front passenger door won't lock or unlock with power, only manual. - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

front passenger door won't lock or unlock with power, only manual.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:42 AM

front passenger door won't lock or unlock with power, only manual.

Can anyone tell me which fuse i would replace on a 2004 TSX for the power locks? All my doors but this one are working normal. I have to manually lock and unlock my front passenger door. Before i go replacing anything i wanted to check the fuse for the power locks but not sure which one it is. I have googled and have not found much in the way of help. Hoping someone on here can help. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

If the other door locks are working normally it's not going to be a fuse. There isn't a fuse for each door, may not be just a fuse for the door looks only.
Chances are the door lock actuator is bad. Take the door panel apart. Buy a 12v car tester, unplug the wire that goes to the lock, ground the tester then stick the pointy end of it into the socket of the plug.
Then try the locks. If the tester lights up, you know it's the actuator. If it doesn't light up, it's not getting power.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

2 clicks

Originally Posted by Jcc0710 View Post
Can anyone tell me which fuse i would replace on a 2004 TSX for the power locks? All my doors but this one are working normal. I have to manually lock and unlock my front passenger door. Before i go replacing anything i wanted to check the fuse for the power locks but not sure which one it is. I have googled and have not found much in the way of help. Hoping someone on here can help. Thank you in advance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2004...w=1133&bih=526

You're welcome.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:03 PM
Get Out Of The Left Lane!

Originally Posted by Joecop67 View Post
If the other door locks are working normally it's not going to be a fuse. There isn't a fuse for each door, may not be just a fuse for the door looks only.
Chances are the door lock actuator is bad. Take the door panel apart. Buy a 12v car tester, unplug the wire that goes to the lock, ground the tester then stick the pointy end of it into the socket of the plug.
Then try the locks. If the tester lights up, you know it's the actuator. If it doesn't light up, it's not getting power.
^^^^ This
Old 04-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Location: In a warm place (except for the winter of 2017/2018)
Originally Posted by Jcc0710 View Post
Welcome to the forums.

This thread has been moved to the model specific forum for better response.