Console pocket wiring!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 12:07 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Console pocket wiring!?

Instead of figuring out what's wrong with the CD player, I am about to install a handy – looking piece of wiring (GTAcarkits.com) that attaches to an AUX port up under the audio/hvac in the console. Following an installation video on YouTube, I pulled out the pocket below the heating controls to get to the port, and…Where is the video had a handy blank hole to run wires thru, there is a little chunk of wiring that I think appears on a parts diagram as a light? No sign of a socket or anything?!?

I was about to assume that this was some optional item that I don't need to worry about, that I can just pop the fixture out of the hole and tape it up somewhere and run my wires through there.

Anybody have any information that would be relevant?
(note: I have been trying to throw a picture into this message, but could not figure out how to pull it off, I hope I didn't make a mess somewhere in the system…)

I have been trying to throw a picture into this message, but could not figure out how to pull it off, I hope I didn't make a mess somewhere in the system…) oh wait..succcess!?
Old 08-22-2023, 07:10 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Are you asking what is attached to the cubby at the top? It is a light. If you twist the plastic part that the red and black wires are connected to (I think maybe counter clockwise), you can pull it out. You would then have a hole you can use to feed wire into if you want. It's honestly hard to understand what you're asking about here.