Navi Lockup Fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi Lockup Fix

Well as some of you know, I've expressed my frustrations before about the Navi lockup problem. For those that don't know what this is, I'll explain.

Basically the navi will not let you proceed the OK screen. You try hitting the
OK button by either touch screen or joystick and nothing happens. Only fix action is too turn off/on your car and try again. Problem is random. Sometimes I can go months w/o seeing it and sometimes twice in a day. There is no way to duplicate it on purpose at this time.

When I first got the car, I noticed it in the first week and took it in. Luckily it happened on my way there. I showed to the dealer, but they said this was normal and to not worry cuz they couldn't duplicate it.

Second time I took it in, they said we just can't duplicate it, sorry.

Third time same thing, but after a week the customer service guy gave me call and asked me about the problem. I explained it to him and he said he'd talk to the service mgr and call me back.

Well a few days after I got a call from head forman which talked to the #1 guy in Acura that deals with the navigations systems. That supertech advised him he'd seen this before and the fix was to replace the display of the navigation system. The forman asked for the 4 digit code just under the dispaly to the left so he could order the part.

Those guys at Leith Acura Raleigh, NC know how to take care of their customers. I've never had a dealer work so much behind the scenes without pushing them to do so. They said "we don't like seeing customers come back over and over with the same problem"

I take my car in tommorow afternoon and it'll be ready by Wed. I hope this fixes my lockup issue. I'll keep this thread posted with my results.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:03 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
So what was your code? (As we alljot down ours...)

Hope that fixes it.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by elduderino
So what was your code? (As we alljot down ours...)

Hope that fixes it.

My code is 7GA0. That's the model # they used to order my new display. Hope that helps. It would be interesting if everyone with the lockup issue had the same code.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Intermediate

Alright picked up the car today. Here's what the Invoice said

A CK NAVI INOP
010199 REMOVED AUDIO UNIT AND REPLACED NAVI
DISPLAY.
190 WH3
1 39811-SEC-A81 DISPLAY UNIT
FC: 03214
PART# 39811-SEC-A81
COUNT:
CLAIM TYPE 01201
AUTH CODE: 11865-4220

Now I have to wait a month or two to see if this fixed my lockup problem. Problem is so random, I've gone months w/o seeing a lockup.