hmm.clutch and flywheel probs...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008 | 05:23 PM
Racer

Question hmm.clutch and flywheel probs...

2004 6spd-
had a clutch and flywheel installed before i drove out to cali about 2 months ago. During the drive it would get super notchy and stubborn so i'd stop at a rest stop and bleed it. (I'd have the girls i was following get in and pump the clutch as i cracked the bleeder open and closed)
Anyways, it was an RSX Competiton Clutches stage 1(?) clutch (20% more holding then stock but nothing big) w/ an RSX 11lbs steel flywheel.

I've bled the hell out of the clutch at my shop with a vaccum bleeder and went through one of those real big bottles of brake fluid. Changed trans. fluid 3x (1st was honda fluid, then BG fluid, now Redline) Each time it has been changed, the oil is perfectly clean, no odd smells or metal or anything.

Basically, the trans is a b*tch to get into gear almost all the time. Rarely now, the clutch works fine w/ no probs but 99% of the time it's super hard to get into gear. Sometimes i get locked out of 1st and 2nd at a stop light. So i'm sitting there, fighting the damn thing sitting at a green light. It'll even scratch going into 4th and 5th gear sometimes. Also noticed that it's almost easier to rev match and put it in gear w/out the clutch sometimes. Basically 1st and 2nd-nightmare & 3-6 are just a b*tch.

I assume the problem is w/ the clutch but what could be wrong with it that is causing this? install wrong? defective part? I put almost a 1000 miles on it before i even pushed the car so i know i broke it in properly. It was still notchy brand new but now it's stupid hard. It's actually really pissing me off.

Where can i go to have it checked out and replaced? I live in Walnut creek, CA.
Comp. Clutch is suppose to be sending me a new clutch and also a flywheel just in case it chewed up the one in the car now but i still need someone/someplace to change it out for me. Suggestions?
Could it be because it's an RSX combo? I've heard plenty of people using them so i don't think thats it but who knows. I take damn good care of the care and i don't race it. Occasional spirited driving through the twisty's, yes, but never have i went out and banged gears in this thing.

ANY help is GREATLY appreciated.
Hmmm...is The rsx Type S trans a direct bolt in? I know the gearing is shorter