Deep Scratch HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Deep Scratch HELP

When I was washing this evening I noticed a hair like substance on my rear side passenger bumper close to the tire. I immediately realized it was a deep scratch. It looks like a knife/key 2" cut (becoz the surrounding area has no effect of a car hit). I tried to apply a polish and wax to buff up..but no response. The scratch is too deep , u can see the black line under the paint and the area is very rough.

It must have happened between today and last last time I washed.

Why would people do such things????
Plus they did where I could not see.

Please help me....what are my options?????????????

If i find the asshole I will make sure he/she has to visit the hospital ...coz my foot will be in his/her ass.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by drkabe
When I was washing this evening I noticed a hair like substance on my rear side passenger bumper close to the tire. I immediately realized it was a deep scratch. It looks like a knife/key 2" cut (becoz the surrounding area has no effect of a car hit). I tried to apply a polish and wax to buff up..but no response. The scratch is too deep , u can see the black line under the paint and the area is very rough.

It must have happened between today and last last time I washed.

Why would people do such things????
Plus they did where I could not see.

Please help me....what are my options?????????????

If i find the asshole I will make sure he/she has to visit the hospital ...coz my foot will be in his/her ass.
What color is your TSX? If it's white.. it's a very forgiving color when it comes to color matching and touchups.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First, you wash that section (if you are too lazy to wash the whole car). Then, get rid of any loose bits of paint and clean up with a MF cloth that is damped slightly with denatured alcohol (methylated spirits will work too). Apply touch up paint to the area using a sharp toothpick, one thin layer at a time, leaving 30minutes between layers (for Acura brand touch up paint). Once you build above the scratch level, you leave it for 7 days.

Come back after 7 days, wash the area, and dry. Apply Langka using their instructions to flatten the paint. Then apply non-abrasive polish and then your wax. The alternative if you don't have Langka is wetsanding. I don't dare to take sandpaper to my car, no matter how wet it is.