Interior Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008 | 03:28 PM
Intermediate

Interior Noise

I was doing some online research on some interior noises, when I stumbled upon this forum. I have a stock 2006 tsx w/Navi with two main noises that I would like to fix.

1. I've noticed that there is a faint, yet clearly noticeable noise coming from what appears to be the center area, either from the shift knob, the center AC vents, or somewhere inbetween. The noise only occurs during take off and sometimes during an absolute stop. I get a feeling that there is a loose piece somewhere in the "center" area thats need to be tightened, seeing how it only happens during the initial acceleration and sometimes during absolute stop.

The sound can be described as a dull click that kind of sounds like a marble being dropped onto a table.

2. There is also a noise coming from the passenger side (possibly door). The noise can be described as a rattle that only occurs sometimes when the road is slightly bumpy. Right now i'm thinking its coming from the A-pillar but i'm not sure yet.

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd be greatly appreciated. I had an Acura dealer take a look at it and they said they couldn't hear the noises, which kind of annoys me. Hopefully you guys know what it is so i can get it fixed.
Old 07-29-2008 | 04:52 PM
Safety Car

I believe the center concole noise you may be hearing is the shift lockout mechanism - see if you hear while sitting in your parked car by applying the brakes.
Old 07-29-2008 | 05:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by miner
I believe the center concole noise you may be hearing is the shift lockout mechanism - see if you hear while sitting in your parked car by applying the brakes.
thanks for the feedback. i'm not sure if that'd be the case because the noise wouldn't i be hearing the noise even at an idle state? Let me describe the noise through a scenario...

Lets say I pull out of the driveway (reverse). So I first put the shifter in R and reverse out of the drive way. Then I turn the wheel to get on the road and put the car into D to go forward. Maybe half a second after hitting the gas, the noise happens.

Maybe its possible that the locking mechanism is loose. i'll give it a try when i get home.
Old 07-29-2008 | 09:42 PM
Instructor

The ABS does a self test during the first few seconds you move forward in drive. Makes a clunk, or growling noise I believe. More about it in the manual if I remember correctly. Look under ABS.
Old 07-30-2008 | 09:13 AM
1st Gear

Interior Noise

I hear that noise too, but mainly when the car has been sitting in the sun and the interior is fairly warm. After a few minutes of it running, it goes away. Not sure what it is either.
Old 07-31-2008 | 09:38 AM
4th Gear

Interesting, I hear the noise (seems like coming from the driver and passenger-side doors) when I start in the morning. Seems fine later in the day when the car has been in th sun...
Old 08-01-2008 | 05:44 PM
Advanced

I don't have the center console noise, but I sure do have the rattling from the doors (actually both driver and passenger) on bumpier pavement. I think it's the door locks (try holding them down when you're over bumpy pavement). There is a SB out on a rattle from the door from a few months ago also, if I recall correctly.