GPS, Navigation input problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 02:24 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GPS, Navigation input problems?

Hello,
Has anyone come across this problem? I tried to search for a street the otherday - town was Doylestown, PA. When I was prompted to enter the city I entered - D, O, Y. After the Y the 'L' was removed therefore I could not enter Doylestown. I checked that it is listed on the map, then tried to search for a city. This works and I can enter Doylestown here. I've tried several times to make sure I wasn't crazy. Just wanted to see if there were other cities/problems such as this before I go running to the dealer for help.

Thanks,
Rich Z
Old 09-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Cruisin'

So far I haven't had any problems yet, most probably it might be a software issue with the GPS, personallly I'd take it to the dealer
Old 09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Quattro in.....

Originally Posted by rzam24k
I tried to search for a street the otherday - town was Doylestown, PA. When I was prompted to enter the city I entered - D, O, Y. After the Y the 'L' was removed therefore I could not enter Doylestown.
So you are able to enter the street and then had to enter the city and the GPS didn't find the city? Did you have the GPS set to the correct state?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by Viking
So you are able to enter the street and then had to enter the city and the GPS didn't find the city? Did you have the GPS set to the correct state?
I made that mistake a few times when I was first playing around with my nav system... I'd input streets that I knew for a fact were around for years (since the nav discs only show streets/businesses/etc. that have been around for at least 2 years), and couldn't find them! Then, I realized that my state was set to AL. It finally hit me when I tried searching for restaurants in the area, and it told me I had to drive 1,000 miles for some Chinese food
Old 09-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Looking at the '15 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rzam24k
Hello,
Has anyone come across this problem? I tried to search for a street the otherday - town was Doylestown, PA. When I was prompted to enter the city I entered - D, O, Y. After the Y the 'L' was removed therefore I could not enter Doylestown. I checked that it is listed on the map, then tried to search for a city. This works and I can enter Doylestown here. I've tried several times to make sure I wasn't crazy. Just wanted to see if there were other cities/problems such as this before I go running to the dealer for help.

Thanks,
Rich Z
The official name of the town may not be Doylestown. This has happened in a number of areas. It is always better to enter an address by street name and then choose from available towns. If the town is not listed as Doylestown try to find an alternate, nearby city. For instance, if Doylestown is near Pittsburgh try searching in Pittsburgh.

It has been noted before that there are discrepencies in how some addresses are stored in the database. Most recently, I believe someone was looking for something using New York as the city name and the database had it listed as Brooklyn, or something similar.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Looking at the '15 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Viking
If you are able to enter by street name then you should be presented with a scrollable list of cities that contain that street name.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
So, do you like...stuff?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hey i am from about 20 min away from Doylestown. why doesnt anybody with nav just try to search for something in that town on their screen to see if they have the same problem? i will search after work for you.