Navigation backlight only

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 04:22 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Navigation backlight only

I made a massive mistake and hooked the jumper cables up backward, now the navigation screen is black aside from the backlight. No response when buttons are pressed. I checked the DVD in the trunk and it’s in mint condition, though I didn’t check the player itself other than the eject button. HVAC controls on the navigation assembly work fine. Really at a loss here.
If I were to replace the unit with one I purchase used online, it’ll be locked with a code, right? That’s why I’ve hesitated to purchase one because it’s a paperweight at that point.

Thanks in advance!
(06' TL)

Old 08-09-2023, 07:26 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EDIT: It won't let me edit the post apparently. I spoke with Acura and they can get me the unlock code if I provide the serial number on the new unit. I believe the best course is to buy a used one and replace it. Per diagnostic instructions I found, if all else is okay and the backlight illuminates without actually displaying anything then it needs to be replaced. If the replacement has the same issue then it's something far deeper and I'll have a spare.