Low beam passenger side hid headlight

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 10:04 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Low beam passenger side hid headlight

Hi, im having a strange issue with my passenger side low beams, so this all started when i had horrible condensation in the headlight and i never got around to fixing it until the headlight went out and i assumed hey its probably time to fix the issue and get new bulbs(i assumed this was the issue). SO i bought a 4 pack 112 gram silica gel packet and stuffed it in the headlight housing with double sided tape, let 2-3 days go by and the housing dried out ( florida heat) and did the following :

1. Bought new bulbs and put them in = passenger side still not working

2.. During this time i took out the passenger headlight and tried unplugging and re plugging everything, which lead to my "Under the hood, fuse box #1 (headlight low)" popping

3. Bought an aftermarket ballast and installed it = passenger side working for about a week and then started to only work some of the time until it finally stopped working completely

4. So i order a new OEM ballast that should arrive in a week, now still frustrated i look online and saw people mentioning to swap headlight bulbs to see if its truly the ballast. So i did and its working again but only some of the time. so if i turn it on 5 times, it might turn on 1-2 times. So once again i swap bulbs and still the same issue.

Now im left wondering if its the aftermarket ballast thats garbage OR if i now have a ground issue?

Old 05-31-2020, 10:27 AM
Intermediate

EDIT 1: So i just noticed that even though i swapped the bulbs the passenger is A LOT dimmer than the driver side regardless of which bulbs!
Old 06-01-2020, 05:07 PM
Intermediate

EDIT 2:

So today a mechanic friend came over and we tried EVERYTHING

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

** WE CHECKED GROUND ISSUES WITH A METER AND EVEN CLEANING THE CONNECTION**
1. Swapping ignitors = same problem
2. Swapping ballasts = same problem
3. Mixing the ignitor of the driver side to the driver side = same problem...
4. Trying the driver side headlight on the passenger side headlight = annnd we find that the headlight it self is the issue because the passenger side STILL did the same issue even when we swapped the bulbs themselves

were not sure why this is but im just happy to find out that the HEADLIGHT IS THE ISSUE

So with that in mind, i guess im just going to just get the aftermarket
arcani headlights arcani headlights
Old 06-01-2020, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,709 Likes on 6,716 Posts
chances are you burned the bowl of the interior projector, hence the dimmer output. Personally, I'd prefer to keep it OEM and replace the projector, but that involves baking the headlight, taking it apart and i can understand if some aren't up to that task . TSX projectors are pretty easy to come by as well.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:31 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thoiboi
chances are you burned the bowl of the interior projector, hence the dimmer output. Personally, I'd prefer to keep it OEM and replace the projector, but that involves baking the headlight, taking it apart and i can understand if some aren't up to that task . TSX projectors are pretty easy to come by as well.
May i have a part number?

I tried looking up via my vin on an acura parts website i use and cant find it