Clutch Pedal Rumble

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Pedal Rumble

2 things -

#1. I notice when I am driving and the clutch pedal is pressed all the way down, I get a rumble through the clutch pedal.

#2. Sometimes when I first start the car and back it out of the garage, when I shift from Reverse to 1st I feel a different rumble. More like ABS. On this point I do recall seeing that this may be an automatic check of the ABS system but I cannot find the previous posts.

Has anybody else encountered either of these?
Old 04-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Advanced

Not when its all the way in, but on the way in and out

Yesterday, at 15k, it started getting a bit "grippy" like the cable isn't lubricated.

Sometimes, when releasing it, before it engages, there's a place where it seems to catch on something.

Anyone know what this problem is?
Old 04-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by raynord
#2. Sometimes when I first start the car and back it out of the garage, when I shift from Reverse to 1st I feel a different rumble. More like ABS. On this point I do recall seeing that this may be an automatic check of the ABS system but I cannot find the previous posts.

Has anybody else encountered either of these?
yes that is the ABS slef check
Old 04-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by raynord
2 things -
#1. I notice when I am driving and the clutch pedal is pressed all the way down, I get a rumble through the clutch pedal.
Could it be the thrust bearing going?
Old 04-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Cruisin'

The clutch pedal rumble is most likely just the car vibrating. When you put pedal-to-the-metal (the clutch that is) it is resting right next to the firewall on the floor. Depending on how old the car is, the motor-mounts could have loosened up a bit and you're actually feeling the engine.

When I had a nissan truck, I was actually able to feel the windshield wiper motor through the brake pedal when the wipers were on. Just normal stuff
Old 04-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jarvo1
The clutch pedal rumble is most likely just the car vibrating. When you put pedal-to-the-metal (the clutch that is) it is resting right next to the firewall on the floor. Depending on how old the car is, the motor-mounts could have loosened up a bit and you're actually feeling the engine.

When I had a nissan truck, I was actually able to feel the windshield wiper motor through the brake pedal when the wipers were on. Just normal stuff

It did go thru my mind that it might just be vibration thru the bodywork. As to the age of the car - 2 weeks.