Navigation Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:20 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Problem

Hi all,

It's been a while since I have an 05 TSX with Navi and I have been a loyal "viewer" of this forum (I just recently registered in this forum and this is my first post).

Well; the car itself is just marvelous, love the power, the handling and the finesse it has. I got the car as a result of the accident that I got with my 06 Honda Civic.. Anyway to cut the story short, the car is flawless up until now.

Recently I discovered that when the temperature hits 90+, my navigation system sometimes acts a bit weird. It keeps rebooting itself and aside from that, I knew the problem began when the navigation voice feedback become garbled. I recently found out also that the fan that is located behind the DVD navigation module (that is, the one in trunk) doesn't turn on when I check it. I am not really sure whether it suppose to do that or not

So my question is; has any of you have experienced the same problem like I do? So far I suspect that the temperature is the only culprit for this problem; since when the temperature goes down, the problem disappear altogether.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:07 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Is that "while" that you've owned the car long enough to void warranty? if not go get it checked out.

if your saying that the fan is not working than maybe the unit is over heating and automatically restarting. also check your dvd if its free of any scratches, dirt, etc.

run the diagnostics through pressing (setup+menu+cancel) at the same time. if you say the hands free system is running wrong, pres the talk+hang-up button on the steering wheel at the same time. it should run a test and say "American hands free system is running ok" followed by a interpretation in Japanese.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:00 PM
7th Gear

The warranty does not cover the car anymore; since the mileage is already past 64000 miles. Oh and further information, my car is an 05; so it does not have the handsfree system. I did check the diagnostic system; did every tests available and it said that everything is just OK.

The navigation DVD is also in good condition; no scratch or dirts as far as I concern.

Yeah, so i'm thinking its the fan. That's why i was just wondering whether the fan should go on all the time or just when the unit needs it.. I am thinking of replacing the fan by myself if the fan problem is apparent.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Cruisin'

I HAVE the same problem. It will randomly reboot. Sometimes it will be completely fine. Sometimes it will reboot all the time, even if I keep the screen turned off. Anyone else have this problem? I appreciate the help!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by slickrab
if your saying that the fan is not working than maybe the unit is over heating and automatically restarting. also check your dvd if its free of any scratches, dirt, etc.
I would assume first that it is overheating. The fan may work intermittantly though, meaning it may not come on if it doesnt need to, so just because it isnt running when you check doesnt mean it is broken. Never investigated mine though so I don tknow how its supposed to work. But that would explain the rebooting only, you also said the voice is garbled. Maybe loose wires? I would check that the plugs on the back are all in completely and that none of the wires are loose. Maybe unplug them and plug them back in to make sure they are fully seated.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:13 AM
Cruisin'

I Fixed Mine Today! There is a technical bulletin (page 2)
http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/B080400.PDF

All I did was clean my negative battery cable with rubbing alcohol. It went from 0.31 volts to .09 volts!

I also realized it wasn't the navi because my electronics kept restarting after I disconnected the 2 cables from the back of navigation DVD drive.

Thanks for this message board!