clutch pedal vibrations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Noobie 6MT driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy clutch pedal vibrations?

Got a problem here that's been bothering me, and i've noticed it for a few days.

This happens mostly when the car is warmed up and have been driven for 15mins or so. When i engage and disengage the clutch, at the point where my foot comes in contact/releases from the pedal, i can feel a slight vibration under my foot. I do not feel any clutch slippage as far as i know, so i don't know what might be causing this.

Also, i don't know if this is related to the above, but i noticed a slight ticking noise underneath the hood whenever i'm accelerating (below 2500 rpm). This ticking noise is very faint, and i could only here it when i turned off the radio and climate control.

Does anyone know what's wrong with my car? I'm planning to take it back to the dealer, but i want to hear some opinion before i let the dealer mechanics look at it...
Old 02-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I feel the vibrations under my foot on the clutch as well, this was the case before and after getting my Clutch master cylinder replaced for the "clicking" issue. I chaulk it up to the clutch being attached to the engine through hydraulics.

Have you noticed you can feel the windshield wipers hit their end points through the clutch and brake pedal? Sit at a traffic light with your wipers on and your feet on the clutch/brake.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Noobie 6MT driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not too sure if i've noticed my windshield wiper through my brake and clutch.

However, my first guess was the clutch cylinders also, as i have read many people on this board having it replace (although there was not TSB, right?). Last summer, after a long drive, my clutch would squeek when i engage/disengage, but not vibration. Maybe the vibration is a good indication of the cylinder starting to fail...?

What about the ticking noise in the engine bay?