Navigation screen only has backlight

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 08:59 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Navigation screen only has backlight

Long story short, jumper cables were hooked up backward. After that, only the backlight works. No image is being displayed.
Radio still plays, HVAC controls are still functional. Just no actual image is being displayed.
Checked the condition of the CD in the trunk, and it looks mint.
I'm not sure if I should throw the $150-200 for a new navigation screen, or try to dig deeper into wiring which I don't really have time for. I believe I checked the correct fuses, and they were fine.
Really running out of ideas here, and I'm not sure what to check.

A shop disconnected the battery during repairs and didn't use a saver, so now it's completely dead and I'm assuming it wants the code.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:37 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I depicted how I have as of late treated my Ridgeline (post-retail remote beginning) and I might want to be aware in the event that anybody has any criticism in regards to my particular issue. In all actuality that assuming there's something in the proprietors manual that I disregarded, do tell. I can't recollect whether I have at any point input the Navi code however I have my showroom card with the two numbers and there are two stickers inside the glove box with both of those two codes also. I was trusting in some way I some way or another switched off the showcase and sound yet I've additionally attempted the reset combo as well(map/guide/cancel)...something like that. At any rate I would like some criticism on my issue assuming anybody brings anything to the table for a route screen that isn't totally dead - it is simply not working. Furthermore, I will download the proprietors manual also. Who knows-perhaps there is an update or a methodology I disregarded.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1