I think my dealer screwed up my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005 | 09:49 PM
Instructor

I think my dealer screwed up my car

Well last Thursday I bring my car in for the buzzing speaker TSB. They call me in the afternoon and they told me they broke the door panel so they had to order a new one. So I was stuck with my crappy CL loaner overnight (no big deal i guess). So I pick it up on Friday, noticed the power window panel wasn't installed all the way in, so I just snap it in place. Also noticed the armrest cover wasn't snuggly flush with the rest of the arm. I guess no big deal. I then went on to test the sound. The buzzing was gone, but now I have door panels rattling like crazy!! I was feeling around the panel checking if it was all put back right and I noticed when I pressed the area just above the courtesy light on the passenger door that it just caved right in like nothing was supporting it behind it. Check the driver's door and that area is rock solid. Can you guys do me a favor and push that area right above the passenger door panel light panel and see how solid it feels. I believe there should be a piece of foam behind the door. I saw it in one the pics posted for door panel removal. This really sucks Im going to call them Monday and demand satisfaction! Oh by the way it's Open Road Acura in East Brunswick.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2005 | 12:27 AM
Cruisin'

hmm i bought my acura at open road.
i'll check that in the morning and let you know
Old 04-17-2005 | 01:47 AM
VP Electricity

Hey, we got our car back late Friday for the HU TSB where the dash diaplay goes out. THe ticket reads "Customer states warped dash trim over glove box". We never said any such thing and there is a gap above the trim in the corner where the ac vent meets the dash pad and the trim. I think they scratched it taking the HU out.
Old 04-17-2005 | 12:07 PM
Drifting

everyone seems to be having such a problem with the buzzing of the door speakers and having acura fix them. im just going to dynamatt my entire car. def complain if you aren't happy with the job they did-it isn't worth having problems down the road and being unhappy
Old 04-17-2005 | 06:19 PM
Littering and.....

Originally Posted by ZtotallynakedZ
everyone seems to be having such a problem with the buzzing of the door speakers and having acura fix them. im just going to dynamatt my entire car. def complain if you aren't happy with the job they did-it isn't worth having problems down the road and being unhappy

I did the same exact thing. Seems to have worked!
Old 04-17-2005 | 06:49 PM
Instructor

edited (pics) fixed the door panel!

ok today was a nice day so i said, you know what screw this im gonna fix this myself. i bought about 20 sheets of felt from the local crafts store and got to work. the panels are really easy to remove. if people are afraid to do it i suggest they see for themselves how easy it is. i didn't even bother posting pics of the actual removal, they were off in like 5 mins. after i had everything off i saw that the stupid dealer broke some clips off my arm rest cover and power window switch cover. after i had the cover i saw why i had a lot of rattling. #1 one the clips was not secure it was just sitting there bouncing around and #2 the same thing about the screw that goes in the arm. so i decided to just put felt where i think it would help dampen the noise. i didn't get a chance to snap the passenger door with the panel off but i did get the driver's door. the dealer did pretty much the same thing for the passenger side. i also took off the rear door because i had some noise from there. it is currently much better than before. oh well what ya gonna do right? at least im not going back to the dealer. i really should send them a bill for my car wash, which the stupid dealer forgot!

Old 04-17-2005 | 07:24 PM
VP Electricity

Uhhh... there is a nice DIY post in the AV forum on exactly how to pull the F door panels. He's right it's not that hard.

I use Cascade Audio gasket foam for the same application - it's cheap, and lighter than felt...