Navigation not working - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Possessed with my Schemes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation not working - Need Advice

On the ride home today my navigation stopped working. The "Earth" screen shows up, then the nag screen, but nothing happens when I press the OK button and then the nav goes to sleep. Pressing the touch screen or any of the buttons does not get it to turn on. I quickly brought it to an Acura dealership that was on my way home and they said it was probably a loose connection and they would have to take it apart. They also said it was probably caused by the audio place that installed my SHOND3 and my XM and ipod hookups.

My question is does that seem plausible or just an excuse? I would think that regardless or whether the SHOND3 is recognized or not, the navigation should still work. For those who have installed this is there anything in the installation process that could make the navigation not work? The XM and ipod have been working fine for a while, so this seems strange. I need to bring the car to a different dealership closer to my house in the coming days so I want to have some knowledge when I bring it in. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
When the place installed your audio equipment, did they remove the center console with the nav screen? If they did, it is possible that they failed to properly attach one of the harnesses and, as a result, your nav has stopped working for the moment.

If not, well, we'll have to see what your dealer comes up with.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Possessed with my Schemes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
When the place installed your audio equipment, did they remove the center console with the nav screen? If they did, it is possible that they failed to properly attach one of the harnesses and, as a result, your nav has stopped working for the moment.

If not, well, we'll have to see what your dealer comes up with.
Not sure if they removed it or not. One of those things where I dropped it off and picked it up a couple hours later. I've had the XM for 1.5 years with no problems, and the ipod has been hooked up for about 2 months without issues either. Like you say, maybe I'll just have to wait and see. I'm just hoping its not one of those cases where each party blames the other party and I'm left in the middle having pay the price.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
dealerships always seem to find other reasons and always make it seem like its "your" fault that something went wrong...my friend took his car in cause his reverse light went out(under warranty)...they said it went out cause he put in an after market stereo...