Dealer won't fix center console lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer won't fix center console lights

well i had my console lights go out for the 3rd time. first time was no problem. 2nd time i had to argue a little bit. 3rd time is a no go. im not too bummed but i figured i'd give it a try. but to me this is something that should be taken care of. i mean if you can't fix it in two tries why should i pay for it the 3rd time? it's also such a blatant defect on acura's part even though my warranty is up. either way i'm just going to buy the circuit board and do it myself. im fed up with the dealer and the attitudes. this is OPEN ROAD ACURA in EAST BRUNSWICK NJ for anybody who cares to know and don't bother going in for 3rd fix, they'll deny you!!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Instructor

oh btw here's a copy of the emails:

open road acura:
We would have to be able to determine what the problem before can let you
know if it covered under warranty. We can put can a loaner aside for you
but first we need to determine what the problem is before you get the
loaner which takes about an hour. If you have any further questions please
call us at 732 238 3030. Thanks and have a great day!

me:
well if that's the case, can i make an appointment to drop off the vehicle and leave with a loaner? once the problem is determined give me a call. i mean i'm 100% sure it's the circuit board problem with the radio. it is all over the internet about this problem. i had it replaced 2x already at open road with no problems and BEFORE acura even mailed out the letter acknowledging the problem.

thanks,

open road acura:
Going over previous records, Acura will not be able to cover the circuit board due to current mileage, radio was replaced previously as a one time goodwill. Based on vin # your car does not have a warranty extension forthe circuit board. Acura will be unable to provide assistance.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
im guessing your driving a 2004 acura TSX. dealers def suck and that sucks your consol keeps breaking. how much do they want to fix it?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Instructor

i guess im the only one that has an 04 left lol.........surprised there aren't more people that have this problem multiple times........
Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
If the dealer is not willing to budge, consider writing a letter to Acura Client Services for help. If that doesn't work, then your left footing the bill. Instead of getting the work done at the dealer, try an independent Auto Electrical shop. Give them a copy of the TSB, and ask if it's something that can be done - http://photos.imageevent.com/astrobo...sb/B04-021.pdf
Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by mojox20
well i had my console lights go out for the 3rd time. first time was no problem. 2nd time i had to argue a little bit. 3rd time is a no go. im not too bummed but i figured i'd give it a try. but to me this is something that should be taken care of. i mean if you can't fix it in two tries why should i pay for it the 3rd time? it's also such a blatant defect on acura's part even though my warranty is up. either way i'm just going to buy the circuit board and do it myself. im fed up with the dealer and the attitudes. this is OPEN ROAD ACURA in EAST BRUNSWICK NJ for anybody who cares to know and don't bother going in for 3rd fix, they'll deny you!!!!
Since the lights continue to fail, there's obviously something going on besides bad bulbs. I really don't think you'll prevail in this as the car is at least 7 years old (and could easily be 8) and Honda would mostly likely be willing to lose you as a customer than try to spend the time (and money) to track down the real problem. If I were you, I'd just live with it (and take your business elsewhere if necessary when you buy another car).
Old 03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Instructor

eh screw the dealer. i bought the circuit board from a dealer online. replaced it yesterday. ended to be about $80 after returning my core. definately not worth arguing or writing any letters. should be good until i sell it or i might just keep it till the whole car dies
Old 04-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Unfortunately, the bargain basement "premium audio system" head unit and its fault-prone circuit board (not bulbs), and Honda's refusal to keep replacing these for owners, is one of several reasons that I won't buy another Honda. Maybe Lexus would be no different, but then maybe they'd either fix the problem (updated part), or keep replacing it to retain customers over the long haul. That's SUPPOSED to be the "customer experience" of buying from these Japanese car "premium brands."

Acura's repeated demonstration of indifference to customer complaints of manufacturing defects means they don't want returning customers, just one-time converts from Hondas. :thumbsdow

Last edited by davidspalding; 04-11-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:35 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by davidspalding
Unfortunately, the bargain basement "premium audio system" head unit and its fault-prone circuit board (not bulbs), and Honda's refusal to keep replacing these for owners, is one of several reasons that I won't buy another Honda. Maybe Lexus would be no different, but then maybe they'd either fix the problem (updated part), or keep replacing it to retain customers over the long haul. That's SUPPOSED to be the "customer experience" of buying from these Japanese car "premium brands."

Acura's repeated demonstration of indifference to customer complaints of manufacturing defects means they don't want returning customers, just one-time converts from Hondas. :thumbsdow
did you experience those problems-I must be very lucky-no problems with my car. (knock-on-wood)
Old 10-12-2011, 07:31 AM
1st Gear

Mojox20,

Where did you get the board and how hard was it to replace? Are there pics/instructions anywhere? I've had it go out twice now, and with 150k miles I'm not even bothering with the dealer.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jcal710
Mojox20,

Where did you get the board and how hard was it to replace? Are there pics/instructions anywhere? I've had it go out twice now, and with 150k miles I'm not even bothering with the dealer.
bought it here http://www.acuraoempartsdepot.com/pa...&siteid=215407

you just need instructions on how to take the console out, which i believe is posted here somewhere just need to do a search

as for the radio the kit gives you instructions and which screw to remove and the circuit board. it's pretty straight forward. good luck!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:20 PM
ABP 6MT

Originally Posted by jcal710
Mojox20,

Mojox20: Did you fix you board?
My center lights are starting to act up - flicking to full bright when going over bumps or when adjusting the brightness. I'm at 145k now. Center stack lights went out back at 36k and had the radio replaced under warranty.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mojox20
i guess im the only one that has an 04 left lol.........surprised there aren't more people that have this problem multiple times........
mine just went out again, for the 3rd time. I have 114k miles on the car. Console lights were fine but the service guy mentioned i should swap them up before my 100k warranty on the lights were up ... did that around 90k, even though the lights seems ok. Now have swapped them out 2 more time.

Seems the replacement part I keep getting was worse than the OEM one.