Crash Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:47 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash Sensors

Hi everyone, I bought an TSX 2005 with front airbags deployed,
i already changed them, but i don't know if there are front crash sensors to change (where are they?), and how to reset the srs module and red light on dashboard.

thanks!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:01 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Try: airbagsolutions.com. It will cost you money, but all you'll ever need to know about servicing the various parts of the SRS are here. I'm curious...... does your insurance company know you're mucking around with the SRS? I ask because if you were to get into an accident (or someone else if you sell the car) and the bags don't deploy properly, and someone gets hurt, you'll be on the hook for it (and I assume by proxy, your insurance company, up to your liability limit). This is one reason why some of us actually PAY someone who knows what they're doing to handle this type of thing. I'll adopt my occasional "cold water on the parade" position, and remind everyone that any work or mods that you perform on and/or to your car, you're responsible for. If you get into a serious accident and hurt, or God forbid kill, someone and your efforts can be shown to be a factor, you could be in trouble. The injured party, or their family, or their estate, can come after you for everything that you own and ever will own (and since it would be civil litigation, the bar is much lower). And your insurance will only cover a small part of the settlement. I would agree that most of what we do to our cars has little or no effect on what could be considered "safety" items, but there are a few things that perhaps it might be better to let someone with the correct liability insurance handle.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:59 PM
El Cunado

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Simba91102
Try: airbagsolutions.com. It will cost you money, but all you'll ever need to know about servicing the various parts of the SRS are here. I'm curious...... does your insurance company know you're mucking around with the SRS? I ask because if you were to get into an accident (or someone else if you sell the car) and the bags don't deploy properly, and someone gets hurt, you'll be on the hook for it (and I assume by proxy, your insurance company, up to your liability limit). This is one reason why some of us actually PAY someone who knows what they're doing to handle this type of thing. I'll adopt my occasional "cold water on the parade" position, and remind everyone that any work or mods that you perform on and/or to your car, you're responsible for. If you get into a serious accident and hurt, or God forbid kill, someone and your efforts can be shown to be a factor, you could be in trouble. The injured party, or their family, or their estate, can come after you for everything that you own and ever will own (and since it would be civil litigation, the bar is much lower). And your insurance will only cover a small part of the settlement. I would agree that most of what we do to our cars has little or no effect on what could be considered "safety" items, but there are a few things that perhaps it might be better to let someone with the correct liability insurance handle.
I support the "allow others to handle this" mentality for safety products.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:35 PM
6th Gear

thanks guys, i'm from Guatemala, and I bought the car at copart, and i'm repairing the car at Honda's dealer here in Guatemala, but sometimes they say that have to change many many parts, so i was asking to be sure what really have to change.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:05 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Maybe this thread might help. The person's airbags were deployed, and she had to reset the system after replacing the airbags:

https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-problems-fixes-128/resetting-vsa-airbag-lights-664962/
Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
Maybe this thread might help. The person's airbags were deployed, and she had to reset the system after replacing the airbags:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664962
nice thread, i'll try to do that