dome light problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
dome light problem

I had my blue LEDs that i got from superbrightleds.com in my car for awhile. for the first two months, it was working fine, but until recently, the passenger dome light is always off when i open the door but occasionally comes on. My right is on most of the time except for sometimes when i unlock my car and open it only the rear light turns on and both the front dome lights dont even turn. I dont think its a fuse problem because I used to have the lights from tec_toyz and had the same problem. So anyone have this same problem? What can I do?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you tried switching it around because LED bulb are polerize even if you turn your light off it will glow a little because LED take little power to light up...but all in al try switching the bulb around fron to back maybe its a bad bulb starting to go
Old 07-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had the same issue
i jsut removed and reinstalled the bulbs and after 2-3 days, it was gone
so far no more issues with teh lights
Old 11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Intermediate

I'm having the same problem. I blew the fuse today and replaced it. Now the passenger side dome light will turn on manually, but will not turn on automatically when the door is open. I switched the bulbs around and the problem was not fixed.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Did switching the bulbs around work for anyone else who had this problem?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Pro

my 2 friends and i have the same problem ( all TSX)

it's also funny how in all of our cars, the passenger side map light( dome light) is out, and driver side is fine.

we all use the white LEDs, 4 LEDs or 8 LEDs. as mentioned, it has to do with the power usage of those lights, because when i replaced the passenger side map light to stock yellow bulb, it was working fine.

Just replace with another LED won't solve the problem in my opinion, because it will obviously happen again....

knowing that the car is not the problem (the LED is the problem), i usually leave it like that - - ; when i really need to, i can replace it with stock in 2 seconds.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Mugen freak

Ive got the same issue with my blue LEDs, the passenger dome light wont turn on at all
Old 11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jaehshim
my 2 friends and i have the same problem ( all TSX)

it's also funny how in all of our cars, the passenger side map light( dome light) is out, and driver side is fine.

we all use the white LEDs, 4 LEDs or 8 LEDs. as mentioned, it has to do with the power usage of those lights, because when i replaced the passenger side map light to stock yellow bulb, it was working fine.

Just replace with another LED won't solve the problem in my opinion, because it will obviously happen again....

knowing that the car is not the problem (the LED is the problem), i usually leave it like that - - ; when i really need to, i can replace it with stock in 2 seconds.
So when you replaced just the passenger side with the stock bulb it worked again? When I replaced the passenger side with the stock bulb, it still did not work. I haven't tried replacing both the map lights with the stock bulbs.

One other thing, do you have to click the passenger side map light several times to get it to work? It takes three clicks for the light to come on. Also the driver side light will flicker sometimes when I try to turn on the passenger side light.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Intermediate

Just tried replacing both bulbs to stock and the passenger side still doesn't work. Anyone else have any idea what this could be? Will this be covered under warranty? If not, can I go anywhere other than the dealership to get this fixed?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Burning Brakes

i had this problem, but i took out my LED and re-seated it, and it's been working fine now. for the record, i had my problem on the driver's side.

i don't know if they're the exact same issues, but it would come on every once in a while for a while, but then stopped coming in at all until i took it out and re-seated it
Old 11-19-2007, 08:31 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmmm, Can someone chime in with LED's in their dome that has been working for a long time?

Has everyone been using these 3022 9LED's for their domes?

I'm planning on getting white LED's in the front dome.

These should be brighter since they are the WHP LED's
Old 11-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by tsx1982
I'm having the same problem. I blew the fuse today and replaced it. Now the passenger side dome light will turn on manually, but will not turn on automatically when the door is open. I switched the bulbs around and the problem was not fixed.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Did switching the bulbs around work for anyone else who had this problem?

Try flicking the switch on the door jamb that gets actuated when the door is opened/closed. The one for my rear passenger side door has stuck a couple times in the last few days.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:19 PM
for EVER more!

i have a problem with my map lights. after i put blue led's in, when you hit the lens to make the light go on, sometimes it falls out. I'm wonder if i snapped something...any one know where i can get replacements without getting raped?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:35 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by tsx1982
Just tried replacing both bulbs to stock and the passenger side still doesn't work. Anyone else have any idea what this could be? Will this be covered under warranty? If not, can I go anywhere other than the dealership to get this fixed?
I'm having a similar issue with my 2005TSX I measured the voltages while actuating the door switches and they are working correctly. However when I tap the switch inside the dome light I can get it to go intermittent. It looks like there is an issue with the push button switch inside the dome light that is becoming intermittent.
Try removing the lens and tapping the switch itself.
I wonder if the switch is failing because it doesn't get used? I've never turned on my map lights...
Old 11-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
The thread is like 3 years old. Posters may have moved on. Gee, after 5 1/2 years and 132K miles, my interior lights still work fine. Oh, they're OE by the way. Notice a common thread here...... everyone having trouble mucked around with replacement lights.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:24 AM
1st Gear

I've had the same problem with the passenger side door dome light.
Has anyone tried to remove the push button switch? anyone know how to? When i wiggle that push button with the door open, it seems the map/dome light on the passenger side intermittently works.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:59 AM
6th Gear

I'm having the same problem! But its my driver side map light it works once i click it but not when I open the doors. I changed all of the lights from the OEM yellow lights to Blue LEDs.. now all this started a few months before i changed them from the OEM to the LEDs... The dealership is saying i have to replace the whole unit! (few hundred bucks) Anyone figured out how to fix this without getting ripped off?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Adrizzzle
I'm having the same problem! But its my driver side map light it works once i click it but not when I open the doors. I changed all of the lights from the OEM yellow lights to Blue LEDs.. now all this started a few months before i changed them from the OEM to the LEDs... The dealership is saying i have to replace the whole unit! (few hundred bucks) Anyone figured out how to fix this without getting ripped off?
So I haven't replaced mine with LED's or anything just OEM bulbs when the originals burned out. It's a problem with the grounding of the unit (dealer has been saying). Others on TSX club have said it's an issue with the switch inside the unit. You can get it all apart and try to fix it yourself, live with it, or pay a buttload and have dealer fix it. I'll just live with it.

But keep in mind not all of us use LED's. My car is all stock.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Cruisin'

I have the same problem with the passenger side bulb. My car has OEM bulbs.