omg i hate acura

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
omg i hate acura

For a week now my a/c been failing on me first it was the compressor coming on and off now its not working.

I took my 04 Tsx back to Park Acura in Akron back in 7/22/2010 to fix get my a/c fix. They specifically said that there is a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty and i only put 10,000 miles on the car since then.
I know this because i sent it to the body shop the day before and they have my odometer reading on the auto-body shop paperwork.

So i took it to Park Acura today, I showed them the paperwork they gave me when they fixed my A/c but when i took it today they cant fix it because they don't have record of my mileage when it was fixed. I showed them my paper work from the dealership and still couldn't accept it because they cant assure that i didn't put any mileage between the 2 days, how would i put 2,000 miles in 1 day.

Also i looked up my Car Fax and no record of it.

I HATE ACURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
I think you mean to say that you hate Park Acura. Talk to the service manager.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:18 AM
ATX
4th Gear

Out for just a week? I wish I were that lucky. See the post about 5 trips, 3 repairs, and $1,200. It's now up to 6 trips and an estimate for an additional $2,400.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ATX
Out for just a week? I wish I were that lucky. See the post about 5 trips, 3 repairs, and $1,200. It's now up to 6 trips and an estimate for an additional $2,400.
lol o yea i saw that lol especially in texas im probly gonna trade in for lexus
Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NWSTL
I think you mean to say that you hate Park Acura. Talk to the service manager.
i did same exact thing
Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Narbin
The A/C can go out in a Lexus, too. You're having a problem with service, not brand. FYI, the A/C problem seems to be an Accord/TSX issue. My TL is fine, therefore I don't hate Acura.

first car driving till it dies
Old 06-17-2011, 12:36 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
just a suggestion-try calling acura client service-Corporate should have a record from service done by acura dealers. I have received a survey from them after I had a annual state inspection.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why would you buy a rebadged Toyota? Save the money and just buy the Toyota, but don't think that just because you bought a Toyota that all your problems went away. Don't forget that Toyota has a new slogan...

Toyota... moving forward whether you want to or not!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:33 AM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Perhaps, the same reason he bought a re-badged Honda (Euro) Accord. Longer warranty and (supposedly) superior customer service.

Narbin, a side note (too late, I know, but)...the dealership's failure to record the mileage simply defaults the coverage to 12 months. They know it but are hoping you don't.

BTW, have you seen the A/C lawsuit claim forms?
Old 12-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by DuckDodgers
Perhaps, the same reason he bought a re-badged Honda (Euro) Accord. Longer warranty and (supposedly) superior customer service.

Narbin, a side note (too late, I know, but)...the dealership's failure to record the mileage simply defaults the coverage to 12 months. They know it but are hoping you don't.

BTW, have you seen the A/C lawsuit claim forms?
Are Acura's rebadged Hondas? Yes. However, they generally aren't referred to as rebadged Hondas here in America because you can't buy the Honda version of the Acura in the States. I routinely sit at lights and see an ES300 next to a Camry and think it's ridiculous. Saying an Acura is a rebadged Honda isn't quite the same thing in the US.

If Acuras were available as Hondas here in the US I would most likely have bought the Honda version and saved the money.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:52 PM

Cali, your point is well taken, but...

Acura MDX is a Honda Pilot with more swoopy clothing.

Acura TSX is a rest of the world Accord, slightly restyled.

The Lexus ES350 is a restyled and up-equiped Camry (see MDX above).

Just because the car isn't offered as a Honda in the US doesn't make it NOT a Honda. It IS a Honda with an improved warranty package and upgraded equipment.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mac Churchill Acura of Fort Worth also has weak ass customer service in my opinion. Although they have won multiple 'customer service' awards. PSHHH. But, I do love my TSXy so far and I would do s much as I humanly can to maintain it and ride 'til the wheels off.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Advanced

Cali, your point is well taken, but...

Acura MDX is a Honda Pilot with more swoopy clothing.

Acura TSX is a rest of the world Accord, slightly restyled.

The Lexus ES350 is a restyled and up-equiped Camry (see MDX above).

Just because the car isn't offered as a Honda in the US doesn't make it NOT a Honda. It IS a Honda with an improved warranty package and upgraded equipment.
I think you guys are missing my point. While an Acura is a rebadged Honda, its a completely different idea of the word rebadged as it applies to Toyota and Nissan.

Honda took cars not available in the US and made them Acuras. So, an Acura is a unique vehicle (there's always an exception as you stated with the MDX). Toyota and Nissan took cars already sold in America and rebadged them as a premium brand. From a marketing point of view its a matter of perception.

I can't drive down the road and pull up next to a Euro Accord with my TSX. I can however sit at a light in a QX4 and have nearly no noticeable difference between it and a Pathfinder. Same for a Camry and ES300.

Now, Nissan and Toyota are moving away from that by creating platforms unique to the luxury brand, but you still have some cars that at the very least are visually similar.

The reason most people don't consider an Acura a rebadged Honda here in the States is that you don't see the Honda version driving around on the street. There's no debate that an Acura is a Honda. Its just that Honda essentially only has one line of cars of which none are doubled up. Right up until you the mistake of the CSX. If you're going to rebadge a Honda here in the States or Canada, why a Civic? That's like trying to polish a turd.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:00 PM

Cali, you miss my point. The three "upmarket" Japanese brands (Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura...in order of public respect) all share certain traits:

1) Increased warranty over "base" brand.

2) Dealerships physically located away from "base" brand.

3) Higher level of customer service (loaner cars, etc.).

4) Higher base level of fitment and standard of finish.

It's at this point that the reskin vs. different model just doesn't matter as much. In fact, Lexus has such a good reputation for reliability BECAUSE it is often a reskinned Toyota. The base Camry is a pretty good "car" (not saying fun to drive or such...but turn the key, it goes, etc.) to base an improved model off. As defects were found in the Camry, you can bet the first changes went into ES300/330/350 parts....just as the lessons from the Camry were certainly applied when modifying the design to become the ES.

That's why Acura did so well with the TSX, the Euro Accord data.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Typical unethical dealer Bullshit. I had a similar issue with a clutch. It's not worth the fight. The dealer has lawyers that will keep you struggling just to read all the motions they file. Take it to a cheap shop and pray it doesn't break again.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:29 AM
it's a car-drive it

Cali, you miss my point. The three "upmarket" Japanese brands (Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura...in order of public respect) all share certain traits:

1) Increased warranty over "base" brand.

2) Dealerships physically located away from "base" brand.

3) Higher level of customer service (loaner cars, etc.).

4) Higher base level of fitment and standard of finish.

It's at this point that the reskin vs. different model just doesn't matter as much. In fact, Lexus has such a good reputation for reliability BECAUSE it is often a reskinned Toyota. The base Camry is a pretty good "car" (not saying fun to drive or such...but turn the key, it goes, etc.) to base an improved model off. As defects were found in the Camry, you can bet the first changes went into ES300/330/350 parts....just as the lessons from the Camry were certainly applied when modifying the design to become the ES.

That's why Acura did so well with the TSX, the Euro Accord data.
The acura dealer I use in NC is next door to their honda dealer.
The honda dealer does provide loaner cars, etc.
Yes the acura, lexus and infiniti have longer warranties but hyundai's is even longer. Hyundai also provides loaner cars
My sister-in-law owned a lexus that was a P.O.S. Her husband's lexus with over 100K miles has been excellent-no problems. I am sure every brand is that way-good and bad.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
Yes the acura, lexus and infiniti have longer warranties but hyundai's is even longer. Hyundai also provides loaner cars
My sister-in-law owned a lexus that was a P.O.S. Her husband's lexus with over 100K miles has been excellent-no problems. I am sure every brand is that way-good and bad.
Yeah, I my Acura dealer in Carlsbad is Hoehn Acura and its one building over from Honda, although I get what he was saying by it not being on the same lot. Although, I don't know what lot placement has to do with being rebadged or not.

Yes, Lexus and others have longer warranties over their base brand, and have loaners and so on, but those aren't free. Everything he listed is paid for by the customer by paying $10K or more for a Camry with Lexus written on it.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:24 AM
heel/toe is my specialty

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am not sure why this 6 month old thread was bumped and how it got so off topic but ill do my part to be just as guilty as the rest.

If you are going to an Acura dealer that does not provide loaners or Acura model loaners for that matter you are making a poor decision and getting ripped off. From your posting history this does not surprise me as it would not be your first of this nature.

I have no clue what you were trying to prove with the statement about Hyundai. Every make/model has strengths and weaknesses. As you stated every brand has good and models and individuals cars for that matter. Reliability data would have you believe that some brands are more reliable than others as a whole. For example according to all the surveys I can find Lexus > Hyundai. This is of course as a whole.

Cali - the whole point of paying "$10k more for the camry with lexus written on it" is for the longer warranty and "free" loaners. This is of course in addition to the various other extras the lexus "camry" comes with as we had discussed in the other thread. Regardless of whether we agree that the Camry and es350 are different cars we do agree that there are differences between them. Are you suggesting that Lexus should sell a car with more features, more warranty, more service, and more prestige than the camry for the same price as the camry? I cant be the only one that thinks this sounds silly.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Red@8
Are you suggesting that Lexus should sell a car with more features, more warranty, more service, and more prestige than the camry for the same price as the camry? I cant be the only one that thinks this sounds silly.
Nope. Didn't even come close to suggesting that. I was just pointing out that the added benefits listed by DuckDodgers aren't free. You pay for those services which is why, in part, the luxury brands cost more.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:45 PM

That's fine Cali...I agree that you are paying for the extras.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If you are going to an Acura dealer that does not provide loaners or Acura model loaners for that matter you are making a poor decision and getting ripped off. From your posting history this does not surprise me as it would not be your first of this nature.
Just noticed this and wanted to ask a question...where in nj2pa2nc's post did you glean that her Acura dealer did not provide loaner cars? (She simply said that the nearby Honda dealer does, and I think she was responding to DuckDodgers saying that lesser-priced brands often do not.)

And maybe I misread your follow-up comment, but that sounded like jump in logic, as well as a bit harsh to me.
nj2pa2nc (12-22-2011)
Old 12-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wasn't the ES300 originally tuned to be "sportier" than its Camry equivalent? I definitely understand the whole reskin thing with the Japanese luxury brands, but at the outset they were unique products- there was no LS400, Legend, or Q45 mainstream equivalent, though eventually as lineups expanded, the mainstream product portfolio was a great place to raid for products.

That said, I would say there was a pretty solid attempt in the ES to differentiate it from the Camry, at least during the 1990s when it was supposedly tuned to be a sportier car until the IS arrived and took over the sport role.

The Infiniti QX4 and I30/I35, however, didn't seem to have any differentiation beyond styling and a couple of features.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:25 AM
heel/toe is my specialty

Originally Posted by Boulder TSX
Just noticed this and wanted to ask a question...where in nj2pa2nc's post did you glean that her Acura dealer did not provide loaner cars? (She simply said that the nearby Honda dealer does, and I think she was responding to DuckDodgers saying that lesser-priced brands often do not.)

And maybe I misread your follow-up comment, but that sounded like jump in logic, as well as a bit harsh to me.

She mentions that the Honda dealer next door provides loaner cars but mentions nothing of her Acura dealer doing the same.

Where in DuckDodgers post does he mention that lesser brands do not offer loaner cars? A "higher level of customer service" means a higher/better type of loaner car to me. Not the difference between no loaner car and some loaner car. If I read it incorrectly and you are correct then by your logic Honda must provide no customer service?!?!?! Their cars have no level of standard fitment and finish!?!?!

I am sorry a post directed at another forum member sounded harsh to you. After reading my initial post again I stand by it.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Racer

She mentions that the Honda dealer next door provides loaner cars but mentions nothing of her Acura dealer doing the same.

Where in DuckDodgers post does he mention that lesser brands do not offer loaner cars? A "higher level of customer service" means a higher/better type of loaner car to me. Not the difference between no loaner car and some loaner car. If I read it incorrectly and you are correct then by your logic Honda must provide no customer service?!?!?! Their cars have no level of standard fitment and finish!?!?!

I am sorry a post directed at another forum member sounded harsh to you. After reading my initial post again I stand by it.
Well, to answer your specific question, nj2pa2nc's post quoted Duck Dodgers, where he said "upmarket" Japanese brands all share certain traits:

"3) Higher level of customer service (loaner cars, etc.)"

The phrase "loaner cars" is right there. Not "better loaner cars".

Now when someone responds that and says yes, the Honda dealer next door to their dealer does offer loaner cars, I don't automatically jump to the conclusion that their Acura dealer does not.

As for the disparaging tone of your comment after that, perhaps there is something I missed about how it was appropriate.

All that aside, I hope that you enjoy some Holiday cheer during the next few days, and maybe we can all spread a little "good will toward men"...

Last edited by Boulder TSX; 12-22-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
it's a car-drive it

Well, to answer your specific question, nj2pa2nc's post quoted Duck Dodgers, where he said "upmarket" Japanese brands all share certain traits:

"3) Higher level of customer service (loaner cars, etc.)"

The phrase "loaner cars" is right there. Not "better loaner cars".

Now when someone responds that and says yes, the Honda dealer next door to their dealer does offer loaner cars, I don't automatically jump to the conclusion that their Acura dealer does not.

As for the disparaging tone of your comment after that, perhaps there is something I missed about how it was appropriate.

All that aside, I hope that you enjoy some Holiday cheer during the next few days, and maybe we can all spread a little "good will toward men"...

Thank you for coming to my defense.
My acura and Hyundai dealer both have loaner cars. The last time we took our '11 sonata in for service we had a full-loaded genesess as a loaner car. Loved the adaptive cruise control and the blind side monitor once I got used to them.
Boulder TSX (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Racer

My pleasure. That's what I thought you meant; that both have loaner cars.

I love the Genesis...that must have been fun to drive while your Sonata was in for service.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:20 PM
heel/toe is my specialty

Thank you for clarifying what nj2x said. I am not sure why she didn't just clarify this herself earlier but regardless. Merry xmas Boulder.
The following 2 users liked this post by Red@8:
Boulder TSX (12-22-2011), nj2pa2nc (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 02:56 PM
it's a car-drive it

Thank you for clarifying what nj2x said. I am not sure why she didn't just clarify this herself earlier but regardless. Merry xmas Boulder.
did not need to-my fan club (LOL) answered for me Merry Christmas-
Old 12-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Pro

Thank you for coming to my defense.
My acura and Hyundai dealer both have loaner cars. The last time we took our '11 sonata in for service we had a full-loaded genesess as a loaner car. Loved the adaptive cruise control and the blind side monitor once I got used to them.
How does the handling of your TSX compare to:

1) 2011 Hyundai Sonata and

2) Hyundai Genesis?

As far as the Genesis, I do know it is a bigger car but try to compare both.

I don't know if both the Sonata and the Genesis have Electric Power Steering as opposed to our TSX with the conventional Power Steering Pump and power steering fluid.

Most of the times in the past, I have not heard good things about Electric power steering. It was one of the chief complaints of people who bought the 2009+ TSX. I also have not heard good things in other car brands that have switched to electric steering.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:37 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by Miamicarfan
How does the handling of your TSX compare to:

1) 2011 Hyundai Sonata and

2) Hyundai Genesis?

As far as the Genesis, I do know it is a bigger car but try to compare both.

I don't know if both the Sonata and the Genesis have Electric Power Steering as opposed to our TSX with the conventional Power Steering Pump and power steering fluid.

Most of the times in the past, I have not heard good things about Electric power steering. It was one of the chief complaints of people who bought the 2009+ TSX. I also have not heard good things in other car brands that have switched to electric steering.
our sonata is the base model with no power seats, cloth seats, no sunroof, etc. Wanted 6MT. It does let you know which gear to be in. The passenger seat is too low and can not be adjusted. Drivers seat can be adjusted.
The Genesis which I misspelled (the old sound it out failed) was excellent. Had fun driving it. It had the back up camera in the nav. So many goodies. As much as it was a great car I still want manual transmission.