had an even worse experience.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...mplaint+letter
Old 04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Pro

yeah i've read that thread before.. acura's service departments are really going down the crapper i scheduled an appointment for friday, i'llkeep you guys posted
Old 04-14-2007, 05:44 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by Tsx6363
yeah i've read that thread before.. acura's service departments are really going down the crapper i scheduled an appointment for friday, i'llkeep you guys posted
That complaint letter was against a collision center not an acura dealer. I am happy to say the acura service department (lehigh valley acura in Pa)where I have my car serviced is excellant. good luck to you, i wish you could get the same service as i do
Old 04-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
First off, yelling's not going to resolve anything. Yelling's only going to make you look less mature.

Go to a different dealership.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:31 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
First off, yelling's not going to resolve anything. Yelling's only going to make you look less mature.

Go to a different dealership.
I do agree, yelling does not solve problems it creates more. I know it might be hard but try to remain calm. I guess that is one of the reason I get excellant service. Politeness helps
Old 04-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Perhaps your age is working against you. If you can get your dad or someone adult with good authorititive figure to take the car there do it. This must not happen but that's a life's lesson. If you do not get satisfaction see if you can get a local TV stations's consumer reporter interested in the story. Dealers are scared about bad publicity.

Second, write a polite and firm letter to Acura about the service even after the dealer has fixed all the problems. Do not forget to mention that your life-long decision to buy a Acura and Honda and your recommendation to your friends and family will depend upon how you get treated.