Keyless remote issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006 | 09:02 AM
Pro TSX user

Question Keyless remote issues

Hello to all! I recently got an 04 TSX and it had no remotes, so I bought one, programmed, it would lock the car and open the trunk, but would NOT unlock the car. So I bought another remote - same story.

Anybody had similar issues with their remotes? I have a remote with a seat memory, used in newer model, but it should work fine on mine. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2006 | 12:17 AM
Summer is Coming

Hmmm... I wonder why the car did not come with the remotes??? Seems like the previous owner would have been using them. I suspect whoever sold you the car "lost" the remotes because the UNLOCK was not functioning. Assuming you programmed the transmitters properly, and they LOCK and OPEN the trunk (Did you try the PANIC button too?) that there may be a fault in the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit located inside the left kick panel. There are a series of tests listed in the Helms manual that can be done if you remove the multiplex unit, but the system is not trivial and connects to sensors all around the car. The fault might be anywhere. If the fault is there you may need to have the dealer look into it. They can hook up the HDS and maybe it will report a fault.

The Helms manual says you can press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote 5 or 6 times to "reset" the transmitter. Worth a try.

Other than that, and trying the program again, I don't have a clue for you. Sorry.
Old 10-27-2006 | 05:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Short of the locks not working, I've never heard of this. In all the key mods I've done, I've never run into this when using the transmitter from the Accord key. I know the 06-07 transmitters do send extra code to tell Driver1/2 and that may be a reason.
Old 10-27-2006 | 08:54 AM
Pro TSX user

Thanks guys for the input. Rocket_man, could you post or e-mail me few pages from Helm on this topic? THanks much in advance!

Unlike most people, I got my car with no keys, or remotes. I am one of those people who does not go to the dealer unless I absolutely have to. And I feel really good about it.
Old 10-28-2006 | 12:21 AM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by NYSTTSX
Thanks guys for the input. Rocket_man, could you post or e-mail me few pages from Helm on this topic? THanks much in advance!

Unlike most people, I got my car with no keys, or remotes. I am one of those people who does not go to the dealer unless I absolutely have to. And I feel really good about it.
There is not just one page of this, it is several. And in order to do the "testing" you would need to get access to the unit and the harnesses connected to it. Doesn't look like a five minute test. You would also need a multi-meter.
Old 10-30-2006 | 09:24 AM
Pro TSX user

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
There is not just one page of this, it is several. And in order to do the "testing" you would need to get access to the unit and the harnesses connected to it. Doesn't look like a five minute test. You would also need a multi-meter.
Multi-meter? What is that? Oh, that is a simple thing with two wires, dial and a digital display? I remember! I guess most people are not using logic analyzer, bus analyzer, oscilloscope, and things like that. I do. Most people do not even own an OBDII scanner. I guess my definition of complex is different. Anyway, thanks for difficult answer.

Hope this answer will be sufficient. I received a keyless remote without memory seat feature, and it work just fine.

Lesson learned: if you have an 04 model, and no remote, or just want to get additional remote unit, buy one with NO seat memory. The units have identical FCC ID, so that does not help, but one would have SEAT 1 or SEAT 2, which is intended to be used on vehicle with seat memory.

I am not saying it will not work, but it did not work for me - unlock function was not working.

Cheers!
Old 10-30-2006 | 12:43 PM
3rd Gear

Hi NYSTTSX ! , I been browsing this forum for about half a year now, but I never got to write anything , exactly now I am instaling an AvicN1 unit in my car and had came to my computer to find the schematics of the HU OEM wires. As it happened, I run in to your thread, and gess what, I have the same exactly the same problem.
I own a TSX 04, just got it about half a year ago... I bought 2 remotes from ebay..
1 with 2 set memory, 2nd with 1 set memory....on bouth close, open trunk , and panic works.. put open doesn't...

Could you pls tell me.. did the one without any set memory work for you? I will need to buy one also if so... Thanks ..Greatings!!
Old 10-30-2006 | 09:15 PM
Let me help you!

Originally Posted by NYSTTSX
Multi-meter? What is that? Oh, that is a simple thing with two wires, dial and a digital display? I remember! I guess most people are not using logic analyzer, bus analyzer, oscilloscope, and things like that. I do. Most people do not even own an OBDII scanner. I guess my definition of complex is different. Anyway, thanks for difficult answer.
Ahh, I miss using those equipment. I had fun. I don't want to buy one to play with though because I won't be using it as much.
Old 10-31-2006 | 07:32 AM
Pro TSX user

Originally Posted by kamil_NJ
Hi NYSTTSX ! , I been browsing this forum for about half a year now, but I never got to write anything , exactly now I am instaling an AvicN1 unit in my car and had came to my computer to find the schematics of the HU OEM wires. As it happened, I run in to your thread, and gess what, I have the same exactly the same problem.
I own a TSX 04, just got it about half a year ago... I bought 2 remotes from ebay..
1 with 2 set memory, 2nd with 1 set memory....on bouth close, open trunk , and panic works.. put open doesn't...

Could you pls tell me.. did the one without any set memory work for you? I will need to buy one also if so... Thanks ..Greatings!!
kamil, actually you are not too bad and likely will not need to buy/sell youre remotes. Here is what you do.

I had two remotes in front of me and few minutes to play with them. Funny, they are pretty much identical, FCC numbers, and even part numbers inside on the PCB are identical, so if you mix them, they are hard to tell apart besides the Seat 1 or Seat 2 that are printed on the back.

It tells to press Lock and Unlock simultaneously. You actually hold it for 3 seconds or more, and then you see the light blink. It either gives you one long blink or two short ones. It appears that it is toggling between seat memory option being on/off.

The trick is, once you have it turned off, it will work on your car. I don't remember which blink represents what, but if yours does not work, press and hold those two buttons (Lock and Unlock), get the blink, release them, then program the remote to your TSX, and at that point it should do everything.

Apparently when you have the seat memory option On (the default state those remotes come), there is an additional signal being sent to the vehicle to differentiate which remote it is, 1 or 2, and 04 TSX simply is not capable to distinguish the unlock signal from unlock+seat_memory signal, and therefore completely ignores it. So you end up only being able to lock, trunk and panic sice there is no seat memory signal tacked on to those buttons.

Hope this is the most complete and detailed explanation once and for all.

Cheers!
Old 11-01-2006 | 08:39 PM
3rd Gear

Thank you! NYSTTSX....

your nr 1 !

NYSTTSX, I THANK YOU GREATLY for this info , belive me.. I made a huge resarch about this problem and couldnt have it figured out.
First I spend $40 on 1st 2seat mem. remote , didnt work , then spend another $30 on 1st mem. remote , didn't work....
went to Acura dealer TWICE ..I lost time..moreover they didn't know wats wrong.. told me to older new remote for $136!!! , went to me local electronics instal tech. He said that prabably the computer on bord is dead, told me to get new car alarm from his place ..and he is going to charge me with instalation only $400 ...
In the mean time I did SO MUCH RESARCH .. didnt find nothing...

As you told me.. everything worked!!!
You have saved me so much time and money....THANK U VERY MUCH!

....now I have only ane more question...
NYSTTSX... where the hell did you find this info in?????....
for me it seams like your the only one, who knows that trick with the fab...
I realy did my HW and made a LOT of reaserch..but wosnt able to find nothing....
Old 11-02-2006 | 09:23 AM
Pro TSX user

kamil, I am glad to help. I tell you, unfortunately, the dealer often times has no clue about simple things. I did some research and experimentation, and figured out the answers with what I had. I guess it helps being a type of person who likes to push the envelope and learn something new every day.

Cheers!